The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Edition) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £70.00
Notes: Includes BFI Films Classic Book - The edition is housed in unique, leather-grain slipcase and clamshell packaging

81lB3N2zZxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Vo5becIrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81j4Bx8i3zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71dfIuRNVAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Vxc+GaCuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71RlELXf5rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81gxyElElcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71joOoMyQoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone happens to see these pop up on Amazon again let me know had mine order for just over a month.
I even had a date it would arrive which I knew was false as never had payment taken.
My latest was will email when dispatched obviously over the course a couple of times to ask if this be sent soon etc.

Someone posted over here who ordered same time as me he went on chat and had it escalated and was told it was stuck in furfillment centre.
Then in his message will be dispatched in 48 hrs.
I had mine escalated weeks ago nothing come of it.
I thought maybe he is getting his sent and I try the same.
I then get some dude who was very unhelpful and like he hated what he was doing.
Said it be delivered 2024 then said it he would get them to add more stock lol and maybe I get it out sooner.

I just said I can wait as long as it takes just be good to get it in hand as it has been 4 weeks since I ordered and there is still today people getting them.

Are they really limited to 2000 are they making more or was they getting to me at some point as I was not the only still waiting on this.
I also said as long as my order is not canceled all good as I can’t wait as long as it takes.
I go check on my order and they canceled it.
I got a nice bloke after him if only he was the one I talked to first he was on for ages trying to see what he could do.
Chatting with lead supervisor and manager in the end there reason was canceled as my copy got damaged lol.

It’s not as if it was sent yet.

So just a heads up you might get a clown like I did who did not care one bit and ended up canceling my 4 week old order.

The guy I got after him was a very nice guy I could tell he was trying his best but not much he could do.
I said it’s a joke you let people buy more than one of these like some buying 6 or 7 together.
The guy said there was one available now lol I said that’s not amazon it’s a seller it’s a joke to sell bundles to people who profit from these and even let amazon sell others more expensive copies.
He agreed on it all.

I really wanted this but maybe i should have just not asked and left it as is as maybe it would yet come but no chance now.
I heard not from Amazon but elsewhere they was still sending these out and people still getting these recently so this was a kick in the teeth.

I just can’t buy at scalper prices that’s for sure.

If anyone happens to see these pop up on Amazon again let me know had mine order for just over a month.
I even had a date it would arrive which I knew was false as never had payment taken.
My latest was will email when dispatched obviously over the course a couple of times to ask if this be sent soon etc.

Someone posted over here who ordered same time as me he went on chat and had it escalated and was told it was stuck in furfillment centre.
I then get some dude who was very unhelpful and like he hated what he was doing.
Said it be delivered 2024 then said it he would get them to add more stock lol and maybe I get it out sooner.

I just said I can wait as long as it takes just be good to get it in hand as it has been 4 weeks since I ordered and there is still today people getting them.

Are they really limited to 2000 are they making more or was they getting to me at some point as I was not the only still waiting on this.
I also said as long as my order is not canceled all good as I can’t wait as long as it takes.
I got a nice bloke after him if only he was the one I talked to first he was on for ages trying to see what he could do.
Chatting with lead supervisor and manager in the end there reason was canceled as my copy got damaged lol.

So just a heads up you might get a clown like I did who did not care one bit and ended up canceling my 4 week old order.

The guy I got after him was a very nice guy I could tell he was trying his best but not much he could do.
I said it’s a joke you let people buy more than one of these like some buying 6 or 7 together.
The guy said there was one available now lol I said that’s not amazon it’s a seller it’s a joke to sell bundles to people who profit from these and even let amazon sell others more expensive copies.
He agreed on it all.

I really wanted this but maybe i should have just not asked and left it as is as maybe it would yet come but no chance now.
I heard not from Amazon but elsewhere they was still sending these out and people still getting these recently so this was a kick in the teeth.

