The Darkness II (PS3/XBox 360/PC Steelbook) [Austria/Germany/France]

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
Same release release by 3 countries: France, Austria and Germany.

Both Austrian and France require the need to purchase the game, Amazon.de sells it as a stand alone.

Release Date: 02/07/2012
Price: €9.99/€49.99/€69.99

Austrian Version:

PS3

XBox360

PC

French Version:

Darkness II PC/XBOX 360/PS3

Amazon.de Standalone steelbook:

Darkness II Steelbook

attachment.php

Attachments

• The Darkness 2.jpg
    The Darkness 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 517
  • The Darkness 2 more.jpg
    The Darkness 2 more.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:
So the guns basically are shiny metal right? Kind of like how it is bare metal on the blu-ray steelbook of Faster on his biceps?

Yes, you noticed that too on Faster? That steel is simply brilliant. The guns on this Darkness 2 cover are like that and also like the BB Fast Five cover.

Yes, you noticed that too on Faster? That steel is simply brilliant. The guns on this Darkness 2 cover are like that and also like the BB Fast Five cover.

The nl version of fast five has it too
Much cleaner cover
Faster is just simply awesome
Pick away at them on the cheap

yep, BestBuy Fast Five does that...it's the "bling bling" effect :)

Here are list of others giving that same effect...

Planet of the Ape (french version)
Fast Five (netherland version)
Let The Bullet Fly (china version)
Lord of the Rings (War in the North PS3)
Devil May Cry 4 (USA PS3)
Romeo Juliet (ironpack)
Moulin Rouge (ironpack)

Last edited:

Romeo Juliet (ironpack)
Moulin Rouge (ironpack)

As does:

Battlefield 3 (HMV version)
Homefront (Resist Edition)
Soul Calibur IV
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

And I think a couple of others...i'll have to look at my 80~ G1 video game Steelbooks at home later. :scat:

interesting, my Soul Calibur IV doesn't give that bling effect...hmmmm It's only debossed..but not the bling.

As does:

Battlefield 3 (HMV version)
Homefront (Resist Edition)
Soul Calibur IV
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

And I think a couple of others...i'll have to look at my 80~ G1 video game Steelbooks at home later. :scat:

Romeo Juliet (ironpack)
Moulin Rouge (ironpack)

Check out Final Destination 4 3D (DE) - the skull and rifles!

I guess we are listing two different things here :)

glossy vs. bling effect are different. I was giving a listing of bling effect..not glossy effect :)

The whole Soul Calibur IV has a glossy artwork...no bling effect.

That's really what it is - the debossing effect can be glossy or shiny.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

i'll be more than happy to once you send it to me buddy :D

I hate that movie hehehe.

Check out Final Destination 4 3D (DE) - the skull and rifles!

One of my lights in the room shines towards the spines of my steels on the shelf, just noticed the "II" part of the title has that bling effect in red! :) The more I look at this steel the more badass it gets :scat:

Can't wait to receive my copies. No idea when they'll arrive, the DHL tracking doesn't show any movement :( I'll probably receive the HK release before, even tho I've ordered it a week after these!

I just received this today, pretty impressive use of bling effect. - both guns, the dragon eyeball, AND the the face behind his seat/head. I didn't noticed there was a face behind him until I moved it against the light.

Too bad no internal artwork, but the bling effect and debossed make it a winner. :scat:

testvo.jpg

I just received this today, pretty impressive use of bling effect. - both guns, the dragon eyeball, AND the the face behind his seat/head. I didn't noticed there was a face behind him until I moved it against the light.

Too bad no internal artwork, but the bling effect and debossed make it a winner. :scat:

Got mine today as well! All I have to say is...folks, this is one of the most beautiful video game Steelbooks ever made. Like, ever. Even if you're ONLY a G2 collector or whatever....this is the sort of Steelbook that you just have to own regardless. This is the kind of Steelbook that makes G2 collectors start collecting G1s...it's THAT awesome. In fact, i may get a second copy just for the heck of it! :ohno:

qsRwI.jpg

I literally inspected mine for 5 straight minutes, but Amazon.de had it packed in a box shell (especially made for Steebook cases), then packed in another box...mine was in absolutely perfect condition!!! I put it in a plastic sleeve right away. :scat: