The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 6, 2021
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

The ConJuring The Devil Made me Do It.jpg
Conjuring.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone reckon we'll have another steelbook from someone else other than hmv?
Highly doubtful in the UK seeing as this is an exclusive. Their last Conjuring exclusive steelbook for part 2 didn't show up anywhere else either.

Although there were alternative German releases but they had German text on there.

So basically, if you really want this, you should try and get an order in just incase.

Reactions: jasong
I'm currently trying to get through this movie via HBOMax but two things are preventing me: The PQ resembles those demo videos you see playing on a loop on TVs at Best Buy. And the movie sucks. I liked the first two films but I think it's time to give it up. Coincidentally, I HATE most of what I watch on HBOmax. Everything looks like cheap video and NO, I don't have Motion whatever turned on.

I'm currently trying to get through this movie via HBOMax but two things are preventing me: The PQ resembles those demo videos you see playing on a loop on TVs at Best Buy. And the movie sucks. I liked the first two films but I think it's time to give it up. Coincidentally, I HATE most of what I watch on HBOmax. Everything looks like cheap video and NO, I don't have Motion whatever turned on.

Could it have been because of this today?

recently watched this and had to cancel my order,
loved the first two but this is defo not on the same par,
struggled to make it to the end,

Yeah I felt the same after watching it last night. Whilst not a terrible film, it just wasn't quite up to the standards of the first 2.
The only thing that was remotely creepy was
the real recording audio during the end credits
I like the fact they could introduce another film based on another true story, but I also feel maybe it has run it's course.
No doubt the figures will have WB foaming in the mouths to quickly get another on the go.

Reactions: yardman
Yeah I felt the same after watching it last night. Whilst not a terrible film, it just wasn't quite up to the standards of the first 2.
The only thing that was remotely creepy was
the real recording audio during the end credits
I like the fact they could introduce another film based on another true story, but I also feel maybe it has run it's course.
No doubt the figures will have WB foaming in the mouths to quickly get another on the go.
They could do a remake around The Amityville Horror story as that had Ed and Lorraine Warren involvment after the Lutz family's had left the house
They used the Amityville house as part of Conjuring 2
A remake done but this time more about Ed and Lorraine Warren involvment
Not sure though if they could get the rights to do another Amityville Horror Film

The next 2 Films from the conjuring universe is supposed to be Crooked Man and another Nun film

Reactions: MM3 and jasong
Did the other conjuring steelbooks include special features? I was checking my DVDS for them and it's a shame they have no bonuses on at all

Did the other conjuring steelbooks include special features? I was checking my DVDS for them and it's a shame they have no bonuses on at all
Part 1:
  • The Conjuring: Face-to-Face with Terror" featurette (6:39)
  • '' A Life in Demonology" featurette (15:39)

Part 2:

Crafting The Conjuring 2" featurette (10:09)
  • "The Enfield Poltergeist: Living the Horror" featurette (12:46)
  • Creating Crooked" featurette (6:44)
  • "Hollywood's Haunted Stage" featurette (5:08)
  • "The Sounds of Scary" featurette (7:00)
  • Deleted Scenes (6:31)

"Hi Jason

We’ve got an update on your pre-order,

CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME ....

We’ve just been advised by the manufacturers that the release date for the above item has changed to 06/09/2021 and your order will therefore be processed and dispatched nearer to this date.".

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Better take these ones - the UK version has a censored Blu-Ray, because they wanted to get the lower 15-rating. although the cut scenes are not that heavy. Only the 4K-Disc is uncut.
Only one scene had a edit to it to remove "bloody detail" on suicide.

Only one scene had a edit to it to remove "bloody detail" on suicide.
Or the cut scene, not scenes - sorry my fault. I just wanted to inform, that it is not the full uncut version and that they used the scissor on that one. The other versions from Italy and Spain are probably uncut. I remember, that it was the same with the Blu-ray of John Wick part2, that was also censored for a lower rating, but just in the UK. All other countries got the uncut-version.