This really sucks. I’m sorry, i think Amazon didn’t handle this release well.
Regarding Amazon selling multiple copies to one customer, it was always like that, it’s getting old and tiresome to read about it.
If you think about it, Amazon is not only a retailer but also a Marketplace where those same people who bought multiples can resell later at a significantly higher price to customers who can afford it, and Amazon will get a nice cut from each sale. That way they make significantly more money from the same 2000 print run, compared to as if they sold the whole run to 2000 unique customers for the lowest retail price. I know it’s pennies for them when you think about this one release in particular, but at a huge scale they end up making way more money like that. And they’re not a small boutique company who cares about retaining each customer, they’re at the scale where they don’t care. They just want to sell as much stuff as possible, as quickly as possible. And selling 20 copies to one customer, minimizing any potential customer service support, sounds like the best way to achieve their goals.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
This really sucks. I’m sorry, i think Amazon didn’t handle this release well.
Regarding Amazon selling multiple copies to one customer, it was always like that, it’s getting old and tiresome to read about it.
If you think about it, Amazon is not only a retailer but also a Marketplace where those same people who bought multiples can resell later at a significantly higher price to customers who can afford it, and Amazon will get a nice cut from each sale. That way they make significantly more money from the same 2000 print run, compared to as if they sold the whole run to 2000 unique customers for the lowest retail price. I know it’s pennies for them when you think about this one release in particular, but at a huge scale they end up making way more money like that. And they’re not a small boutique company who cares about retaining each customer, they’re at the scale where they don’t care. They just want to sell as much stuff as possible, as quickly as possible. And selling 20 copies to one customer, minimizing any potential customer service support, sounds like the best way to achieve their goals.
I know still **** though and probably the rudest customer service guy I have come across and goes and canceled my order there was hope I still get it but no chance now.

Mine arrived today. Obvious return that came in a regular Amazon envelope and not the custom mailer. Buyer's beware if it does come back in stock.
When did you order yours? Wow maybe they did me a favour canceling my order as I would hate to get someone’s return and more so not in the mailer it was orginally in and just a big start crap envelope was it in bad condition?

He agreed on it all.

I tried to order 2 copies from Amazon and it would not let me. So my guess is that Amazon is not letting people buy more than one, but scalpers have multiple accounts… though I could be wrong. I was able to get one but I ordered as soon as they were announced (August I think) and were supposedly sold out hours after.

I tried to order 2 copies from Amazon and it would not let me. So my guess is that Amazon is not letting people buy more than one, but scalpers have multiple accounts… though I could be wrong. I was able to get one but I ordered as soon as they were announced (August I think) and were supposedly sold out hours after.
the lengths these scalpers go to just to scam ppl is just miserable really lol.. i guess they really need that money

the lengths these scalpers go to just to scam ppl is just miserable really lol.. i guess they really need that money
Yes and I really need the item but I just don’t entertain scalpers prices, I was really slow on this one and missed out probably two reason being away on holiday and not knowing about it and by then was sold out. But had the opportunity to order later but they canceled on me recently.
They should have made more of these not so limited.

Yes and I really need the item but I just don’t entertain scalpers prices, I was really slow on this one and missed out probably two reason being away on holiday and not knowing about it and by then was sold out. But had the opportunity to order later but they canceled on me recently.
They should have made more of these not so limited.
why not get the full slip edition? its equally nice imo

At the original release listing there was no limit on the amount of copies. You could have ordered 30 copies if you wanted and I think Amazon would ship them to you. I think customs wouldn’t be happy about that and would hit you with an import tax though. But it was definitely a possibility.

My Deluxe Edition never shipped and I contacted Amazon UK customer service again.

This time they had more precise information: they said that the first production batch is no longer available, but that they are waiting for the second production batch, for which they have no expected ship date. Anyway, they say they are sure they will be able to deliver it in the near future.

• Wow
Reactions: leelee17
My Deluxe Edition never shipped and I contacted Amazon UK customer service again.

This time they had more precise information: they said that the first production batch is no longer available, but that they are waiting for the second production batch, for which they have no expected ship date. Anyway, they say they are sure they will be able to deliver it in the near future.

I think they are getting confused with the Collector’s edition, which is getting a reprint.