The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 6, 2021
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

The ConJuring The Devil Made me Do It.jpg
Conjuring.jpg

Last edited:
Or the cut scene, not scenes - sorry my fault. I just wanted to inform, that it is not the full uncut version and that they used the scissor on that one. The other versions from Italy and Spain are probably uncut. I remember, that it was the same with the Blu-ray of John Wick part2, that was also censored for a lower rating, but just in the UK. All other countries got the uncut-version.
Yeah BBFC does not like suicide scenes they even rated Invisible man 18 due to same reason.

Yeah BBFC does not like suicide scenes they even rated Invisible man 18 due to same reason.
They also don´t like animal torture - the most recent example for that is the Suburbia release from the 101-label, where they cut 10 sceconds of the scene with the dogs being tripped by wires.

So the 4k disc is uncut in the uk but the blu ray is?

The Steelbook itself will get an 18 certificate I assume

Last edited:
Any news about different finishes for different countries, Paul?
Europe release likely will be the same so if Spain release is matte so will UK be
There can be instances in Europe some countries having different finish or have debossing/embossing but this release unlikely as it's a WWA warner release

USA release might be different finish to Europe if they get a steelbook release in the future but at the moment it's just Europe/Asia getting a Steelbook release

Reactions: jasong
Arrived today and nothing like the picture above! It's so dark, terrible matte finish and almost looks like a bad photoshop picture on the front. Don't even get me started on the back. Do not waste your money on this pile of c**p!

Yeah just unwrapped mine. I do like the design but once again the finish ruins it. Happy to have it in the collection though as, and I'm seemingly in the minority here, I do like the film.

Interesting to note that it does carry an 18 certificate so I'm assuming its uncut unlike the theatrical release

Reactions: jasong
Yeah just unwrapped mine. I do like the design but once again the finish ruins it. Happy to have it in the collection though as, and I'm seemingly in the minority here, I do like the film.

Interesting to note that it does carry an 18 certificate so I'm assuming its uncut unlike the theatrical release
Isn't the BD disc cut but not the 4K? Hence the rating...

Going by Jasongs pics of the discs. The BD only has a 15 rating compared to the 4K 18...