The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Please beware of this buyer from the USA on eBay:

brandon5k5

I sold him a high value Steelbook and after a month a half after receiving it he opens a return as item damaged (slightly).
I challenged him why it took so long for him to inspect it and and he game me a cock and bull story he was away from his residence.

Another on my block list[emoji35]

LOL....This guy is in the USA...check out the negative feedback!
He wanted to buy 3 steels from me outside of Ebay, but wouldn't send me his name and address.
So far Ive understood he has 3 different names.
I have a very interesting cha

Yes what HAVE I done???

I get this all the time-usually ask the bidder to go through ebay & make an offer-then block them

Most of these bidders own physical shops and want to pay £20 for a steel they can sell on at £40-I can't entertain that...

Got a thing that bugs me!

I won two auction from a US seller, then sent him/her a message if we could wait with payment for 2 days since he/she had another item ending then. Got a reply, no problemo.

Right after that one ended (and I won it) the seller sent me a message to pay for my winnings BUT 4 hours later the seller opened up unpaid cases against me? I don't know if I am being silly but I take it like a threat. Of course this happened during night here in Sweden so I wasn't even awake, but come on do you guys do this at this haste? Of course I paid this morning, the first thing I did....

Poor me, I feel so offended...if the seller would only know that I am an honest ninja! :-(

Reactions: Marco86
Got a thing that bugs me!

I won two auction from a US seller, then sent him/her a message if we could wait with payment for 2 days since he/she had another item ending then. Got a reply, no problemo.

Right after that one ended (and I won it) the seller sent me a message to pay for my winnings BUT 4 hours later the seller opened up unpaid cases against me? I don't know if I am being silly but I take it like a threat. Of course this happened during night here in Sweden so I wasn't even awake, but come on do you guys do this at this haste? Of course I paid this morning, the first thing I did....

Poor me, I feel so offended...if the seller would only know that I am an honest ninja! :-(

3 days is the norm but 4 hours that's just taking it to another level. It could be a possibility where he's set his account up to open a case automatically after certain days when payment hasn't been received. Your first winning item could have triggered that.

Reactions: Hooch
I have asked him about this and i hope you are correct with the automatic case openings.

beware of this buyer from the USA on eBay:

Member ID danielsden.785

I sold him a Steelbook after receiving it he opens a return as item has loose disc and scratched.
Wont show me any pics, replied to me with nasty message lol and left me bad feedback, seen hes bought afew steelbooks from members via Ebay to, so good luck guys hope he dont try this shite with you.

Added to block list :D

beware of this buyer from the USA on eBay:

Member ID danielsden.785

I sold him a Steelbook after receiving it he opens a return as item has loose disc and scratched.
Wont show me any pics, replied to me with nasty message lol and left me bad feedback, seen hes bought afew steelbooks from members via Ebay to, so good luck guys hope he dont try this shite with you.

Added to block list :D

I haven't had any issues with him.

Reactions: justintime2k
Beware of steelbookseller.

Feedbacks for him are all nice, but I won his auction for GotG Nova Tripack and he wouldn't send it. Looks like he also scammed someone else around the same date because he got a negative feedback for that. I couldn't leave one because eBay decided in my favor, so I'm not allowed to rate him anymore.

When I first won the auction, he promptly offered me TDKR Tripack too, to which I refused. After that, never confirmed shipping, next messages were all like 'I'm travelling right now, be back in a couple of days' and 'I have to check if I shipped it with other tons of Steelbooks' and yadda yadda then radio silence. Not a single word. Had to open a refund. And won.

Not sure if he has a profile here, but real name seems to be Hazel M. Rico, from the US.
He did the same to me beware

3 days is the norm but 4 hours that's just taking it to another level. It could be a possibility where he's set his account up to open a case automatically after certain days when payment hasn't been received. Your first winning item could have triggered that.

Just to update...he apologized, because he forgot that we had talked about it some days before, so everything is oki-doki!

Bought a steelbook by a seller from another country. Paid 16,80€ for tracked shipping. Package arrived, stamps were on it with a value of 8,40€. The cardbox was nothing special!
Is it okay to put 100% plus on shipping costs? Or should i open a case on ebay!
rip off imo!

What is your opinion?!

Bought a steelbook by a seller from another country. Paid 16,80€ for tracked shipping. Package arrived, stamps were on it with a value of 8,40€. The cardbox was nothing special!
Is it okay to put 100% plus on shipping costs? Or should i open a case on ebay!
rip off imo!

What is your opinion?!

I would ask the seller for a refund on the differnece and see what they say, if they get iffy I would raise a case then.

Anybody know a buyer on eBay by the username 'daze1984' goes by the name kristian otto' from Germany ???

HAPPY DAYS :woot: :woot: :woot:

A FOLLOW UP COUPON IS COMING
Hello MORE THAN AWESOME EBAY GUY!
We know you were not able to redeem our 20% off coupon on Monday 15th June.
This was due to high demand.
We're sorry for any disappointment caused. We have another 20% off coupon, when you spend £20, coming in July especially for you.
Kind regards,
The eBay Team

Reactions: satanclaus
Has anyone dealt with Talosag from Russia on Ebay? He gave me an acceptable offer on the star trek tri pack gift set but hesitant in accepting since I've never dealt with him before and seems somewhat risky. Not a lot of feedbacks either.

Just wanted to point out that there is now a person on this message board who sells on ebay who is now resealing steelbooks. That opens up a whole can of worms. Cant be trusted. That means he can take a damaged steel and replace the slip with a non damaged one and says its new. That is bs and I would question everything he sells now. Watch out if he has any high priced grails with the slip being the only thing to differentiate it from the rest of the world. Just sayin!!! I think it is bogus that he can claim Brand New when in fact it has been opened.

If it is not in the original factory shrink wrap then it is used and should not be sold as New.
just receive a steelbook from Ebay seller and it looked like as been resealed by someone not a factory sealed.Do you mind let me know the name of Ebay seller that you are talking about.

Beware of german Buyer yogislot and neanderthal2015 didn´t pay the Items they bought. no respond to Mails,nothing :mad:Blacklisted:jacked: :thumbs:

Last edited:
Anybody know the user kimchidvd @ ebay ?
He is using my pictures of the Novamedia John Wick 1 Fullslip without permission..

Anybody know the user kimchidvd @ ebay ?
He is using my pictures of the Novamedia John Wick 1 Fullslip without permission..

I don't think he needs permission as it comes up as a stock photo when listing "got one to sell"

That guy Kimchidvd has been around for years and not a normal kinda guy