The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, @Sargast . They are just Lenticular cards, but sized to fit within the steelbook debossed border. I would have used an adhesive magnet cut to size. I got the images from another awesome HDN member here, who frequents this thread, and the artwork is excellent. For some reason Snapily reduced the image brightness and/or contrast and they results are too dark to view without a very bright light source or flash.

Do you guys cut the magnetic sheet to size after the lenticular card has already been glued to it so the card is being used as a mold or do you cut the magnetic sheet to size first?
Also, what type of glue do you guys use to stick the lenticular cards to the magnetic sheets? I want to prevent the glue from showing through the lenticular card!

I really need to know because this will be the next step in my attempt to reproduce the cards you made for yourself :p

Pealed the paper off...
vxz1v7.jpg
jj1a54.jpg

Then moisturized the remaining paper and glue so I could easily rub it off...
23ra5pl.jpg
19nzfl.jpg

All done, on to step 2!
imhxdu.jpg

I am giving it a go myself, but do I see correctly that you guys are cutting the lenticular card smaller? When I use the Sin City lenticular it covers my steelbook completely, however in the pictures I see that it still leaves visible an edge of the Steelbook.

Do you guys cut the magnetic sheet to size after the lenticular card has already been glued to it so the card is being used as a mold or do you cut the magnetic sheet to size first?
Also, what type of glue do you guys use to stick the lenticular cards to the magnetic sheets? I want to prevent the glue from showing through the lenticular card!

I really need to know because this will be the next step in my attempt to reproduce the cards you made for yourself :p

Pealed the paper off...
vxz1v7.jpg
jj1a54.jpg

Then moisturized the remaining paper and glue so I could easily rub it off...
23ra5pl.jpg
19nzfl.jpg

All done, on to step 2!
imhxdu.jpg

We all use self-adhesive magnetic vinyl.
A search on eBay or amazon will come up with some sellers.
Don't get really thick vinyl though. The thinnest size I can get is 0.5mm thick, and that is perfect. Go for that if you can.

I am giving it a go myself, but do I see correctly that you guys are cutting the lenticular card smaller? When I use the Sin City lenticular it covers my steelbook completely, however in the pictures I see that it still leaves visible an edge of the Steelbook.

Yes, the full-size lenticulars are slightly smaller than the size of the steelbook.

• Informative
Reactions: toonminator