Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £17.99
Notes: 2 Discs (Disc 1 Theatrical Cut - Region A/B) - Disc 2 Extended Cut - Region B Locked)

02-383961.jpg

91iNqDRzQVL._SL1500_.jpg 11818936-1974595190480339.jpg 11818936-6974595190182151.jpg

The-Eagle-Has-Landed-v1_0629-1500.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.pngThe-Eagle-Has-Landed-v2_0623-1500.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: paulboland
anyone who ordered it could tell me if there is french audio listed on the jcard?
just got mine today lists on back
d1 english mono, aspect 16x9
d2 lpcm stereo, aspect 2.35:1 / 1.33:1 & 1.78:1

right stuck both discs into check and it is as jcard audio english only and english subs on/off and thats you lot.
wonders of 'itv studios' global entertainment :rofl:

hope it helps
basils :thumbs:

just got mine today lists on back
d1 english mono, aspect 16x9
d2 lpcm stereo, aspect 2.35:1 / 1.33:1 & 1.78:1

right stuck both discs into check and it is as jcard audio english only and english subs on/off and thats you lot.
wonders of 'itv studios' global entertainment :rofl:

hope it helps
basils :thumbs:

thanks. will try to check if I can find a cheap french disc

@paulboland i tell you one thing that is wrong on the jcard it lists
extended edition as 194 mins approx (disc2) running time but actually the extended edition its self is 2hrs 25mins which is 145mins
unless they are counting any extras or such like which i didnt look at yet.

basil :thumbs:

@paulboland i tell you one thing that is wrong on the jcard it lists
extended edition as 194 mins approx (disc2) running time but actually the extended edition its self is 2hrs 25mins which is 145mins
unless they are counting any extras or such like which i didnt look at yet.

Most likely yes it's film running time + extras

Strange had no dispatch notice yet from Zavvi and I ordered it the day it was announced.

cancelled mine went to hmv it turned up fine, just looked now at zavvi and there listing as sold out. i would suggest they have not had delivery yet by looks of it.
and i ordered day 1 too.

question has anyone from zavvi had there order delivered yet?

Amazon not yet dispatched my steelbook order for Eagle has Landed and Bugsy Malone
My order has an estimated delivery date as next Thursday

There was a pending transaction on my Visa Debit card done since last Saturday but that pending transaction expired due to not been completed by Amazon
Pending transactions expire if not completed 5 - 6 days after been submitted to bank.

Amazon will do a new charge on my card sometime next week before been dispatched
Delivery only takes 1-2 days when they use an post so my order will likely still be delivered by Thursday if amazon still process my order

Amazon lately though I have noticed are taking lot longer to dispatch some orders and this can cause problem when they end up with no stock left
I had to cancel my Odessa File Blu-ray order due to not been dispatched by amazon and is sold out with Zavvi/Amazon/Hmv so I ordered direct from powerhouse films instead.

If amazon don't dispatch my order for delivery on Thursday I will cancel and order from HMV instead for both steelbooks

I've noticed recently a lot of orders on amazon being delayed quite a bit or simply failing to be dispatched. Not just the UK but other amazon sites as well. At first I thought it was only me but judging from comments on this forum it seems to be happening to a lot of people.

I had to cancel both my Odessa File and Ministry of Fear on Wednesday because they still hadn't been dispatched from amazon, reordered from HMV and got them on Friday morning. As I said in the above post it's been happening a lot to me recently with amazon and I'm with amazon prime.

Reactions: Bengaloo
I had to cancel both my Odessa File and Ministry of Fear on Wednesday because they still hadn't been dispatched from amazon, reordered from HMV and got them on Friday morning. As I said in the above post it's been happening a lot to me recently with amazon and I'm with amazon prime.
With powerhouse films releases Amazon UK been having issues with stock delivery for a while in dispatching some orders late that's separate to issue with other distributors releases they been slow to dispatch recently.

A lot of powerhouse films release also go sold out on Zavvi after release but to show up again at later stage.

Amazon/HMV/Zavvi are sold out of Odessa File but powerhouse films still have stock it's not a limited edition that is listed as out of print yet
I cancelled my amazon uk order and ordered direct from powerhouse instead it works more expensive due to shipping cost but it's a must have release for me

In regards to this steelbook release Zavvi listings for Eagle has landed and Bugsy Malone has vanished from their website and if you click on the purchase links from within the threads they listed as sold out
From what I seen a lot of who ordered from Zavvi not had their orders dispatched for eagle has landed

When it's a trade wide release each retailer are allocated a certain amount of stock and can sell out that allocation quicker than other retailers especially if they ship worldwide but something going on with Zavvi not shipping orders and Amazon slow to dispatch these releases

I wonder has ITV supplied all the eagle has landed and bugsy malone stock yet to Amazon and Zavvi and only reason HMV not sold out yet is they only ship to UK address and have received their allocation.

Some very good points there. Interestingly enough my copy of the Eagle has Landed has not been dispatched from HMV yet. So I'm wondering if I'm going to be missing out on that as I ordered from HMV last Wednesday and still no dispatch notice and one thing HMV always do is give me a dispatch notice on any item

When I first same the announcement I though how cool to have WHERE EAGLES DARE in a steelbook (that iconic music and spectacular-looking locations making up for the longueurs) but then looked again and saw it was this . . . no matter.
Other interesting "Nazis in Britain" films out there including my two favourites WENT THE DAY WELL ? (1942) and IT HAPPENED HERE (1964).

RE: the title - always wondered if it was borrowed from the famous Neil Armstong quote upon the successful landing of the Apollo 11 lunar module - named “Eagle” - in the Sea of Tranquility on the moon on July 20, 1969 when he uttered "The Eagle has landed" . . . some six years before Jack Higgins' book was released in 1975 (more than 50 million copies sold up to 2010) followed by the film a year later.

RE: the design - don't personally see the need for that beaten-up/distressed retro VHS case style look ... whereas it made perfect sense for the PULP FICTION steelbook to look 'distressed'...
1537195481559.png

... replicating the front cover as it does of one of those cheap-as-chips dime pulp fiction books from the '40s.

Swings and roundabouts with this release vs. the 2007 Amaray which had zero extras, if I remember correctly, although again, if I remember correctly, that TC only release had a stereo track even though it wasn't listed on the wraparound data card.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
And as I have said in a previous post The Eagle has landed is just an inferior remake of Went the Day Well?. But still enjoyable. Now that you have mentioned Where Stunt doubles dare. (Aka Where Eagles Dare) I'm surprised there hasn't been a steelbook but I also think the film needs a proper remastering. I just got a dispatch notice from HMV for my The Eagles Has Landed steelbook and still nothing on my amazon order so that one is now cancelled.

Was very surprised to see both the extended and theatrical cut on blu-ray for this edition. And also all the extras. For once a steelbook that wasn't just a rehash of an old pressing with steelbook packaging.