The Fox and the Hound (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #24) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 6th, 2014
Purchase link: The Fox and the Hound LIVE!
Price: £19.99
Notes: Gloss Finish

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

front.jpg

rear.jpg
interior.jpg
exterior.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 403
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have an issue with the DMR code? It accepted the initial code, just not the EAN code from the barcode. Hopefully it's something to do with the fact it's not quite release day yet (although that's never been an issue in the past) will have to wait and see on Monday. Either way, a beautiful steel and a bargain at the £14 I paid for it! :D

Anyone else have an issue with the DMR code? It accepted the initial code, just not the EAN code from the barcode. Hopefully it's something to do with the fact it's not quite release day yet (although that's never been an issue in the past) will have to wait and see on Monday. Either way, a beautiful steel and a bargain at the £14 I paid for it! :D
I was just about to post the same thing... I'm also having trouble with the EAN code. What you said about the release day was my guess too... I'm sure I remember something similar happening with the Mary Poppins steelbook. I suppose we'll just have to try again on Monday. :thumbs:

Reactions: roo
You colour blind? It's turquoise.
:D

Edit: DMR don't work, back art is ever so slightly misaligned, and the slip is a bit too tight.
I'd rather have a slipless mint steelbook than a scratched one. I've taken it out of slip 3 times and already it's showing wear. In the bin it goes.

Not bad for £16.

"I'd rather have a slipless mint steelbook than a scratched one. I've taken it out of slip 3 times and already it's showing wear."

What I always do is once I remove the factory seal I then slip the steelbook into protective plastic sleeve (14mm DVD Case Wrap - 25 microns - 100 sleeves) to protect your steelbook from handling and shelf wear, it then slips back into the cardboard slip. You can order these from www.mirrorproducts.com but I ordered them on E-bay. They are not that expensive either.

Hope this helps.

I was just about to post the same thing... I'm also having trouble with the EAN code. What you said about the release day was my guess too... I'm sure I remember something similar happening with the Mary Poppins steelbook. I suppose we'll just have to try again on Monday. :thumbs:

I've tried this morning and still not working. Just getting the same error. Will have to contact them. Not the first time I've had an issue like this with DMR codes!

Mine came from Zavvi with the whole steelbook bent. Bottom back is majorly dented. I emailed a pic and asked for an exchang and they offered 20 percent off which does me no good. They said since the damage is minimal. I emailed them back since they must be blind. Will they send a replacement or should I give up? I have never seen a company refuse a return like that. Sucks too because I really love the Zavvi steels especially Disney but they have horrible customer service.

Mine came from Zavvi with the whole steelbook bent. Bottom back is majorly dented. I emailed a pic and asked for an exchang and they offered 20 percent off which does me no good. They said since the damage is minimal. I emailed them back since they must be blind. Will they send a replacement or should I give up? I have never seen a company refuse a return like that. Sucks too because I really love the Zavvi steels especially Disney but they have horrible customer service.
Just persevere, don't accept the offered partial refund, and they will send you a replacement :thumbs:

Just persevere, don't accept the offered partial refund, and they will send you a replacement :thumbs:

They always offer a discount first as a cheap route for them. However, if you persevere, they will offer you a replacement if it is still available. I have only ever accepted partial refunds on titles that were sold out (and in both cases they were just slight paint chips anyway, so nothing too bad).

What do you guys think? Is this minimal damage? The entire thing is bent. Look at the bottom left and rigt

Attachments

• 20141004_141505.jpeg
    20141004_141505.jpeg
    839.6 KB · Views: 208
You guys were right. They caved and said they will dispatch one soon. I was more angry that they said the damage was minimal. This isn't a paint chip or scratch

I've tried this morning and still not working. Just getting the same error. Will have to contact them. Not the first time I've had an issue like this with DMR codes!

Has anyone got this to work yet? I'm still getting the same error, so have just emailed the DMR team to see what they have to say. Will probably have to send them photos of the code and j-card

You guys were right. They caved and said they will dispatch one soon. I was more angry that they said the damage was minimal. This isn't a paint chip or scratch

They'll be saying that Moon will be available for £12.99 for one day only next! Oh, they did (on July 28th) - and it's still available at £12.99! :hilarious:

Has anyone got this to work yet? I'm still getting the same error, so have just emailed the DMR team to see what they have to say. Will probably have to send them photos of the code and j-card

I emailed them with my code and the last six digits of the EAN and they added the points manually - was dead easy :thumbs: