The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Please be careful with this ebay member louieandlel77.

I was scammed by him to do a trade and send him a steelbook expecting him to send as well. I agreed the trade given his ebay rating is 100% and at the end I did not receive anything. He also ignored all my messages.

Looking back I am really stupid... so please be careful with this ebay member.

I was scammed by him to do a trade and send him a steelbook expecting him to send as well. I agreed the trade given his ebay rating is 100% and at the end I did not receive anything. He also ignored all my messages.

Sorry to hear that Blackberry. Did you agree the trade via eBay messaging or is he a member of a forum?

Reactions: blackberry

I got iron man korea of them on ebay cheap/retail and then yesterday i got the play.com 3 disc star trek 11 like new for £19.99, i did think about asking to do a direct sale on another steel they are selling, i dont think i will deal with them outside of ebay after seeing this. Sorry you have been scammed but thanks for letting us know you have saved me from trusting them now. :thumbs:

I need some advice re ebay.

A buyer from Belgium bought 2 steels from me about 2 weeks ago. Now he is saying the steelbooks are dented in transit and showed me a picture of the carton box which is severely damaged.

He wants to send back for replacement but the shipping cost with tracking is very expensive. Who should be paying the return postage? The buyer or me as the seller?

A buyer from Belgium bought 2 steels from me about 2 weeks ago. Now he is saying the steelbooks are dented in transit and showed me a picture of the carton box which is severely damaged.

He wants to send back for replacement but the shipping cost with tracking is very expensive. Who should be paying the return postage? The buyer or me as the seller?

The buyer pays for the return.

In this case I would have thought the seller would pay, and then claim for that plus the original postage and damage from the delivery company.

Apologies I misread the thread of Blackberry.

If the customer wants REPLACEMENT then it would be at the cost of the seller.

This keeps the customer happy and the customer works with you as the above 2 ninjas rightly posted in processing a claim.

Ebay is stacked aginst sellers now, you dont want to risk neg feedback from an unhappy ebayer, it sucks but you should be able to make a claim with the post office for the damaged steels. But your gonna lose money having to post out the replaements i would of thought. Not sure if the post office will refund the original postage as ive never had to try but i think they should so you may be ok and not lose any money.

This seller sully1813 from Romania claims item not received and opened a case nearly a month later without no communication in between. I posted actual shipping package with shipping labels and proof of postage when the case opened (ebay now accepts photos) but was sent standard airmail as the item was less then £10.

Of course ebay sided with the buyer! The seller also has a history of doing this as well as he left straight negative feedback to a seller after a month of item not received!

So you can decide to add him to block list. You can tell sometimes when the buyer is genuine. For this instance, I personal believe the buyer is claiming lost packages here and there when he received them. Added to block list.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sully1813&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

This seller sully1813 from Romania claims item not received and opened a case nearly a month later without no communication in between. I posted actual shipping package with shipping labels and proof of postage when the case opened (ebay now accepts photos) but was sent standard airmail as the item was less then £10.

Of course ebay sided with the buyer! The seller also has a history of doing this as well as he left straight negative feedback to a seller after a month of item not received!

So you can decide to add him to block list. You can tell sometimes when the buyer is genuine. For this instance, I personal believe the buyer is claiming lost packages here and there when he received them. Added to block list.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...2&userid=sully1813&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

Hey Sunny

This buyer did the same with me when I sold him a Gangs of New York lenticular slip cover. The mistake I made was sending it non tracked.

He's already on my block list.

Hey Sunny

This buyer did the same with me when I sold him a Gangs of New York lenticular slip cover. The mistake I made was sending it non tracked.

He's already on my block list.

suspicion confirmed! I've reported him to ebay, please do the same. When there's a trail of these so called claims ebay can eventually ban him.

and another one for the Blocklist: heinzbert2005,starts a shipping Price Discussion after the Auction ended and does not want to pay unless you`ll send it to his conditions-purely waste of time:angry:
really thinking of closing my Ebay Account- too many Id**ts around

Last edited: