The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
He is one of the rudest customers Ive ever delt with. He is trying to tell me I package too good and that I should ship in a smaller box because his remailing service charges him too much to re mail to Kuwait. If he leaves me negative feedback I am going to report him to ebay and have them look at the email exchange. He is trying to manipulate the way I do business and he has already taken 28 days and hasnt paid. I decided to cancel his order. If I get negative feedback and it effects my ebay seller status and and my discount then I will be selling all pre-orders as that will be the final straw that makes me take the next step.

Reactions: Marina Blue
musicfilmsgames2014

This seller recently had sought after steels for sale on auction and buy it now totalling up to £700 on eBay.

Any body received any of his steels?

I put in paypal claim today after receiving no tracking number or delivery email. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I have a person on ebay who claimed they got a steelbook and the disc is loose inside. They say they opened it up and wanted to put a message inside for a gift and then is asking for 25% off and its a 3 disc set. They claim it has scratched discs. Offered to have them send back. They wont do it. Only looking for free money.

Will post the person name and user id later if it comes to that. They wont even provide photos.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I have a person on ebay who claimed they got a steelbook and the disc is loose inside. They say they opened it up and wanted to put a message inside for a gift and then is asking for 25% off and its a 3 disc set. They claim it has scratched discs. Offered to have them send back. They wont do it. Only looking for free money.

Will post the person name and user id later if it comes to that. They wont even provide photos.

I asked for photos and they refused to send any. Now they left negative feedback. Everyone block him.

catinctwoods is the ebay user id.

Stephen Furlong
519 Pendleton HL
North Stonington CT 06359-1419

musicfilmsgames2014

This seller recently had sought after steels for sale on auction and buy it now totalling up to £700 on eBay.

Any body received any of his steels?

I put in paypal claim today after receiving no tracking number or delivery email. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

UPDATE:

I received my money back from PayPal however beware of this seller he is a scammer. He claims his brother who owns the account has had a heart attack and in hospital so buyers should be understanding and patient. His feedback within in two weeks has received 6 negative from buyers with same experience.

Wondered if anyone can advise?
Ordered a copy from Ebay (Canada based seller - scott10928nle) they have already sold 41 copies, free shipping to UK worked out at £28.
What is shipping like between Canada and UK? Do I need to ask about putting merchandise and a value below $20 like with Korean shipping?

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place.

Wondered if anyone can advise?
Ordered a copy from Ebay (Canada based seller - scott10928nle) they have already sold 41 copies, free shipping to UK worked out at £28.
What is shipping like between Canada and UK? Do I need to ask about putting merchandise and a value below $20 like with Korean shipping?

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place.
Yeah, ask him for that. I've bought from him before and he's always marked the value at $10 to be sure. Always uses bombproof packaging too.

Reactions: UnderYourSpell
Guys, please help me what should I do.

Someone bought a steelbook and claimed he didn't receive it. PayPal refunded him.
But the day he got his refund, he re-ordered the same steelbook from another eBay account (which I used to list as BIN)...

Don't you think this is suspicious? What if he claims that he ''didn't receive it'' again?

Someone bought a steelbook and claimed he didn't receive it. PayPal refunded him.
But the day he got his refund, he re-ordered the same steelbook from another eBay account (which I used to list as BIN)...

Don't you think this is suspicious? What if he claims that he ''didn't receive it'' again?

Was the item sent recorded ?? If not you don't have much to go on and don't expect eBay/paypal to be understanding.

No, not recorded. Recorded delivery costs 13 GBP (and I can charge up to 4.5 gbp, no more), he bought a steelbook worth 14 GBP or something.
But he re-ordered the same steelbook. What if he claims to not have received it again?

Reactions: PKAVFC

I think him getting a refund and going to buy another one will more support that he did not receive the steelbook. If he did and didn't tell you, then him not buying another copy would be suspect.

For the 2nd copy he has purchased, simply post it tracked. That way you are covered :)

Reactions: gbdragon
No, not recorded. Recorded delivery costs 13 GBP (and I can charge up to 4.5 gbp, no more), he bought a steelbook worth 14 GBP or something.
But he re-ordered the same steelbook. What if he claims to not have received it again?

I think you should just message him and say the item is no longer available/damaged. This is the risk of sending things non tracked. Anything over £7 I post recorded delivery.

Reactions: gbdragon
I think him getting a refund and going to buy another one will more support that he did not receive the steelbook. If he did and didn't tell you, then him not buying another copy would be suspect.

For the 2nd copy he has purchased, simply post it tracked. That way you are covered :)

I only charge 4.5 gbp for shipping, tracked shipping costs 13 GBP.
My steelbook is already the cheapest on ebay. I were to send everything with tracking, I would be better off dumping the steelbooks in garbage can :p.

Rule of thumb I never send any thing untracked regardless of cost unless I'm willing to take a loss if it goes missing.

If you believe he's a bad buyer then block him[emoji106]

I think you should just message him and say the item is no longer available/damaged. This is the risk of sending things non tracked. Anything over £7 I post recorded delivery.

I can only charge up to 4.5 GBP for shipping, that's the problem. If I want to send it with tracked delivery, I either have to add it to the price of steelbook, or I have to pay it out of my own pocket. First case = less buyers (if any at all), second case = I would make more by simply throwing the steelbooks away :p.

I'll guess I'll just add a note to his order or something.

I can only charge up to 4.5 GBP for shipping, that's the problem. If I want to send it with tracked delivery, I either have to add it to the price of steelbook, or I have to pay it out of my own pocket. First case = less buyers (if any at all), second case = I would make more by simply throwing the steelbooks away :p.

I'll guess I'll just add a note to his order or something.

Why not add in your listing actual shipping cost and state wait for invoice before checking out?

Reactions: Thelite13

Could you maybe post the ebay user id (if that is allowed??). I have had some cases with buyers claiming for unreceived items. I usually block these buyers just in case. If you've sent it unrecorded that is a risk, that's why I would only post items below EUR 10 unrecorded, so your loss would be limited to EUR 16.
Like gbdragon said, post clearly in your description that your not sending the items from the UK so postage is not GBP 4.5 and ask them to wait for your invoice.
Regarding that buyer who re-ordered the smae item.... I'd personally end the auction early (if possible) or else contact him whether he is willing to pay for the recorded shipping. If not then cancel the transaction.

Reactions: blurayisnice