The Fifth Element (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #26) [Korea]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: January 29, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - One Click
Price: $34.99
Note: SteelBook is glossed and embossed. Lenti 1300 copies - Full Slip A1 1000 copies - Full Slip A2 300 copies - One Click 200 copies
Group buy: hosted by Kaka1888

1.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg

14501660928292136.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who missed the other steelbook releases I think this is a nice release! Plus you get a nice slip or lenti, what's to hate?
I think it's the Steelbook which is dividing some people. It's different to what you would expect for The Fifth Element. I like the finish but not sure if I like the artwork that much to get it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: StifflersDad
Time to get rid of both my existing steels. Glad I didn't go for that glass Supreme Cinema thingy.
The packaging is very badly thought out (if you try to open it like a book the glue comes off the inside) but the disk with the 4k-based remaster and atmos audio is awesome.
Got it myself a few days back and regret not just getting the standard amaray version of that remaster.

Quite like the lenti but still not feeling the Steelbook after watching that video.
Only thing I was impressed with was the colour of that coat

Reactions: InAFalsetto
:hilarious:

Think I'm the only one that kinda likes the Steelbook :whistle: Impressed that someone can film a worse quality video than mine though :thumbs:

You're not alone. I think this Steelbook kicks the holy hell out of the one everyone here thinks is so great. That one was a totally typical looking Steelbook, this one is unique and reflects a more sophisticated sense of design.

:hilarious:

Think I'm the only one that kinda likes the Steelbook :whistle: Impressed that someone can film a worse quality video than mine though :thumbs:

You're not alone. I think this Steelbook kicks the holy hell out of the one everyone here thinks is so great. That one was a totally typical looking Steelbook, this one is unique and reflects a more sophisticated sense of design.
I also like the sb. It's quite unique.

Yeah just keeping my Zavvi version and putting the slip over it. I just don't get it with some of these steelbook covers. I'm not really into patterns or text like using titles on the cover. Releases like American hustle, Mulholland Drive and a few others. I prefer a steelbook cover that triggers an emotional response. For example, if you look at the slip covers for this release. By simply looking at the artwork on the cover, you get an emotional response from that. But if you look at the steel book cover for this release, there is no emotional response. Its just blank.

I have a feeling, just a feeling this will sell out just as fast :rofl::p

I really like what they have done here and will be adding this to my collection.

Last edited:
Emotional response? I think for the blind this one will give a good emotional response. J/K.

I love this release. I think it will be a fast sellout. Those slips are going to be quality. The steel already looks amazing with the gloss and color.