Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.png

Last edited:
Ah ok it definatly had a few jumpy parts from what I can remember so maybe not the best choice for you mate! At least if you don't mind the gore there's still plenty of decent horrors you can watch!:)
Yep, thankfully there's some really great horror films out there that I can still enjoy. I've got a lot of catching up to do when it comes to the classics though... I'm yet to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre and only recently watched Halloween.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Yep, thankfully there's some really great horror films out there that I can still enjoy. I've got a lot of catching up to do when it comes to the classics though... I'm yet to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre and only recently watched Halloween.
Texas Chainsaw is great, you need to see it mate! Its not too bad with the jump scares, more tense than anything! I think a lot of the 80's horrors would be good for you. Fright Night 1 and 2 and Invasion of the body snatchers are a couple of great ones!:)

Reactions: Noodles
Texas Chainsaw is great, you need to see it mate! Its not too bad with the jump scares, more tense than anything! I think a lot of the 80's horrors would be good for you. Fright Night 1 and 2 and Invasion of the body snatchers are a couple of great ones!:)
Funny thing is... TCM was one of the first Blu's I ever bought, but it's been sat on a shelf collecting dust ever since lol. You're right though mate... I seem to prefer the older horror films over the newer stuff. I actually bought Invasion of the Body Snatchers during HMV's Arrow sale not so long ago, but haven't got around to watching it yet. Never seen the original Fright Night, but watched the remake and wasn't a huge fan... not that it's an excuse for not watching the original though, as we all know remakes are generally a lot worse. Will add them to my watchlist anyway. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Texas Chainsaw is overrated IMO. Especially if you are going to be viewing it for the first time in 2016!!

Funny thing is... TCM was one of the first Blu's I ever bought, but it's been sat on a shelf collecting dust ever since lol. You're right though mate... I seem to prefer the older horror films over the newer stuff. I actually bought Invasion of the Body Snatchers during HMV's Arrow sale not so long ago, but haven't got around to watching it yet. Never seen the original Fright Night, but watched the remake and wasn't a huge fan... not that it's an excuse for not watching the original though, as we all know remakes are generally a lot worse. Will add them to my watchlist anyway. :thumbs:
I wasn't a big fan of the Fright Night remake either mate. it wasn't a patch on the original. Definatly check it out when you can!:) Body snatchers is excellent, it's part thriller and horror but it's definatly worth a watch!:thumbs:

Texas Chainsaw is overrated IMO. Especially if you are going to be viewing it for the first time in 2016!!
It is a little dated now but still a classic IMO!:)

• Thanks
First one was fantastic. Couldn't go to sleep after watching it ... and i'm not a wimp, far from it. I've been fired at on the front line in Afghanistan. In call of duty ufcourse.

Stuck in my preorder for this.

This might be the only Steelbook release we'll see for this movie and don't want to risk it selling out before release (like HMV's Hateful Eight).

Reactions: digitalbabe
First one was fantastic. Couldn't go to sleep after watching it ... and i'm not a wimp, far from it. I've been fired at on the front line in Afghanistan. In call of duty ufcourse.

One of the best horror movies I've seen and scary as hell. I think I jumped couple of times while watching the film. I couldn't go to sleep either and I went to check the rooms, because I thought I heard something :ohno:. I honestly never get like this, but this movie just crawled into my mind and I freaked out. Gotta see this second one asap!

Just saw this. Enjoyable but without the creepy atmosphere of the first one. Too much reliance on jump scares and seen it all before cliches (amazing how demons can always lock doors at key moments). Its a greatest hits of WANs back catalogue with absolutely nothing new to offer.

have not seen this. but myriad of similar films. my problem is. things start to happen. small things. door closes. picture moves. etc. then things start to escalate. little by little.

why do not these demons etc. attack full on in the first place. they just seem to goof around, before acting more serious.

I'm not saying these are not scary movies, but the formula is so seen and done.

btw. you can spoil me does it goes this way in this film too...I have read about the actual case. and IMO it has been proved as a hoax.

I don't mind gore mate... it's the jump scares that have me worried lol. This might sound weird, but I suffer from panic attacks and anything that gets my heart racing can set them off, so horror films are often a no go for me. :ugh:

I'll try and give it a go at some point though! Seeing The Sixth Sense for the first time had me in a right mess, yet I still loved it in the end... so sometimes the suffering can be worth it. :D

Ahh noodles, you gotta see this film.. if you're worried, come over and watch it with me.. I promise I won't jump out a cupboard and scare you even more:LOL::thumbs:

I've not seen this 2nd movie yet, I think I might just save the cinema money and just buy the steel like I did with the first film.

I remember the Enfield thing at the time, I thought it was silly but if this movie is anything like the first I'm gonna love what they do with the story:oohyeah:

Is that Vera on the front cover? Not very flattering lol.
I'd love the steelbook art to be more in keeping with the first:ohno:

@virkia , that artwork you posted would make me very happy:)

have not seen this. but myriad of similar films. my problem is. things start to happen. small things. door closes. picture moves. etc. then things start to escalate. little by little.

why do not these demons etc. attack full on in the first place. they just seem to goof around, before acting more serious.

I'm not saying these are not scary movies, but the formula is so seen and done.

btw. you can spoil me does it goes this way in this film too...I have read about the actual case. and IMO it has been proved as a hoax.
It's a film, so they obviously want to build on the suspense. It'd probably be over within minutes if they "attack full on" right off the bat, which really would make for a boring film lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Ahh noodles, you gotta see this film.. if you're worried, come over and watch it with me.. I promise I won't jump out a cupboard and scare you even more:LOL::thumbs:

I've not seen this 2nd movie yet, I think I might just save the cinema money and just buy the steel like I did with the first film.

I remember the Enfield thing at the time, I thought it was silly but if this movie is anything like the first I'm gonna love what they do with the story:oohyeah:

Is that Vera on the front cover? Not very flattering lol.
I'd love the steelbook art to be more in keeping with the first:ohno:

@virkia , that artwork you posted would make me very happy:)
Haha does that mean you WOULD jump out of a cupboard to scare me further? Meany! :bored: :p

I'll definitely give it a watch at some point... I just need to wait for one of my more "relaxed" days when I'm not so stressed lol. Whilst I wait for that day to arrive, I should probably invest in some cushions to hide behind for when the time finally comes. :LOL:

I had no idea that was supposed to be Vera on the front by the way... not that I'd properly examined it or anything, but I assumed it was some sort of ghost/demon from the film lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
It's a film, so they obviously want to build on the suspense. It'd probably be over within minutes if they "attack full on" right off the bat, which really would make for a boring film lol.

it's a film. that I get. building suspence I get too. But in alien when attacks started they were full on. and in the thing. in films like dawn and the day of the dead attacks were full on in the premise. still great films.

IMO this goofing around is done ...

it's not believable to me, that this ancient great evil demon thinks : 'yep - Ill move that picture on ths shelve a bit so residents get scary and ...
in some point I'll come out and throw up on her mouth some evil goo (like in conjuring 1)