The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this eBay seller kimchidvd > Kimchi in Korea?

LOL....This guy is in the USA...check out the negative feedback!
He wanted to buy 3 steels from me outside of Ebay, but wouldn't send me his name and address.
So far Ive understood he has 3 different names.
I have a very interesting cha
That eBay account is run by a ninja on here.... What have they done?? Referring to Dares

Yes what HAVE I done???

Beware of user brucelee7071. Guy bought a steelbook from me and in his claim he states that he saw damage to the steel when it was sealed and he still opened it and then asked for a return, which of course ebay accepted. Classic case of someone having a damaged steel and buying a new one so they can return the damaged one to a poor bastard like me :(

If the steel was damaged why open it?

Beware of user brucelee7071. Guy bought a steelbook from me and in his claim he states that he saw damage to the steel when it was sealed and he still opened it and then asked for a return, which of course ebay accepted. Classic case of someone having a damaged steel and buying a new one so they can return the damaged one to a poor bastard like me :(

If the steel was damaged why open it?

Sorry to hear that mate unfortunately there are some dishonest buyers out there which abuse eBay/paypal for their benefit.

I recently sold the entire Zavvi disney /Pixar collection (39 Steelbooks) to a buyer on eBay and made sure I took pictures and sent it next day delivery. I was dreading he might come back with claim but luckily I received a positive feedback today.

Just add him to your block list mate and all you can do is move on. [emoji106]

Reactions: unam9
Please beware and block the following international buyers:

vicman71
tehlamah

vicman71 purchased a Steelbook and didn't checkout until I opened an unpaid case. He then never contacts me and opens a paypal case, item not received. I check the tracking number and it shows he received the Steelbook. After uploading the tracking details on paypal he then closes the case. The liar then leaves me the following negative feedback '23 days to receive item and bad communication'[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

tehlamah purchased a Steelbook and pm'd me the Steelbook was received totally damaged. I asked him to return the item for a full refund. He requested that I give him discount if he sends pictures. I refused and asked him to return it as I would have to claim off RM for damaged item. He returns it and after refunding him leaves me neutral feedback after a month.[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Last edited:
While it's only my own theory I thought I'd share a recent story with you guys - concerning ebay member pulpmarket. The story in question doesn't concern a steelbook as such, but they do sell them so I think its worth noting for anyone else in future. Should be noted they also have 100% positive feedback - this however does not mean they're not doing anything shady.

So a couple of weeks back I had my eye on an open/like new listed PA DVDPrime Melancholia and I lost out to it in bidding. I asked the seller if for any reason the sale falls through, to let me know as I'd be interested in matching the price the winner would be paying for it. They told me the sale had already went through fine and so that was that.

A few days later I found they had another 2 copies listed - as new and sealed. The asking price was significantly higher as a result and I received a message from the seller asking me how much I was willing to offer. I explained that while I appreciate the collectors who like to keep copies sealed, I prefer to open and enjoy all the contents and as such, my offer really wouldn't be any higher than that of the price his last one sold for. However one copy was set to bidding and the other buy it now, so I told them I'd keep an eye on the bid copy.

The buy it now copy apparently sold and I went in just a little higher than I said I would at the end of the auction - missing out by a mark of $20 to a 0 feedback account. I had a feeling perhaps that the seller was using another account, not satisfied with the final price he was aware I was going to bid with - about $60 lower than his buy it now listing.

So after 3 copies including as he told me his last one being sold I come to find today he now has another listed as a buy it now for $170.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid about the whole thing - typically I don't ever bother engaging with price negotiations on ebay via messages. Though I can't help feel as though the guy is straight up greedy with hoarding so many copies and bumped me out of one by asking straight up what I was looking to pay under the guise of some kind of negotiation. Or it may well be they're sitting on 10 of them and just told me it was their last as a means of trying to push another quick sale.

You guys can be the judge of this story. :hungry:

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Lutzo
Beware of steelbookseller.

Feedbacks for him are all nice, but I won his auction for GotG Nova Tripack and he wouldn't send it. Looks like he also scammed someone else around the same date because he got a negative feedback for that. I couldn't leave one because eBay decided in my favor, so I'm not allowed to rate him anymore.

When I first won the auction, he promptly offered me TDKR Tripack too, to which I refused. After that, never confirmed shipping, next messages were all like 'I'm travelling right now, be back in a couple of days' and 'I have to check if I shipped it with other tons of Steelbooks' and yadda yadda then radio silence. Not a single word. Had to open a refund. And won.

Not sure if he has a profile here, but real name seems to be Hazel M. Rico, from the US.

Just wanted to point out that there is now a person on this message board who sells on ebay who is now resealing steelbooks. That opens up a whole can of worms. Cant be trusted. That means he can take a damaged steel and replace the slip with a non damaged one and says its new. That is bs and I would question everything he sells now. Watch out if he has any high priced grails with the slip being the only thing to differentiate it from the rest of the world. Just sayin!!! I think it is bogus that he can claim Brand New when in fact it has been opened.

If it is not in the original factory shrink wrap then it is used and should not be sold as New.