76.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:
I have only seen the original. Since it is black/white, the cover does not represent anything in the film. It is disingenuous but forgivable to colorize stills of black/white movies for covers,but to use an non-movie image and a color one to boot is not right.

Seems like I'll have to see the remake someday based on the reaction here.

I have only seen the original. Since it is black/white, the cover does not represent anything in the film. It is disingenuous but forgivable to colorize stills of black/white movies for covers,but to use an non-movie image and a color one to boot is not right.

Seems like I'll have to see the remake someday based on the reaction here.

WKRP your quote I have only seen the original. Since it is black/white

You must been watching a different film or was a black and white TV :hilarious:

The Fly 1958 is colour movie not a black/white film
its stars Vincent Price

VincentPriceFly.png

The Fly 1958 is in colour

You must be getting confused with the film Return of the Fly from 1959 that was black and white

The inside art is ok but should have used colour photos as there is some great photos from the film to use

Last edited:
Reactions: WKRP
^
It is in color but I think the print most of the local affiliates always ran was Black and White for some reason and is the way I became used to seeing it as a kid.

Reactions: WKRP
^
It is in color but I think the print most of the local affiliates always ran was Black and White for some reason and is the way I became used to seeing it as a kid.

The Fly 1958 was only shown in colour
Only way you saw it in black & white was on a black & white TV
The Fly 1958 been shown in cinemas was only in colour was never shown in black and white

Note The follow up films Return of the Fly 1959 and Curse of the Fly 1965 were made in black and white
You must be getting the films confused and was watching
The Return of the Fly 1959 or Curse of the Fly 1965

Last edited:
Reactions: Geek Tragedy
The Fly 1958 was only shown in colour
Only way you saw it in black & white was on a black & white TV
The Fly 1958 been shown in cinemas was only in colour was never shown in black and white

Note The follow up films Return of the Fly 1959 and Curse of the Fly 1965 were made in black and white
You must be getting the films confused and was watching
The Return of the Fly 1959 or Curse of the Fly 1965

The original film has definitely been broadcast in the UK in black and white about 20-25 years go, because that's how I saw it. It was not on a black and white TV because we never owned one, and I haven't seen the sequels. It's a pretty memorable film so I'm not about to mix it up with them anyway.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
The original film has definitely been broadcast in the UK in black and white about 20-25 years go, because that's how I saw it. It was not on a black and white TV because we never owned one, and I haven't seen the sequels. It's a pretty memorable film so I'm not about to mix it up with them anyway.

Ditto. I was not going to get into a debate about it but I KNOW I saw the original broadcast on WGN Channel 2 here in Colorado and it was Black and White. We also only owned a color TV.

Am I the only one who looks at that artwork and sees
a womans bum as shes bent over, wearing fishnets and a thong...??

Once its seen, it can never be unseen... :hilarious:

OMG, you should've put that inside spoiler tags! EEK! :D

:hilarious:

Last edited: