The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Czech]

Such a damn shame for arguably the biggest and best rls of the yr. Should have had a premium glossy finish...so much potential lost in lazy artwork....warner put ur heads down in shame.

Even though the artwork might be the same worldwide, hopefully some countries will get special treatment like glossy finish, bling (bare metal) effect, slipcovers, booklet or postcards within. Totally agree that the effort level is not even worthy of the awesome movie it houses. Fingerprints of Warner Brothers money milking machine all over this one. Sad.

Even though the artwork might be the same worldwide, hopefully some countries will get special treatment like glossy finish, bling (bare metal) effect, slipcovers, booklet or postcards within. Totally agree that the effort level is not even worthy of the awesome movie it houses. Fingerprints of Warner Brothers money milking machine all over this one. Sad.

Korea and TW are the only options for me.

Thanks for the pics Carl.^^^ The steel just isn't worthy of the move IMO. Im really-really hoping one of the countries will get a glossy finish edition with the bling effect on the rain drops. At-least that would be a start in making this steelbook better. Same artwork pretty much on all sides of the steelbook. Lazy. I swear WB does the most re-releases and laziest steel releases of any of the major studio's. Paramount, Universal, Sony, etc. are kicking there ass!

While I like bling and snazzy effects on steelbook covers, I think bling would look forced on the cover. Look at that cover, it has a broken cowl with rain in the back ground. To me that is a gloomy setting. I think the matte finish works well with the setting of that image. Sin City also had a dark rainy background, but it also has a hot Jessica Alba on the cover, so the bling on that works! Hey, at least that's what I think.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
While I like bling and snazzy effects on steelbook covers, I think bling would look forced on the cover. Look at that cover, it has a broken cowl with rain in the back ground. To me that is a gloomy setting. I think the matte finish works well with the setting of that image. Sin City also had a dark rainy background, but it also has a hot Jessica Alba on the cover, so the bling on that works! Hey, at least that's what I think.

You know I can understand that actually. It makes sense what your saying that shiny things on an otherwise gloomy feel artwork would be "out of place". But to me adding some bling effect and glossy finish would show some damn effort on the flip side of things.

IMO Avengers was WAY nicer then this despite many complaining about it... It had embossed cover art with glossy finish mixed in with matte (viva and steel). Nice clean different artwork on the back and again different kick ass artwork on the inside. While simple in design you know someone still put in the time to design it and create it. If you dont like there simplistic approach in there artwork that comes down to a matter of personal preference. But this steel is just farking lazy and a disgrace to the movie it holds inside. Basically its the same artwork on all 3 sides of the steelbook... cropped in on the front, cropped out on the inside and extremely cropped in on the back.

Just cant get on board with this steel but Ill get it to complete the collection. But you know its WB so they will probably release the **** out of this title on steel even with various artworks over the years Im sure so hopefully the next coming will have a little more effort put into it. Of course this is just my opinion and artwork after all is a very subjective matter like movies.

You know I can understand that actually. It makes sense what your saying that shiny things on an otherwise gloomy feel artwork would be "out of place". But to me adding some bling effect and glossy finish would show some damn effort on the flip side of things.

IMO Avengers was WAY nicer then this despite many complaining about it... It had embossed cover art with glossy finish mixed in with matte (viva and steel). Nice clean different artwork on the back and again different kick ass artwork on the inside. While simple in design you know someone still put in the time to design it and create it. If you dont like there simplistic approach in there artwork that comes down to a matter of personal preference. But this steel is just farking lazy and a disgrace to the movie it holds inside. Basically its the same artwork on all 3 sides of the steelbook... cropped in on the front, cropped out on the inside and extremely cropped in on the back.

Just cant get on board with this steel but Ill get it to complete the collection. But you know its WB so they will probably release the **** out of this title on steel even with various artworks over the years Im sure so hopefully the next coming will have a little more effort put into it. Of course this is just my opinion and artwork after all is a very subjective matter like movies.

Maybe it will look better when we are actually holding it in our hands as opposed to a picture. I hear what you are saying. You can't deny it though, I bet you can't wait to get it. I know I can't :naughty:

Well it will sure get a sexcy Slip from Korea or Taiwan ;) thats for sure :hilarious:

Maybe it will look better when we are actually holding it in our hands as opposed to a picture. I hear what you are saying. You can't deny it though, I bet you can't wait to get it. I know I can't :naughty:

You know its funny how that works.... yes hypocrite I am, lol, cant wait to get it regardless. Mostly to watch the movie again!! Its possible it looks better in the flesh. Sometimes certain steelbooks can surprise you when you hold them in hand.