The Color of Money (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: The Color of Money (live)
Price: £14.99

11216731-2054352657772189.jpg

11216731-1764352386372560.jpg

11216731-1294352386253430.jpg

Last edited:
What are you talking about??? 90% of steelbooks (in the UK at least) range between fricking terrible and average. There is a BIG problem with the standard of steelbooks lately.
My recent Novas, Blufans, FACs, Mondos, & HDzetas beg to differ.:naughty::thumbs:
But, yeah- when they suck, they do seem to suck harder than usual lately:wow::LOL:!
(thank you for the low standards PopArt, Iconic Art, Reel Heroes...)
But there have been plenty of awesome WWAs. Ex Machina was an instant Classic.

Last edited:
I'll buy the amaray when it drops in price over this rubbish.
There is no UK Amaray release
You though can get a amaray release from USA and some other countries but there is no amaray release yet in the UK

UK its first time on Blu-ray and just happens to be a steelbook

I agree with the artwork not been the best and would have liked something lot better but even the amaray releases available in other countries artwork is not that great either to be honest

Going by the mock up it looks very poor but it might end up looking better than we expect but not what I would have expected or hoped for

There is no UK Amaray release
You though can get a amaray release from USA and some other countries but there is no amaray release yet in the UK

UK its first time on Blu-ray and just happens to be a steelbook

I agree with the artwork not been the best and would have liked something lot better but even the amaray releases available in other countries artwork is not that great either to be honest

Going by the mock up it looks very poor but it might end up looking better than we expect but not what I would have expected or hoped for

I assumed an amaray release would coincide with this.

Nobody should pre-order this crap.This steelbook is a absolute joke.For £6 maybe, not £14,99 !!!

Say no with your wallet :banghead: :banghead:

Reactions: ChrisIW
There's no way anyone at Zavvi approves (or approves of) this art.

They obviously want the big Disney exclusives like Star Wars, the Marvel movies and the Disney Classics range as that's where they make their money, but the downside is they also get all the other Disney releases that have a happy knack of looking awful, and taking forever to sell out (assuming they ever do).

Think about it, if you worked for Zavvi, would you really be happy with the covers for this, Hitchikers Guide, The Muppets and so on? Of course you wouldn't, and I don't think anyone at Zavvi is happy with them either. Especially when you end up with 1000's of comments on forums like this berating them for the artwork (which they have no control over). Yes, they're Zavvi exclusives but that's it. When I worked for Blockbuster, we used to have Blockbuster exclusives (mainly Disney ones) and we hated the designs (they had 'rental copy' in thick black lettering on the spine making them near impossible to sell off as ex-rentals), but Disney didn't care. Their attitude was take them or leave them. Unfortunately, leaving them meant you got no Disney films at all, ever.

I imagine Zavvi are in the same boat.
Obviously can't agree with you about "Hitchhiker's" and "The Muppets" which are absolutely lovely . . . IMO . . . and two of my favourites.

This one is a rare beast, though, without Cruise's mug plastered all over it and is possibly the only TC U.K. steelbook that doesn't feature him on the front (apart from "Legend" and the "War of the Worlds" remake).
I've got to admit that the "rarity value" of that would still in no way persuade me to pay over 10 quid for it.

Scorsese is clearly a versatile dude responsible for a number of modern classics (including one of my favourites - "After Hours"). He is also the founder and chairman of The Film Foundation which restores, preserves and distributes neglected films as well as providing intros to several film noirs in my collection. His World Cinema Projects for Criterion and Eureka "Masters of Cinema" are available for anyone interested in such things. As the man himself has put it "Our artistic heritage has to be preserved and shared by all of us. Just as we've learned to take pride in our poets and writers, in jazz and the blues, we need to take pride in our cinema, our great American art form".

Not very nice but any steel with 'bossing can never be a contender for "Worst steelbook" . . . IMHO.
Very weird title treatment, though, with its mix of upper and lower case letters and would have preferred it as printed on the disc.
Certainly Minimalist with a big "M".