The Blues Brothers (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 15, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live: Sunday May 10th at 12pm Midday for Red Carpet Subscribers - 6PM for all customers UK times)
Price: £36.99

12564528-1364766272397829.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't gone for any of the collectors editions from this recent wave of releases cos they all amount to shite. An extra 15 quid over the standard amaray for, what, a micro script, a shot list & 4 art cards? Yeah, ok.
The amaray also comes with a slipcover so let's not act like thats part of the cost here.
This should, at most, have been £28. No extra discs to drive up the cost, just a shot list & script that will probably be looked at once & then never again.
£20 for the amaray, £24 for the steelbook, £28 for the "Collectors" edition.

While we're on the subject of price, compared to the UK (which I do think is high to begin with), the 4K amaray releases are extortionate here in Ireland.
€40 for a new 4K disc that costs £20 in the UK? Go jump in the sea!

Did Amazon actually go out of stock though? I checked the link as soon as it was posted and never saw it available to buy. It seemed more like it was a placeholder that hadn't gone live. Especially since now it's in stock.

It only became available again later this morning. The non-steelbook was also unavailable and that is now available again as well. So either they got more stock reserved or they are just staggering availability. All I know is that I'm glad I got it as I don't want to pay Zavvi pricing for it. Don't want the extras.

Did Amazon actually go out of stock though? I checked the link as soon as it was posted and never saw it available to buy. It seemed more like it was a placeholder that hadn't gone live. Especially since now it's in stock.
Amazon 4K standard steelbook went live to pre order on Wednesday May 6th and sold out a few days later

It's back available for now to pre order

Last edited:
Does anyone know poster size that comes whitch these steelbooks usually, I refuse to believe they cram official theatrical size poster folded hundred times in that slipcase lol

Canceled mine as it be another jaws repeat in a jiffy bag, i rather just get the steel on its own but zavvi don't offer that.

Forgot to cancel, mine turned up 5 minutes ago. The packaging was a jiffy bag surrounded by a jiffy bag, send from Guernsey :thumbs:

Forgot to cancel, mine turned up 5 minutes ago. The packaging was a jiffy bag surrounded by a jiffy bag, send from Guernsey :thumbs:
Jiffy bag in a jiffy bag? Wonder if something i said to them recently they listened i said this or bubble wrap items and pur inside a bubble bag or better still box.
I canceled this as what's the point when your buying it for the extras but its all damaged cause of the bag.
Still waiting for jaws which will take a bit of time to get here but sure enough i be disappointed on its condition due to where its sent to and transit time and a bloody bag as well im sure like others.
Its about time other retailers got certain exclusives and not just zavvi.

Reactions: GeoRattray