The Dark Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #61) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: 4K + BD + Bonus disc

111.jpg000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Always love it when you disagree with someone and their response to that is that you're a fanatic or a fanboy, like thats the only reason why you could possibly disagree with them :facepalm:
You didn't disagree, you said I had factually wrong information, so much of it, while I'm factually right. So much right.
Angry Tom And Jerry GIF by Boomerang Official

Because it is cheaper and has "more" content it makes it by default better ?

Yes. If talking about equally reputable companies with consistent quality releases, and all the art pretty much used up, all depends on personal preference, but objectively MantaLab should be better value. I already explained that.

How can I know which size i need to buy. I've been having a lot of trouble looking for one.
Probably SCF4 from steelbook central or CiF4 from cinegrail on Ebay. Most of my blufans lenticulars fit in those. I use the hidefninja article listed below for guidance. Really depends on the dimensions of the DL, as won't know until have it in hand. Despite this based on past releases the above cases will probably work. Article is Sleeves/Hard Cases and protection For SteelBooks™

Probably SCF4 from steelbook central or CiF4 from cinegrail on Ebay. Most of my blufans lenticulars fit in those. I use the hidefninja article listed below for guidance. Really depends on the dimensions of the DL, as won't know until have it in hand. Despite this based on past releases the above cases will probably work. Article is Sleeves/Hard Cases and protection For SteelBooks™
I actually like CiF4 ones better than the SCF4 ones as they tend to stand up better on the shelf while the SCF4 aren't as balanced when standing up. I believe both are exactly the same size. Good luck!

Reactions: GroundDigger
It's not that cheaper just a few bucks. Sometimes ML is expensive in total.
I'm just judging by the last ML release I bought, Blade Runner, which was $56 plus $17 shipping later, for a total of $73, which is $30 cheaper. Yeah, I got a SL, DL would be $2-3 more, and shipping to some countries another 3 bucks extra, but that'd still be under $80, kind of my current psychological level price I don't like going over - that's how much I pay for FilmArena's releases, or the max I'm willing to pay for an OOP mediabook, etc.
Sure, for a favorite movie another $20+ is not that much, maybe once, but not all the time for everything. Although with at least a 15% actual inflation, we'll be at that $100 level soon.
Just gotta stop thinking of it as one hundred dollars, as it's not anymore. Longing for the days when 'premium' editions cost $50? Well, subtract 15% inflation for 4 years, and you got it, you're still paying ~$50, like it's 2017:
2021: $100-15%=$85
2020: -15%=$72.25
2019: -15%=$61.41
2018: -15%=$52

Last edited:
I'm just judging by the last ML release I bought, Blade Runner, which was $56 plus $17 shipping later, for a total of $73, which is $30 cheaper. Yeah, I got a SL, DL would be $2-3 more, and shipping to some countries another 3 bucks extra, but that'd still be under $80, kind of my current psychological level price I don't like going over - that's how much I pay for FilmArena's releases, or the max I'm willing to pay for an OOP mediabook, etc.
Sure, for a favorite movie another $20+ is not that much, maybe once, but not all the time for everything. Although with at least a 15% actual inflation, we'll be at that $100 level soon.
Just gotta stop thinking of it as one hundred dollars, as it's not anymore. Longing for the days when 'premium' editions cost $50? Well, subtract 15% inflation for 4 years, and you got it, you're still paying ~$50, like it's 2017:
I’d say it’s a combination of Inflation, shipping costs rising, and 4K adds $5-$10 Blu-ray has been around forever so those discs don’t cost much.
‘I would say shipping is the biggest difference but all 3 together is why you can’t order a Blufans exclusive for $55-$65 and they had storage boxes that weighed nothing no giant One Click Boxsets. They had.very few larger collector editions like Up, your making me sad I’d say we’re paying almost double for Blufans, FAC, zeta, and so on releases.

Last edited:
I’d say it’s a combination of Inflation, shipping costs rising, and 4K adds $5-$10 Blu-ray has been around forever so those discs don’t cost much.
‘I would say shipping is the biggest difference but all 3 together is why you can’t order a Blufans exclusive for $55-$65 and they had storage boxes that weighed nothing no giant One Click Boxsets. They had.very few larger collector editions like Up, your making me sad I’d say we’re paying almost double for Blufans, FAC, zeta, and so on releases.
I remember my first couple of premiums (PA'S Zero Dark Thirty and FAC's John Wick) being somewhere around £35 back in the day..... Those days are looooong gone now. Exactly why my purchasing habits have dissipated in recent years.

I remember my first couple of premiums (PA'S Zero Dark Thirty and FAC's John Wick) being somewhere around £35 back in the day..... Those days are looooong gone now. Exactly why my purchasing habits have dissipated in recent years.
just checked: my first Manta (Revenant WEA) was 53,xx USD shipped and my first FAC (Revenant WWA) was 36,xx EUR shipped.. :LOL:

In case of single edition - yes, but not when you dealing with OC.
And you missed PP fee and GB fee. I think it's 5-10 extra when you buy blufans

I think it's a bit of an apples and oranges thing. Everything has gotten more expensive over the last few years. With Blufans it has been a significant increase over the last months even with Rear Window / Vertigo ($98) to Shawshank $117. That being said, Blufans has BY FAR the best packaging (whereas Manta und Nova tend to use pretty flimsy boxes). They threw in a steel shell for Shawshank as well, always mark the correct value for customs and the item is trackable instantly until the end. I don't know, I don't mind paying a few $$$ extra for peace of mind.

Nobody is forced to buy anything and sometimes it's better not to get a certain item because an even better edition is just around the corner. Not sure I understand these discussions and comparisons. I'd rather talk about scalping again :rofl: