Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £17.99
Notes: 2 Discs (Disc 1 Theatrical Cut - Region A/B) - Disc 2 Extended Cut - Region B Locked)

02-383961.jpg

91iNqDRzQVL._SL1500_.jpg 11818936-1974595190480339.jpg 11818936-6974595190182151.jpg

The-Eagle-Has-Landed-v1_0629-1500.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.pngThe-Eagle-Has-Landed-v2_0623-1500.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: paulboland
Found this conflicting Amazon review:
"I thought it looked good on blu-ray and it fully satisfied my expectations. Despite stating on the box that this film runs for 131 min. it is in fact the extended edition like my 2 disc dvd running 135 min."

Zavvi steel says, 145 mins approx.

Some bad item descriptions out there floating around...
UK amaray ITV Blu-ray from 2007 is not the extended version it's Theatrical Version (135:24) as is the Scream Factory USA 2013 release
Uncut Extended Version is 145 min and only so far in the 2 disc dvd special edition from Carlton Visual Entertainment released in 2004 and ITV 2 Disc Special edition DVD released in 2007

Carlton 2 disc dvd release from 2004 is 2 discs
Disc 1 is Extended version (145 min) Pal and Disc 2 Theatrical version + extras

2007 ITV DVD
2 Discs
Disc 1 Extended Version
Disc 2 Extras

He purchased the scream factory USA release region A/B not the UK ITV Blu-ray (Region Free)
Scream Factory release is Theatrical Version (135:24)

Steelbook listing of 145 min is likely to be incorrect as I doubt ITV had done a new disc pressing and will be just providing the existing UK Blu-ray that's in the amaray release from 2007

If ITV have done a new HD edition of the 145 min extended version that would be fantastic but I doubt they have

Info on the different version released on DVD
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074452/alternateversions

Last edited:
There is a post on BD site saying this is 2 Discs
Film and Extras disc

Steelbook might be extended cut but this still has to be confirmed as he not tested the discs yet

I won't have delivery until end of this week or next week from amazon so I can't say for sure yet

It just got more info from JP1965 from BD site

Excellent news

2 Discs - Disc 1 Theatrical Cut - Disc 2 Extended Cut
Extras are on Disc 2 with extended cut

Reactions: robbodoc
Anyone had their's posted from Zavvi yet?

nope, no money taken checked online order says awaiting stock expected release today. what a pile of b locks
should have just ordered from anywhere BUT zavvi, this was pre-ordered months ago they should have got this sorted got good mind to cancel and go amazon.

edit cancelled zavvi switched to hmv still have free delivery.
amazon would have been free had been pre-order but today release day so thats gone out the window.
should have just avoided zavvi they dont encourage me to buy from them anymore and with hmv theres purepoints.
hopefully this get shipped from them next day or so.
Thankyou @zavvi you customer cancellations worked nicely about the only thing that does work and run on time:thumbs:
shame cant be said about the rest of the business:rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
Disc 1 – Blu Ray
Theatrical Cut

Disc 2 - Blu Ray
Extended Cut

Extras on Disc 2
Eagle Had Landed: Revisited (Featurette)
Tom Mankiewicz: Looking Back
ATV Today: On Location
Film Night Location Report
On location in Norfolk
Film notes – Split screen demo
Theatrical Trailer
Around the World poster gallery
Archive action photo gallery
Capturing the action photo gallery
On location photo gallery