The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI I've re-vamped the OP with the following:

Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

David

I need help ninjas!!! I sale on ebay Star trek into the darkness Futureshop but buyer give me bad feedback because thought is dutch steelbook ( same artwork) I never have dutch star trek ; (. He never contact with me just give me negative feedback ( first) :( what I should do now??

I need help ninjas!!! I sale on ebay Star trek into the darkness Futureshop but buyer give me bad feedback because thought is dutch steelbook ( same artwork) I never have dutch star trek ; (. He never contact with me just give me negative feedback ( first) :( what I should do now??

Try and contact the buyer and explain the situation, they can contact ebay and have the negative feedback removed. If that doesn't work, just contact ebay and tell them you think the feedback left was unwarranted, good luck.

Reactions: morfeusz
+1.

Looks we need to do boxing videos to prove that that we sent contact rect item to protect ourselves from false claims.:(

Yeah. But this guy (robjames_123 ) seems have dvd blu ray shop so he should know. He never contact me to resolve problem.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Just amazing here is respond :...in your listing did not mention about dutch import,otherwise would not of brough this,you should of put this in your listing...

dutch import wtf?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I just call ebay and they told me they gonna cancel this feedback in 24 h (sound to easy to be true)

Reactions: MENTAL MAGPIE
Yeah. But this guy (robjames_123 ) seems have dvd blu ray shop so he should know. He never contact me to resolve problem.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Just amazing here is respond :...in your listing did not mention about dutch import,otherwise would not of brough this,you should of put this in your listing...

dutch import wtf?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I just call ebay and they told me they gonna cancel this feedback in 24 h (sound to easy to be true)

will add him to my block list, sounds like an idiot :( why not contact you first before leaving feedback, some people are just so rude. :p

Reactions: morfeusz
This ebay listing is for Iron Man Future Shop

Ebay Link

This is the image below:

$_12.JPG

This is the image uploaded on HDN thread of IM FS lol. For anyone interested, FYI to ensure you make further enquiries with the seller :)

View attachment 4737

HND Link

IM FS on ebay

I asked the seller for actual pics, this is what he wrote:

Hi

I would do but ive packed it up bomb proof to protect it a while ago and didnt want to undo it just to take pictures for this
Sorry

First of all he is "selling it for a friend" and can't combine shipping with his stuff, BUT he has it in hand and pre-packed whether it sells or not....

Not dodgy at all....

This ebay listing is for Iron Man Future Shop

Ebay Link

This is the image below:

$_12.JPG

This is the image uploaded on HDN thread of IM FS lol. For anyone interested, FYI to ensure you make further enquiries with the seller :)

attachment.php

HND Link

I asked the seller for actual pics, this is what he wrote:

Hi

I would do but ive packed it up bomb proof to protect it a while ago and didnt want to undo it just to take pictures for this
Sorry

First of all he is "selling it for a friend" and can't combine shipping with his stuff, BUT he has it in hand and pre-packed whether it sells or not....

Not dodgy at all....

Well firstly he has copied a random picture of Iron Man to put on the ebay listing.

Secondly you need to show real actual pictures for something as expensive as this, I think most would agree? One picture taken of a HDN thread would arouse suspicions.

So I disagree not being dodgy.

dutch import wtf?

Problem solved. Ebay cancel negative feedback :)

Anyone know this seller : hassan-shoudjae2012?
6 months ago i sell Harry Potter futureshop 7.2 , he claim he never received it so i refund him straight away
but now he got this steel up for sale . Coincidence? ?