The Exorcist: Believer (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Special Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 8, 2024
Purchase links: Special Edition Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - SteelBook only Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £36.99 (Special Edition) - £29.99 (SteelBook only)
Notes: Special Edition Limited to 2000

T he Exorcist Believer.jpg

Exorcist Believer Front.jpg Exorcist Believer Inside.jpg

Last edited:
'Let's make a sub par, mediocre possession movie and attempt to give it some integrity by passing it off as an addition to the Exorcist franchise'...

This seems to be common practice these days, releasing content and passing it off as remakes, reboots or sequels in an attempt to add weight and integrity to tv programmes and movies...
Examples?

A UK cop film, The Sweeney, with no resemblance whatsoever to the original tv series...
A US Hawaiian based cop series, Hawaii Five O with no resemblance whatsoever to the original tv series..

At best, it's lazy writing, attempting to make something better than it actually is..

I'm just realizing now 'they' hired the same hack to direct this, as Halloween Ends... he should stick to making movies like Your Highness.

I think so
At least Exorcist II has the bonus of watching Richard Burton getting more drunk as the film goes on.

At the beginning he's just had a quick one before turning up on set. By the end, his eyes are glazed over, and he doesn't appear to know where he is.

Honestly, who can blame him

It also features some great sets and a plethora of amazing 70's fashions straight out of some catalogues at the time. I love a pleated flare trouser-suit.

Exorcist III on the other hand is great.

Both are exploitative studio money grabs and truly disrespectful of the original material. The fact that this new stinker is going to form part of a trilogy puts it over the top for me. It’s bad. It’s real bad.
It's the beginning of a supposed trilogy at this point.

I can't really see this one performing well enough to get the following ones green-lit, unless they're cheap to make and market.

I know Universal paid a high price for the IP, but will they want to throw good money after bad? I don't know.

Reactions: Chievera
I'm just realizing now 'they' hired the same hack to direct this, as Halloween Ends... he should stick to making movies like Your Highness.
He directed the whole new Halloween trilogy. Same as this is supposed to be a trilogy. Time will tell ...

He directed the whole new Halloween trilogy. Same as this is supposed to be a trilogy. Time will tell ...
I actually haven't seen any of them yet, just 'believing the [anti]hype' for now.
Maybe I'll like it, I often love movies others despise. :D

I actually haven't seen any of them yet, just 'believing the [anti]hype' for now.
Maybe I'll like it, I often love movies others despise. :D

Sorry for posting this -> :woot: LOL. Anyways. First one had potential. But end up not liking it. Hated the rest.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I enjoyed the Halloween trilogy (even 'Ends') although I'm a sucker for the Myers franchise so am probably guilty of being easily pleased. This new Exorcist trilogy though, after that first trailer dropped I just lost all enthusiasm. I adore the original film and thought part 3 was excellent, Heretic is utter shite and I have a hard time believing this is worse but I ain't paying a cinema fee to find out.

I enjoyed the Halloween trilogy (even 'Ends') although I'm a sucker for the Myers franchise so am probably guilty of being easily pleased. This new Exorcist trilogy though, after that first trailer dropped I just lost all enthusiasm. I adore the original film and thought part 3 was excellent, Heretic is utter shite and I have a hard time believing this is worse but I ain't paying a cinema fee to find out.

Excorsist III book (legion) is excellent. Movie is not that bad. IMO it just did not know which way to go. Both cuts have good things.