The Fog (4K UHD + Blu-ray + CD) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: October 29, 2018 - September 20, 2021 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom UK
Price: £39.99 - £25.99 (Zoom) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)

81s6KqObdIL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they do this for all John Carpenters films

Shame there's not another little cool goody from the film like the sunglasses but the soundtrack makes up for it

• Thanks
Reactions: Mobley
I love this movie! I think I will pick all these Carpenter editions up, hopefully the price does drop a little before release!

Hmmm, France getting the steelbook and we the boxset …
213085_large.jpg
1536319526212.png
1536319373022.png

Not usually a fan of Matt Ferguson - especially his artwork on the US Avengers steelbooks - but here looks OK ...
… and as the man himself says
1536319008525.png

Anyway, both releases looking great w/ artwork fresh as a daisy - especially the boxset - but as far as the artwork goes I'd have preferred the steelbook wraparound designs coming out of the US for this Carpenter group.
Whatever, it's still an embarrassment of riches.

No contest, though, re: the superior UK content over the US content.

A few words on this 4K UHD Studio Canal release …
… taken from the Variety interview (Dave McNary August 7, 2018 6:00AM PT) with Rialto's Director of Sales:-
"New York-based Rialto Pictures will release John Carpenter's horror movie THE FOG on Oct. 26 in its first-ever major restoration, Variety has learned exclusively.
THE FOG which has received a full 4K restoration from Studio Canal, will open for limited runs at the Metrograph in New York, Landmark’s Nuart Theatre in Los Angeles, and the Music Box Theatre in Chicago. Additional screenings will occur during Halloween week throughout the Alamo Drafthouse circuit and other specialty theaters.

THE FOG has been our most requested title for as long as we have handled the StudioCanal library here,” said Eric Di Bernardo, Rialto’s director of sales. “It is Carpenter’s most visually alluring film and we think it’s been worth the wait.”

THE FOG was made for $1 million and grossed $21 million at the box office.

Rialto has also restored Carpenter’s ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, Carol Reed's THE THIRD MAN, Jean Renoir's GRAND ILLUSION,Akira Kurosawa's RAN and Sam Raimi’s EVIL DEAD 2.

Since 2012, Rialto Pictures has been the U.S. theatrical and non-theatrical representative of the Studio Canal library of over 2,000 international titles."

Further details on the 4K scan courtesy Bloody Disgusting + Restoration Trailer and few Screencaps:-
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3514516/first-look-4k-restoration-john-carpenters-fog/

• Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
French steelbook artwork Far Far Superior to this.
Can't Ferguson get up of his ass and produce some different art for the rest of the package instead of the same somewhat boring artwork being repeated on everything.:vomit:

French steelbook artwork Far Far Superior to this.
Can't Ferguson get up of his ass and produce some different art for the rest of the package instead of the same somewhat boring artwork being repeated on everything.:vomit:
Agree. For me the whole package is nowhere near the steelbook design (what we've seen of it so far)

The 4K, BD logos and age ratings are so intrusive also. I'm guessing all this wave are going to be the same.

Can see them all in the 2 for £25 at HMV before too long.

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad