Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.png

Last edited:
Haha does that mean you WOULD jump out of a cupboard to scare me further? Meany! :bored: :p

I'll definitely give it a watch at some point... I just need to wait for one of my more "relaxed" days when I'm not so stressed lol. Whilst I wait for that day to arrive, I should probably invest in some cushions to hide behind for when the time finally comes. :LOL:

I had no idea that was supposed to be Vera on the front by the way... not that I'd properly examined it or anything, but I assumed it was some sort of ghost/demon from the film lol.

Would i:naughty: maybe;) hehe, just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you. :thumbs: I did have a friend round last week thought, he'd never seen the maze runner and he was quite on edge at the start of the film, I did keep grabbing him at the quite moments and made him jump a few times.. looking back, I guess I was a bit mean.. but I only did it during the first part of the movie:bag:
I think all the ninja's should each send you a pillow/cushion, that way you can build a pillow fort with a little window to watch all the movies through:joy:

I assumed it was Vera on the front cos she's standing next to her husband, but like you, at first I just thought it was some demon/ghost thing. Like I said it really isn't flattering:rofl: I think she was really good in the first movie and also in the series bates motel, something a bit odd about her (in a good way) that makes her very good in these types of roles:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Haha does that mean you WOULD jump out of a cupboard to scare me further? Meany! :bored: :p

I'll definitely give it a watch at some point... I just need to wait for one of my more "relaxed" days when I'm not so stressed lol. Whilst I wait for that day to arrive, I should probably invest in some cushions to hide behind for when the time finally comes. :LOL:

I had no idea that was supposed to be Vera on the front by the way... not that I'd properly examined it or anything, but I assumed it was some sort of ghost/demon from the film lol.

I think vera gets possessed in this one

The Enfield story is a strange one though,

Some of its clearly fake like the jumping out the bed etc but other things are strange, over 30 witnesses too

• Thanks
ORPHAN highly recommended for fans of Vera Farmiga . . . and why no steelbook for that one yet !?

It goes without saying (though 'll say it anyway) that there's a mass of horror films dramatising or influenced by REAL-LIFE EVENTS apart from THE CONJURING 2 2016 with probably the most famous ones being:

- PSYCHO 1960 / TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 1974 / THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS 1991 with the serial killer Ed Gein references.
- THE EXORCIST 1973 inspired by the 1949 case of Roland Doe who was allegedly possessed and had to be exorcised by a Catholic priest.
- JAWS 1974 inspired by the 1916 Jersey Shore shark attacks and other historical incidents.
- EATEN ALIVE 1977 inspired by Joe Ball "The Alligator Man" who killed up to thirty people and fed them to his gators in the 1930's.
- THE HILLS HAVE EYES also 1977 inspired by the 16th Century cave-dwelling Sawney Bean clan of legend whose members killed/ate/disposed of up to 1,000 people over a 25 year period.

. . . right up to more modern offerings such as:

- *THE CONJURING 2013/ *THE AMITYVILLE HORROR 1979 based on the Ed and Lorraine Warren investigation of the haunted home of the Perron family in Rhode Island (haunted by the witch Bathsheba Sheron who had lived there in the 19th Century) and AH based on the experiences of the Lutz family.
- OPEN WATER 2003 where Tom and Eileen Lonergan were accidentally left behind by a diving company in "open water".
- WOLF CREEK 2005 based on two men - Ivan Milat and Bradley John Murdoch - the first of whom kidnapped and tortured tourists in the Outback in the 1990's.
- THEM 2006 based on the case of an Austrian couple with a holiday home in Romania where they were attacked (and worse) by children wearing hoodies.
- STUCK 2007 based on the case of a homeless man hit by a car, entangled in the windshield and held prisoner/trapped in the driver's garage.
All good stuff (apart from * which I haven't got down to watching yet and can't express an opinion on) and once seen not forgotten.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Would i:naughty: maybe;) hehe, just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you. :thumbs: I did have a friend round last week thought, he'd never seen the maze runner and he was quite on edge at the start of the film, I did keep grabbing him at the quite moments and made him jump a few times.. looking back, I guess I was a bit mean.. but I only did it during the first part of the movie:bag:
I think all the ninja's should each send you a pillow/cushion, that way you can build a pillow fort with a little window to watch all the movies through:joy:

I assumed it was Vera on the front cos she's standing next to her husband, but like you, at first I just thought it was some demon/ghost thing. Like I said it really isn't flattering:rofl: I think she was really good in the first movie and also in the series bates motel, something a bit odd about her (in a good way) that makes her very good in these types of roles:D
You could scare me further if you really wanted to, but it'd be your floor I accidentally pee on :LOL:. I'm sure all is forgiven then if you only did it to your friend for the first part of the film lol. That sounds like a great idea! I want a pillow fort for even when I'm not watching scary movies. :p

I didn't even realise they played husband and wife... I should probably check out the trailer lol. I do love Vera though... she's been great in everything I've seen her in so far. I still actually need to check out Bates Motel too... and not to mention Psycho, since the show is a prequel to the film.

I think vera gets possessed in this one

The Enfield story is a strange one though,

Some of its clearly fake like the jumping out the bed etc but other things are strange, over 30 witnesses too
I know nothing about Enfield, but that type of stuff is always made up. Just look at Most Haunted... that show makes wrestling look real. :muted: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Flloydo
You could scare me further if you really wanted to, but it'd be your floor I accidentally pee on :LOL:. I'm sure all is forgiven then if you only did it to your friend for the first part of the film lol. That sounds like a great idea! I want a pillow fort for even when I'm not watching scary movies. :p

I didn't even realise they played husband and wife... I should probably check out the trailer lol. I do love Vera though... she's been great in everything I've seen her in so far. I still actually need to check out Bates Motel too... and not to mention Psycho, since the show is a prequel to the film.

I know nothing about Enfield, but that type of stuff is always made up. Just look at Most Haunted... that show makes wrestling look real. :muted: :p

I'm mad over Vera lol she's my milf crush. Ummm

The Enfield photos are quite funny to be honest. Just google it lol

Yeah I'm not saying any of that's true but I'm open, you never know (I think watching paranormal activity 1 did this to me, the way it's shot was realistic for me and it scared the **** out of me haha)

Lol most haunted is sooooo bad

It's hard nowadays to do a good Hollywood horror without loud music as the scares or making you jump. indie ones tend to be better (it follows, as above so below, clown, Krampus for example and all different too) but the conjuring pulled it off, (much better than that awful insidious of the same director) and it's quite scary/ freaky but it also has a great cast. Also Vera and Wilson have great chemistry

Kind of reminded me of poltergeist though

I'm mad over Vera lol she's my milf crush. Ummm

The Enfield photos are quite funny to be honest. Just google it lol

Yeah I'm not saying any of that's true but I'm open, you never know (I think watching paranormal activity 1 did this to me, the way it's shot was realistic for me and it scared the **** out of me haha)

Lol most haunted is sooooo bad

It's hard nowadays to do a good Hollywood horror without loud music as the scares or making you jump. indie ones tend to be better (it follows, as above so below, clown, Krampus for example and all different too) but the conjuring pulled it off, (much better than that awful insidious of the same director) and it's quite scary/ freaky but it also has a great cast. Also Vera and Wilson have great chemistry

Kind of reminded me of poltergeist though
I wasn't going to say anything before, but I have a little crush on her too lol. We definitely seem to have similar taste in older women dude... first Kristen Wiig, now Vera Farmiga. :p

I Googled it and laughed hysterically. Everything I've ever seen about poltergeists looks fake as hell to me (it's often proven to be fake too), so I don't tend to believe in that stuff.

Yeah, that's all most modern day horrors are nowadays IMO... jump scares. They're not even that scary to be fair... they just make us jump because they take us by surprise. I hear a lot of hype about some recent horror films, so I give them a go and come out feeling very "meh" about them because they mostly depend on jump scares, which aren't fun for me lol.

A good horror film to me is something like The Shining or The Exorcist. I definitely plan to give The Conjuring a go anyway... at least that seems to have a decent story.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Flloydo
I wasn't going to say anything before, but I have a little crush on her too lol. We definitely seem to have similar taste in older women dude... first Kristen Wiig, now Vera Farmiga. :p

I Googled it and laughed hysterically. Everything I've ever seen about poltergeists looks fake as hell to me (it's often proven to be fake too), so I don't tend to believe in that stuff.

Yeah, that's all most modern day horrors are nowadays IMO... jump scares. They're not even that scary to be fair... they just make us jump because they take us by surprise. I hear a lot of hype about some recent horror films, so I give them a go and come out feeling very "meh" about them because they mostly depend on jump scares, which aren't fun for me lol.

