The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Edition) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £70.00
Notes: Includes BFI Films Classic Book - The edition is housed in unique, leather-grain slipcase and clamshell packaging

81lB3N2zZxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Vo5becIrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81j4Bx8i3zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71dfIuRNVAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Vxc+GaCuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71RlELXf5rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81gxyElElcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71joOoMyQoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are getting confused with the Collector’s edition, which is getting a reprint.

Not sure about that: the Ultimate has a definite release date; they said they don't have a release date yet. They also said their supplier did not deliver 100% of the Deluxe Editions in the past.

I think that's why they are waiting for the second batch, and also why they're not accepting new orders.

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
Not sure about that: the Ultimate has a definite release date; they said they don't have a release date yet. They also said their supplier did not deliver 100% of the Deluxe Editions in the past.

I think that's why they are waiting for the second batch, and also why they're not accepting new orders.
They also 9/10 haven't got a clue what they're talking about. Wait and see, but I wouldn't be overly optimistic about it tbh.

I hope you are right but, as stated by @samdavies, it is best to assume that the Amazon agent has no idea what they are talking about.

My Deluxe Edition never shipped and I contacted Amazon UK customer service again.

This time they had more precise information: they said that the first production batch is no longer available, but that they are waiting for the second production batch, for which they have no expected ship date. Anyway, they say they are sure they will be able to deliver it in the near future.

Yes they are full of it, they don't know jackshit and will say whatever to get you off the support call/chat. I was in the same boat as you, and over the past couple of months contacted Amazon several times, and each time they assured me it will ship and it was stuck in at their shipping dept. Then they changed to it is awaiting stock and it is coming soon.
I just received a email that they cancelled my order due to no stock no further fulfilment from supplier. Amazon f***** up and took more orders than would deliver.

Yes they are full of it, they don't know jackshit and will say whatever to get you off the support call/chat. I was in the same boat as you, and over the past couple of months contacted Amazon several times, and each time they assured me it will ship and it was stuck in at their shipping dept. Then they changed to it is awaiting stock and it is coming soon.
I just received a email that they cancelled my order due to no stock no further fulfilment from supplier. Amazon f***** up and took more orders than would deliver.
This old chestnut don’t get me going I had an order from second batch to even say it was on way and delivered by a certain day this was months ago though. They had not taken money and nothing did arrive, I waited ages in hope it come or still be sent.

And when I went on chat to ask when I received it I said I’m happy to wait as long as I get it. When chat was finished guy had cancelled it on me,
my thoughts at time was thats my chance gone now if they did get more in.
Yes Amazon talk some crap and they really bug me these days.
I currently have an order for 7 titles which was on a deal and 2 sent out next day or so after the other 5 not moved yet and since then one has become not available to order.
Other 4 still available it’s like they are hoping they sell them to others and not send to me.
And this was purchased early on in the deals and still active yet they all are not on the way.
My 2 that got sent say shipped and are charged for the other 5 not charged yet or sent and still has same arrival date as ones already on way.
Why are they so crap these days.

Mine have been cancelled today, after all this time of waiting for it.

Mine was canceled other day as well.
myself also. :( nope, i didn't think they would suddenly fulfill their order this late, but the sheer delay in confirming the obvious still surprised me. :wow:

i know the sales (and glue!) issues of this release are well known :sour:, but the simple truth, as always, should be: if you ain't got it, don't claim to sell it. o_O

Selling Chris Tucker GIF