The Color of Money (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: The Color of Money (live)
Price: £14.99

11216731-2054352657772189.jpg

11216731-1764352386372560.jpg

11216731-1294352386253430.jpg

Last edited:
What a joke, plenty of art to use, but at least they didn't use the same poster art that's on every other single release since dvd, no idea why they keep doing that old done to death stuff, the film runs 100mins find something it's easy really, watch the film maybe it'll spark some original thought, geez.

Btw, my post wasn´t aimed at anyone in particular besides @Apollon . He was falling asleep so I thought he should have a beer or two instead.

Cheers Farés. ;)

Quite like the simplicity of this green baize pool table artwork and the red spine is a definite plus to give it some oomph.
Just hope the balls in the inverted triangle are coloured as in the original poster with the centre one stamped with the "$" sign and none left blank.
Lose the title on the front though as one like that is enough.
New title to Blu in the U.K. it's true but the pricing of these steelbooks is nevertheless all wrong and nobody should be buying this or any other single disc older title at full price any more unless they are 'special' / ultra limited / Disney/Marvel . . . lol.

Don't be so dramatic! It's ONE steelbook! Look at Blufan's Romeo & Juliet - steelbooks are coming along just fine.
There will be clunkers along the way...

Dramatic

This isn't the first time from Zavvi we've had a decent film but really lousy artwork. Steelbooks these days are getting lazy.

Not impressed looks too plain, could have used the movie posters, possibly one with more balls on the table and put a movie poster on the back, looks like this is the first UK release for this movie.

TheColorOfMoney.jpg TheColorOfMoney1.jpg

There's no way anyone at Zavvi approves (or approves of) this art.

They obviously want the big Disney exclusives like Star Wars, the Marvel movies and the Disney Classics range as that's where they make their money, but the downside is they also get all the other Disney releases that have a happy knack of looking awful, and taking forever to sell out (assuming they ever do).

Think about it, if you worked for Zavvi, would you really be happy with the covers for this, Hitchikers Guide, The Muppets and so on? Of course you wouldn't, and I don't think anyone at Zavvi is happy with them either. Especially when you end up with 1000's of comments on forums like this berating them for the artwork (which they have no control over). Yes, they're Zavvi exclusives but that's it. When I worked for Blockbuster, we used to have Blockbuster exclusives (mainly Disney ones) and we hated the designs (they had 'rental copy' in thick black lettering on the spine making them near impossible to sell off as ex-rentals), but Disney didn't care. Their attitude was take them or leave them. Unfortunately, leaving them meant you got no Disney films at all, ever.

I imagine Zavvi are in the same boat.

Agree with lot that you are saying there but I can't have you dissing Hitchhikers, it is one of the surprise steelbooks of the year, a gem in fact for a catalogue job.

The artwork for this does suck big time, fed up of this wave of crap art flowing through the steels right now.

Agree with lot that you are saying there but I can't have you dissing Hitchhikers, it is one of the surprise steelbooks of the year, a gem in fact for a catalogue job.

The artwork for this does suck big time, fed up of this wave of crap art flowing through the steels right now.

Fair enough if you like HHGTTG, I'm not a fan of the design.

Disney, Sony and Fox have been responsible for some amazing designs and frankly, some God-awful ones. That's what makes it so frustrating. You know they're capable of works of art but find trepidation in any announcements. Is your favourite movie going to look amazing or awful? How can Big Hero 6 look so good, yet The Color of Money look so poor?

I guess this art is a result of nobody wanting to spend 6 months fighting Tom Cruise's people over the use of his name and image.
I really 100% believe this is the reason. It has been fairly common knowledge that TC and his people take forever to give the O.K. for artwork. (And are very particular about it)

Don't be so dramatic! It's ONE steelbook! Look at Blufan's Romeo & Juliet - steelbooks are coming along just fine.
There will be clunkers along the way...

What are you talking about??? 90% of steelbooks (in the UK at least) range between fricking terrible and average. There is a BIG problem with the standard of steelbooks lately.