The Darkness II (PS3/XBox 360/PC Steelbook) [Austria/Germany/France]

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
Same release release by 3 countries: France, Austria and Germany.

Both Austrian and France require the need to purchase the game, Amazon.de sells it as a stand alone.

Release Date: 02/07/2012
Price: €9.99/€49.99/€69.99

Austrian Version:

PS3

XBox360

PC

French Version:

Darkness II PC/XBOX 360/PS3

Amazon.de Standalone steelbook:

Darkness II Steelbook

attachment.php

Attachments

• The Darkness 2.jpg
    The Darkness 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 517
  • The Darkness 2 more.jpg
    The Darkness 2 more.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:
The steelbook that amazon are selling as a separate item - do you think it will be sent out shrinkwrapped/sealed? (even with no game inside)

Without some kind of factory sealing it could be vulnerable to scratches etc in the warehouse.

The last empty videogame Steelbook I received from them was shrinkwrapped (Assassin's Creed), so I am hoping for the same for this one. It is hard to say though until we get one in-hand from them.

Reactions: VRob98
I have a feeling the gamesonly version will be g2. All other version g1.

Not so sure mate, I sent Gamesonly a email asking to cancel my order as I found out the steel was G1 ( I dont mind G1 at all but not forking out for a full game to get one :hilarious: ) and they just replied to say its been canceld and will be refunded.

Now either I got someone that that couldn't be bothered to tell me the copy they sell is G2, or they don't actually have G2's ;)

Not so sure mate, I sent Gamesonly a email asking to cancel my order as I found out the steel was G1 ( I dont mind G1 at all but not forking out for a full game to get one :hilarious: ) and they just replied to say its been canceld and will be refunded.

Now either I got someone that that couldn't be bothered to tell me the copy they sell is G2, or they don't actually have G2's ;)

So is there not going to be a G2 steel for this game? I really want to get this art on a G2 steelbook. It looks almost as epic as Deus Ex:HR G2.

:drool::drool::drool: Cannot wait!!!

No inside art, title is debossed, clean back cover with art wrapped from the front, clean title on spine, and his pistols have the bling-bling effect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steelbook-Collector-Metal-The-Darkness-2-Pour-Xbox-360-PS3-ou-PC-Very-RARE-/170779680920?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o_Jeux_de_marchandises&hash=item27c3432098#ht_2152wt_1398

Yup, mine shipped from Amazon.de a couple of days ago as well...2 copies heading my way!!! The art is simply amazing on this Steelbook...like you, i've taken more to the actual Steelbook design and artwork than caring about G1 or G2 size!!!

Also, my sealed copy of the Limited Edition Asia exclusive Darkness II Steelbook was just shipped from a member of a different forum from Singapore, so I can't wait for that one either...it is a much different design and looks equally awesome!!! I will post pics when i receive both variations.

DSC00259.jpg

that's hella good news :scat:

I can't wait to get mine...and all for 10 EUR :D

too bad no inside artwork :(, but again, for 10 EUR price tag and debossed, it's all good :)

:drool::drool::drool: Cannot wait!!!

No inside art, title is debossed, clean back cover with art wrapped from the front, clean title on spine, and his pistols have the bling-bling effect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steelbook-Collector-Metal-The-Darkness-2-Pour-Xbox-360-PS3-ou-PC-Very-RARE-/170779680920?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o_Jeux_de_marchandises&hash=item27c3432098#ht_2152wt_1398

Last edited:
Reactions: ferrari100
Yes, this is what i saw in one of the local shops here.
How limited is the limited ? :D

Also, my sealed copy of the Limited Edition Asia exclusive Darkness II Steelbook was just shipped from a member of a different forum from Singapore, so I can't wait for that one either...it is a much different design and looks equally awesome!!! I will post pics when i receive both variations.

DSC00259.jpg

Reactions: ash333
So it looks like the Amazon.de empty steelbooks don't ship sealed/shrinkwrapped. That's a pity. The guy selling them in the eBay auction says his turned up scratched, so hopefully that's not the case with most people's.

Mine turned up today 100% mint, really well packaged with bubble and box from the guys over amazon. Is a badass looking steel! Them guns really do make it pop even tho they are small.

Would have been a killer steel if G2 :rolleyes:

So the guns basically are shiny metal right? Kind of like how it is bare metal on the blu-ray steelbook of Faster on his biceps?