A good horror film to me is something like The Shining or The Exorcist. I definitely plan to give The Conjuring a go anyway... at least that seems to have a decent story.

We do,

I do love an older woman (a 10 year gap between me and my ex)

In those photos The kid clearly jumping off the bed is supposed to be levitation lol too funny.
In the "real" event It was mainly noises and furniture moving and the famous old man bill talking through a little girl lol
That's in the trailer for the film too

They definately go for loud music on jumps nowadays. I've genuinely never jumped at a horror but my mind plays trick on me, especially supernatural stuff like ghosts and poltergeists but like I say that's since paranormal activity

I like all kinds of horror, old school slashers, ghost, monster, indie horrors. Love the shining, the thing, alien, Halloween, elm street, American werewolf, and newer ones like cabin fever, the ring, trick r treat, let me in, the amityville horror remake was surprisingly good too and so was the Texas chainsaw massacre. Just to name a few
But I think I've told you before that found footage is my modern favourite. They freak me out especially when done right.
I enjoyed the first VHS, REC or quarantine - can't remember what one I prefered, Clovie, chronicle, grave encounters, as above, PA 1 -3, troll hunter, and another really good one to check out is afflicted

Also some bad ones like unfriended, a Bigfoot one -willow creek by bobcat goldthwait, last 2 PAs, creep and loads more bad ones

I still haven't seen the exorcist!! Need to at some point

Last edited:
  • Thanks
ORPHAN highly recommended for fans of Vera Farmiga . . . and why no steelbook for that one yet !?

It goes without saying (though 'll say it anyway) that there's a mass of horror films dramatising or influenced by REAL-LIFE EVENTS apart from THE CONJURING 2 2016 with probably the most famous ones being:

- PSYCHO 1960 / TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 1974 / THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS 1991 with the serial killer Ed Gein references.
- THE EXORCIST 1973 inspired by the 1949 case of Roland Doe who was allegedly possessed and had to be exorcised by a Catholic priest.
- JAWS 1974 inspired by the 1916 Jersey Shore shark attacks and other historical incidents.
- EATEN ALIVE 1977 inspired by Joe Ball "The Alligator Man" who killed up to thirty people and fed them to his gators in the 1930's.
- THE HILLS HAVE EYES also 1977 inspired by the 16th Century cave-dwelling Sawney Bean clan of legend whose members killed/ate/disposed of up to 1,000 people over a 25 year period.

. . . right up to more modern offerings such as:

- *THE CONJURING 2013/ *THE AMITYVILLE HORROR 1979 based on the Ed and Lorraine Warren investigation of the haunted home of the Perron family in Rhode Island (haunted by the witch Bathsheba Sheron who had lived there in the 19th Century) and AH based on the experiences of the Lutz family.
- OPEN WATER 2003 where Tom and Eileen Lonergan were accidentally left behind by a diving company in "open water".
- WOLF CREEK 2005 based on two men - Ivan Milat and Bradley John Murdoch - the first of whom kidnapped and tortured tourists in the Outback in the 1990's.
- THEM 2006 based on the case of an Austrian couple with a holiday home in Romania where they were attacked (and worse) by children wearing hoodies.
- STUCK 2007 based on the case of a homeless man hit by a car, entangled in the windshield and held prisoner/trapped in the driver's garage.
All good stuff (apart from * which I haven't got down to watching yet and can't express an opinion on) and once seen not forgotten.

seen all except stuck. one should make diffence between evil (things) done by man or animal. and films with supernatural element.

We do,

In those photos The kid clearly jumping off the bed is supposed to be levitation lol too funny.
It was mainly noises and furniture moving and the famous old man bill talking through a little girl lol

They definately go for loud music on jumps nowadays. I've genuinely never jumped at a horror but my mind plays trick on me, especially supernatural stuff like ghosts and poltergeists but like I say that's since paranormal activity

I like all kinds of horror, old school slashers, ghost, monster, indie horrors. Love the shining, the thing, alien, Halloween, elm street, American werewolf, and newer ones like cabin fever, the ring, trick r treat, let me in, the amityville horror remake was surprisingly good too and so was the Texas chainsaw massacre. Just to name a few
But I think I've told you before that found footage is my modern favourite. They freak me out especially when done right.
I enjoyed the first VHS, REC or quarantine - can't remember what one I prefered, Clovie, chronicle, grave encounters, as above, PA 1 -3, troll hunter, and another really good one to check out is afflicted

Also some bad ones like unfriended, a Bigfoot one -willow creek by bobcat goldthwait, last 2 PAs, creep and loads more bad ones

you should be banished from this holy congrecation of HDN 'coz not seen one of the essential films of the 21th century.

lol.

I echo the above statement, you need to see The Exorcist. One of the most important 20th century horror movies & a cracking movie on top of that.

I keep meaning too but I was meant to over the last 20 years but some reason I don't

Every Halloween I think will too but I end up watching something else

Don't get me wrong, I've seen pretty much everything else classic and modern

I will get around to it

Hey folks, please remember to use spoiler tags when discussing movie bits so that whoever hasn't watched the movie yet, still gets to enjoy it. Thanks.

seen all except stuck. one should make diffence between evil (things) done by man or animal. and films with supernatural element.
Fair point.
In that case sticking with the following:
- THE EXORCIST 1973
- AUDREY ROSE 1977
- THE AMITYVILLE HORROR 1979 & 2005
- THE ENTITY 1981
- A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 1984
"The True Story: Though the story itself is entirely fictional, writer-director Wes Craven has admitted that he was at least partly inspired by an LA Times article about a group of Cambodian immigrants who all died while in the throes of a nightmare". The medical reports said there was nothing wrong with them physically . . . spooky . . . (maybe not supernatural but certainly strange enough to be included here)
- CHILD'S PLAY 1988
"The True Story: Writer Don Mancini based the Child's Play script on the case of a nurse who allegedly put a voodoo curse on the author Robert Eugene Otto, making one of his childhood dolls come to life and transforming it into a night-time menace" (again maybe not supernatural but it is voodoooooowoohooo !).
- THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES 2002
This 2002 movie is about an encounter with the mothman, a winged creature, appears in West Virginia and seems a harbinger for disastrous events, like a bridge collapsing. In the late 60s, actual Mothman sightings occurred in Point Pleasant, West Virginia - one of which pre-dated the collapse of a bridge that killed 46 people.
- THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE 2005
- DARK WATER 2005
- AN AMERICAN HAUNTING 2005
- THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT 2009 and PART 2: GHOSTS OF GEORGIA 2013
- SILENT HOUSE 2011
- THE RITE 2011
- THE POSSESSION 2012
- WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT 2012
- THE CONJURING 2013
- ANNABELLE 2014
- DELIVER US FROM EVIL 2014
- THE CONJURING 2 2016

Fair point.
In that case sticking with the following:
- THE EXORCIST 1973
- AUDREY ROSE 1977
- THE AMITYVILLE HORROR 1979 & 2005
- THE ENTITY 1981
- A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 1984
"The True Story: Though the story itself is entirely fictional, writer-director Wes Craven has admitted that he was at least partly inspired by an LA Times article about a group of Cambodian immigrants who all died while in the throes of a nightmare". The medical reports said there was nothing wrong with them physically . . . spooky . . . (maybe not supernatural but certainly strange enough to be included here)
- CHILD'S PLAY 1988
"The True Story: Writer Don Mancini based the Child's Play script on the case of a nurse who allegedly put a voodoo curse on the author Robert Eugene Otto, making one of his childhood dolls come to life and transforming it into a night-time menace" (again maybe not supernatural but it is voodoooooowoohooo !).
- THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES 2002
This 2002 movie is about an encounter with the mothman, a winged creature, appears in West Virginia and seems a harbinger for disastrous events, like a bridge collapsing. In the late 60s, actual Mothman sightings occurred in Point Pleasant, West Virginia - one of which pre-dated the collapse of a bridge that killed 46 people.
- THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE 2005
- DARK WATER 2005
- AN AMERICAN HAUNTING 2005
- THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT 2009 and PART 2: GHOSTS OF GEORGIA 2013
- SILENT HOUSE 2011
- THE RITE 2011
- THE POSSESSION 2012
- WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT 2012
- THE CONJURING 2013
- ANNABELLE 2014
- DELIVER US FROM EVIL 2014
- THE CONJURING 2 2016

THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE is a loose remake of a german film. that is better, more down to earth ... that is based on 'real events'.

