The Dark Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #61) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: 4K + BD + Bonus disc

111.jpg000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t opened it yet, but the lenticulars look great. The front one was attached on a slight angle, so it’s partly coming off one side and one top edge of the slip.

It’s no big deal but, man, my OCD...

View attachment 537457
Update:

I opener my DL. It’s a beauty of a set.

But my copy also has a very slight spine impression/slash that appears to run horizontally across maybe half the steelbook. You can only see it a little bit from certain angles and in certain light. I wasn’t planning to unwrap the steelbook for a while since I’m moving soon. I did tear open a small area to get a better look at it. Even with the plastic still on, though, you can see it extending down the spine. Again, it’s not something that really stands out. But it’s there.

There is also a really ugly deep cut into the front lenticular that curves downward, goes right above The Dark Knight title, then back up and across the steelbook (no sure how well it shows up in the pic; it’s really obvious in hand). There are a bunch of other scuffs and scratches to the lentis, but that’s normal. This big one is the worst I’ve ever received on a steelbook.

Really, all of these things together are no big deal. I’ll certainly survive. But it does bother me a bit to have 3 separate annoyances on a $100USD steelbook. Very surprising to me for a Blufans release.

D342FEE4-45D7-4070-8D3B-61D652756C7A.jpeg
B919746A-054B-4549-8875-E4A3DA6FF29E.jpeg

Last edited:
Update:

But my copy also has a very slight spine impression/slash that appears to run horizontally across maybe half the steelbook. You can only see it a little bit from certain angles and in certain light. I wasn’t planning to unwrap the steelbook for a while since I’m moving soon. I did tear open a small area to get a better look at it. Even with the plastic still on, though, you can see it extending down the spine. Again, it’s not something that really stands out. But it’s there.

There is also a really ugly deep cut into the front lenticular that curves downward, goes right above The Dark Knight title, then back up and across the steelbook (no sure how well it shows up in the pic; it’s really obvious in hand). There are a bunch of other scuffs and scratches to the lentis, but that’s normal. This big one is the worst I’ve ever received on a steelbook.

Really, all of these things together are no big deal. I’ll certainly survive. But it does bother me a bit to have 3 separate annoyances on a $100USD steelbook. Very surprising to me for a Blufans release.

View attachment 537484
View attachment 537485
I wouldn't class all that as "no big deal" personally. I'd be asking for a replacement, particularly for the slip. Blufans QC isn't the best, but they are pretty accommodating with replacements.

Reactions: JGCramp and Shark
Update:

View attachment 537484
View attachment 537485
With those three issues together I would be asking for a replacement

Update:

View attachment 537484
View attachment 537485
novamedia is using an adhesive protective foil on their lenticulars since a good while now, and since that point in time their lentis arrive in pristine condition... i wonder why other retailers cant follow... certainly cheaper than shipping a replacement piece of cardboard across the whole world for 20$ lost shipping costs

Update:

View attachment 537484
View attachment 537485
@tha_lunatic, if this was his copy...
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

:p

In all seriousness, sorry to see that, but glad to see you're getting looked after and getting a replacement ;):thumbs:

You're funny >.<
Clearly you're in dire need of glasses. Bad pics totaly butcher otherwise beautiful editions like these.
I perfer no pics than bad ones. U'd be perfect for babysitter as u're here for him so u can buy urself glasses >.<
I don't see why you'd comment with such negativity. Not that everyone is a professional photographer on this forum. Don't like them? Pass over and let him enjoy the fact that he shared his collection with fellow collectors.

Not surprising to me any of the problems mentioned here. Firstly all those childish lenticulars being glued to a case always bothered me, they thicken the case, make its edges sharp, and are sometimes crooked. But that's to be expected from a Chinese bootleg type of production.

received my dl today. mint. the 3d effect of the lenti is really nice. I can see how some people are saying the background is a little blurry, but I think it's meant to be that way. Batman/Batpod and Joker are the main focus and look great. Thanks for GB.

Received my copy today and it’s Fab!

Just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Wreck for organising the Group Buy.

As members of this Forum we are so lucky for all the Group Buy hosts. It’s greatmy appreciated

Reactions: Mararagan