The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Edition) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £70.00
Notes: Includes BFI Films Classic Book - The edition is housed in unique, leather-grain slipcase and clamshell packaging

81lB3N2zZxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Vo5becIrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81j4Bx8i3zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71dfIuRNVAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Vxc+GaCuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71RlELXf5rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81gxyElElcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71joOoMyQoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I not had any playback issues with the discs

Note
4K UHD discs all new releases I always give a clean before first use with a micro fiber cloth
New UHD discs often have a residue that's on the discs that most won't see when inspecting a disc visually and can look clean to the eye
The residue can cause audio or video issues such as audio drop outs ot video to get pixelated or freeze it can vary with some UHD players some get affected worse than others
Panasonic UHD players are often more affected by the residue that's on new UHD discs releases from Warner/Universal/Disney but does happen with other brands of UHD players sometimes

Try giving the disc a clean from center to edge with a dry micro fiber cloth it fixes most times these issues
I never had to wipe any discs :)
Unless they had scratches on haha

Just got mine. Would be interested if there is any way at all in getting off that j-card without any stains whatsoever. I was SUPER careful and took about 10 minutes with it. It doesn't look as bad as some of the other pictures but there are still clear dark spots in the corners. Also one of the cardboard placeholders inside of the purple box got squished a bit and I had to fold it out again so the contents don't shift around. All in all pretty disappointing, especially since obviously a lot of love went into the design of the packaging. The manifacturing spoiled it though. Must be frustrating working as a designer and have your idea kind of ruined like that.

IMG_6043.JPG

Reactions: leelee17 and m4st4
Just got mine. Would be interested if there is any way at all in getting off that j-card without any stains whatsoever. I was SUPER careful and took about 10 minutes with it. It doesn't look as bad as some of the other pictures but there are still clear dark spots in the corners. Also one of the cardboard placeholders inside of the purple box got squished a bit and I had to fold it out again so the contents don't shift around. All in all pretty disappointing, especially since obviously a lot of love went into the design of the packaging. The manifacturing spoiled it though. Must be frustrating working as a designer and have your idea kind of ruined like that.

View attachment 567301
Your's is probably about the best I've seen to be fair, so I'd be thankful it looks as good as it does. You arent very likely to get the stain out of the leather grain, or leather effect I should say.

Reactions: Vega
Cancelled mine too, I'm beyond tired with this thing. Let's face it Amazon, you won't have a delivery date soon.

AMAZON: DECEIVER. hahahaha

Sin título.png

Note
4K UHD discs all new releases I always give a clean before first use with a micro fiber cloth
New UHD discs often have a residue that's on the discs that most won't see when inspecting a disc visually and can look clean to the eye
The residue can cause audio or video issues such as audio drop outs ot video to get pixelated or freeze it can vary with some UHD players some get affected worse than others
Panasonic UHD players are often more affected by the residue that's on new UHD discs releases from Warner/Universal/Disney but does happen with other brands of UHD players sometimes

Try giving the disc a clean from center to edge with a dry micro fiber cloth it fixes most times these issues

Short version - wash discs in washing machine. >.<

Will have mine finally tomnorrow. God forbid it will be damaged!

And today I got the collectors edition and its a beauty! Love it!

View attachment 567301
Looks incredible. The best I've seen! Mine arrives, hopefully, tomorrow. Will report how it looks after I hack & saw through it.

Reactions: Vega
Screenshot_20231108_120529_Gallery.jpg

J-card coughed up a solid amount of green residue (known as the 'ghostbusters goo') after a careful atempt at being the first lucky buyer without any glue stains... Here are the results!

Glue stains: Check, but nothing too worrying, over time I can imagine it slowly fading out.
Numbering: Pretty cool! Just barely made it into lucky 2000.
Overall packaging: Excellent. Feels premium and nice for one of my favorite movies of all time. Happy to finally have it in my sticky hands.

Would recommend another round of hair pulling/teetch clenching/fist swaying, as we collectively hate amazon.uk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231108_121059_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231108_121059_Gallery.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20231108_121056_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231108_121056_Gallery.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20231108_121053_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231108_121053_Gallery.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
View attachment 567409
J-card coughed up a solid amount of green residue (known as the 'ghostbusters goo') after a careful atempt at being the first lucky buyer without any glue stains... Here are the results!

Glue stains: Check, but nothing to worrying, over time I can imagine it slowly fading out.
Numbering: Pretty cool! Just barely made it into lucky 2000.
Overall packaging: Excellent. Feels premium and nice for one of my favorite movies of all time. Happy to finally have it in my sticky hands.

Would recommend another round of hair pulling/teetch clenching/fist swaying, as we collectively hate amazon.uk.
Lol glad to see it arrived safe and sound!

Reactions: m4st4
I'm still waiting, hopefully its delayed because they're fixing the glue issue and making me proper one, I'm not planning on ever opening mine anyway

This release has been so badly logistically executed beginning with the craziness of pre-order links not working properly and ending with them not being able to ship a mere 2000 units on time.

In the end Im very happy, I like the edition overall, unlike others I love the holy bible look, with gold foil title, steelbook is also nice, and some good stuff inside and it weights a ton. And because of amz logistic/payments issues it cost me only €72 total so yeah, all good :smuggrin::coffee::cigar:

Reactions: m4st4
Honestly it has become one of my favorites in the household along with german limited edition of Suspiria and mediabook Terrifier 2. And looks so pretty on the shelf.

Reactions: Hereticz

Note

I ditched my LG 4k player for the Panasonic UB820. The only time I've had issues with freezing/pixellating on the Panasonic is with a couple of faulty discs which played ok once replaced. The LG was a piece of crap compared to the Panasonic and was prone to the aforementioned issues as well as the unit being noisy during playback.
I do clean all new 4k discs with lens wipes and don't have any issues....

Oh, forgot to mention, put in a late order and received it 2 days later. Removed the j-card With no residue left on the slip, so, all in all, a swiftly delivered pristine copy!!
not-really-im-just-kidding-ryan-fluff-bruce.gif

Do we still have members on here from overseas waiting on this my account still says delivered by 4th to 8th nov lol.
Either they have some stock somewhere or they don’t.
One customer services rep said will activate a ticket to get this out asap another rep says it’s out of stock.
So why don’t they just cancel it.

It seems it was random who got it sent or not some from not day one pre orders etc
I was about 3 weeks ago or so when I placed mine.
But it annoys me that Amazon even lets people buy x6.
Yes I know some of you did not like it or returned due to the glue thing etc.

But if they do eventually send one which is not looking like they will and it’s a return they can take it back as I have no interest in a return.

I be as well forget about this edition now surely by now all orders would have been dispatched.
I remember this with a Halloween ultimate set years back was orders and never being send and it never was they canceled on me, and back then all other places was sold out. I’m ever was able to get that set as prices was a joke.
I have the steel of this and the other ultimate edition but would have been nice to have gotten this as well.
Still waiting on mine…

Still waiting on mine…
Same mine was saying out for delivery when it was not even paid for or dispatched lol now say’s it will try and get it out as soon as possible and will email, I just await there cancel order.
A joke to be honest yet they can send handfuls of them to several people. Was really looking forward to this one even though it had some issues

Reactions: HalloweenNightJW