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
We do,

In the "real" event It was mainly noises and furniture moving and the famous old man bill talking through a little girl lol

Haha yeah, the kid clearly jumping off the bed was the first thing I saw. :hilarious:

I decided to read up on it afterwards and it does seem pretty creepy, but most of it sounds bull to me... the kids were even caught and admitted to faking some stuff. And apparently no one was allowed in the same room when Bill spoke through the girl... seriously?! :rolleyes:

I'm very picky when it comes to horror... a creepy story with lots of suspense is what I enjoy most. Forgot Alien is considered a horror, but that's definitely up there as one of the most suspenseful films! I still need to watch a lot of those that you mentioned, so can't really comment on them at the moment.

I've actually only seen The Exorcist once, and that was with bunch of friends during a sleepover when I was younger... been meaning to rewatch it for a while now though. I look forward to hearing what you thought of it once you check it out mate. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Haha yeah, the kid clearly jumping off the bed was the first thing I saw. :hilarious:

I decided to read up on it afterwards and it does seem pretty creepy, but most of it sounds bull to me... the kids were even caught and admitted to faking some stuff. And apparently no one was allowed in the same room when Bill spoke through the girl... seriously?! :rolleyes:

I'm very picky when it comes to horror... a creepy story with lots of suspense is what I enjoy most. Forgot Alien is considered a horror, but that's definitely up there as one of the most suspenseful films! I still need to watch a lot of those that you mentioned, so can't really comment on them at the moment.

I've actually only seen The Exorcist once, and that was with bunch of friends during a sleepover when I was younger... been meaning to rewatch it for a while now though. I look forward to hearing what you thought of it once you check it out mate. :)

Yeah they admitted to a little bit of fakery, when they were older they claimed 2 or 3% was fake. Again it's just what they say

And yeah it's ridicolous that no one was allowed to go in the room when it was happeing. Forgot to mention that.
There was a reporter from the guardian or time (one of the papers lol) and that's the only one I think, ok that's weird
Oh and one of the neighbours accounts
There was a 3 part series last year or the year before about it all with Timothy spall that's meant to be good. I'll check it out I think

There's quite a few films considered a horror that you wouldn't expect. The film creep (not the London underground but the found footage with Mark duplas) is considered a horror but it's not really that bad and even keanus knock knock but again it's not really. Both are more psychological thrillers to me

And things like event horizon, sunshine and pandorum etc are sci fi horrors with alien and the thing

Ahh the old horrors at sleepovers

I miss those lol

I particularly remember scream, I know what you did last summer and Halloween

• Thanks

note : there are couple of versions now available. both excellent. I have digibook with both cuts with Friekins signature, (ok a little bragging there.) also, you can pass part 2 but part 3 is having directors cut treatment and even without it's worth a watch.

Yeah they admitted to a little bit of fakery, when they were older they claimed 2 or 3% was fake. Again it's just what they say

And yeah it's ridicolous that no one was allowed to go in the room when it was happeing. Forgot to mention that.
There was a reporter from the guardian or time (one of the papers lol) and that's the only one I think, ok that's weird
Oh and one of the neighbours accounts
There was a 3 part series last year or the year before about it all with Timothy spall that's meant to be good. I'll check it out I think

There's quite a few films considered a horror that you wouldn't expect. The film creep (not the London underground but the found footage with Mark duplas) is considered a horror but it's not really that bad and even keanus knock knock but again it's not really. Both are more psychological thrillers to me

And things like event horizon, sunshine and pandorum etc are sci fi horrors with alien and the thing

Ahh the old horrors at sleepovers

I miss those lol

I particularly remember scream, I know what you did last summer and Halloween

creep you mentioned is good.
the ending. wow.

note : there are couple of versions now available. both excellent. I have digibook with both cuts with Friekins signature, (ok a little bragging there.) also, you can pass part 2 but part 3 is having directors cut treatment and even without it's worth a watch.

creep you mentioned is good.
the ending. wow.

The last few minutes was the only decent bit and a few moments inbetween

Acting was fine, story was ok but they didn't do enough with it

The London Underground creep is much better. Used to love that weird film

The last few minutes was the only decent bit and a few moments inbetween

Acting was fine, story was ok but they didn't do enough with it

The London Underground creep is much better. Used to love that weird film

love it too. have the dvd. somewhere. the background story with the kids was, well creepy
and the water cage prisons.
well done indeed. plus the dvd, yes DVD has nice extras... is there a blu-ray ? am I rambling ?

now have to look up what the director has done since.