The Color of Money (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: The Color of Money (live)
Price: £14.99

11216731-2054352657772189.jpg

11216731-1764352386372560.jpg

11216731-1294352386253430.jpg

Last edited:
The artwork doesn't look great and the red spine seems out of place. It is nice to see another title get its first UK Blu-ray release in Steelbook form though.

Reactions: RekLess
Fantastic film
The steelbook artwork though is very poor looking
Front is to bare looking it needs more detail

The black ball be cool if it was embossed but even with that it would be lacking
It needs a few more pool balls on the front or use these
Editors-Pick-The-Color-Of-Money.jpg

the-color-of-money-537220b0e8e9e.jpg
I will be getting this but will wait for a price drop

Reactions: Snollygoster
Great movie, but won't be getting this with that artwork until it's about £6.99
with all them steelbooks Zavvi have got that haven't sold out would you think
they would have learned that people just won't buy them with rubbish artwork anymore?

There's no way anyone at Zavvi approves (or approves of) this art.

They obviously want the big Disney exclusives like Star Wars, the Marvel movies and the Disney Classics range as that's where they make their money, but the downside is they also get all the other Disney releases that have a happy knack of looking awful, and taking forever to sell out (assuming they ever do).

Think about it, if you worked for Zavvi, would you really be happy with the covers for this, Hitchikers Guide, The Muppets and so on? Of course you wouldn't, and I don't think anyone at Zavvi is happy with them either. Especially when you end up with 1000's of comments on forums like this berating them for the artwork (which they have no control over). Yes, they're Zavvi exclusives but that's it. When I worked for Blockbuster, we used to have Blockbuster exclusives (mainly Disney ones) and we hated the designs (they had 'rental copy' in thick black lettering on the spine making them near impossible to sell off as ex-rentals), but Disney didn't care. Their attitude was take them or leave them. Unfortunately, leaving them meant you got no Disney films at all, ever.

I imagine Zavvi are in the same boat.