The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Edition) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £70.00
Notes: Includes BFI Films Classic Book - The edition is housed in unique, leather-grain slipcase and clamshell packaging

81lB3N2zZxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Vo5becIrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81j4Bx8i3zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71dfIuRNVAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Vxc+GaCuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71RlELXf5rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81gxyElElcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71joOoMyQoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I’ve seen the HQ pics of the bigger version it is a tough decision. Really like the purple box but yeah the regan image is doing it for me just a little bit more.

Maybe I’ll also put in a order for this just in case. But still that’s a lot of money to spend just to see what it’s like
Well ultimate edition sold out haha

Well ultimate edition sold out haha
I managed to get an order in last night straight away so it’s all good

I’ve just put an order in for this too and I’ll decide later. Plus I had £5 off promotion so £65 for the order

Reactions: nekromantik
I guess the black is the fake leather touch o-ring slipcover, that'll end up disappointing everyone, and the purple is the clamshell box.

Also the book might be downsized, like the Ghostbusters set book was, which ended up almost useless, with tiny images and hardly readable sidenote text.
The BFI Classics books are all small sized monographs so there should be no need for it to be shrunken down in any way really….and the Kermode Exorcist one is easily among the best of the line. Well worth the read if you have any interest in the movie at all (though it’s been around for that long that most fans have probably done so already).

The BFI Classics books are all small sized monographs so there should be no need for it to be shrunken down in any way really….and the Kermode Exorcist one is easily among the best of the line. Well worth the read if you have any interest in the movie at all (though it’s been around for that long that most fans have probably done so already).
The BFI Film Classics book hasn't been shrunk. It is the standard sized paperback previously released :)

The outer box features a high-quality leather-grain finish with gold foiling for the text, similar to A24's recent Green Knight Collector's Edition.
A leather slipcase for just the steelbook (more like the Green Knight) would have looked great on the shelf. But it sounds like this will be a much larger slipcase that contains everything.

As others have said, full gloss on the steelbook would have been great. Still a really cool design though overall. :thumbs:

Do we know what is likely to happen with the UK ratings logos?

A leather slipcase for just the steelbook (more like the Green Knight) would have looked great on the shelf. But it sounds like this will be a much larger slipcase that contains everything.

As others have said, full gloss on the steelbook would have been great. Still a really cool design though overall. :thumbs:

Do we know what is likely to happen with the UK ratings logos?
Glad you like the design! Full gloss on this type of very dark design is actually really challenging as it can produce 'stretch marks' on the corners. We're making sure we give it enough depth and richness though!

UK ratings will be on a C-card tipon (top and bottom flaps) so the slipcase remains clean

Hi all, I'm part of the team working on this release.

The outer box features a high-quality leather-grain finish with gold foiling for the text, similar to A24's recent Green Knight Collector's Edition. It gives the box a premium "book" like feel, perfect for The Exorcist!
- The Green Knight: Collector's Edition

The clamshell has a gloss finish with gold spot glossed text and images. The steelbook, premiums and BFI Film Classics book are all housed in the clamshell with an amazing cut-out 'revealing' Mark Kermode's book.

It is exclusive to Amazon UK on a 2,000 limited run.

Looking forward to seeing what people think!
This sounds great. Do you know if it is 5 discs like the Zavvi set?

Does anyone know if this will be 5 discs like the Zavvi set which is minus the book.
Thanks
Ultimate Edition is Trade Wide Release not just Zavvi
Amazon UK/Zavvi/HMV etc (Sold Out at the Moment)

Deluxe Edition is Amazon UK Exclusive (Still Available to pre order
Same SteelBook as Ultimate Edition (5 Discs)

HMV Exclusive SteelBook (Regan Artwork) (Still Available to pre order at the moment) product description lists 40th Anniversary Special features extras so that's also 5 Discs if HMV details correct.

Couldn't you have two 2-disc hubs on each side and an additional one-disc tray (one of these that are attached to the spine) in the middle?

Couldn't you have two 2-disc hubs on each side and an additional one-disc tray (one of these that are attached to the spine) in the middle?
No. That's not a thing. G2 steelbooks cannot have 2 disc hubs on both sides. You're thinking of G1. The trays aren't actually attached to the spines anyway, there's clasps holding them in place on the right, next to the hub. It wouldn't close anyway, not with 2 hubs there. It needs to be a single hub each side to fit.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vega
Don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier. Because I also like the Regan art, I think I’ll keep this super duper edition from Amazon on order and then order the Regan variant steelbook from HMV on top. And cancel the standard special edition (Regan slip) from zavvi.

Got loads of time to decide tho and the HMV steel is out earlier so I can decide once pics emerge after release

If the HMV steel turns out nice and I also keep the amazon version with the OG steel art it works out much cheaper than both slipped version and you don’t get the same steel twice just because of a variant slip!
Plus the steel is wrap around art like the slip which means you can open it up and see the full image better than you can on the slip.

F67F61D2-B7DE-4D4B-9586-5DBE9582CC41.gif

there is a bug ... if we try to preorder the Deluxe Edition for £70 release for October .... when we put the edition in the basket delivery indicate August instead of October !!!

Any try to preorder the Deluxe Edition please ? does anyone got the same issue / bug please ?

Thanks ;)

Reactions: MM3