Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic

Attachments

• 63304840_500x500_2.jpg
    63304840_500x500_2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited by a moderator:
These are just lazy releases poor artwork & not up to date remastered discs a bit like The recent release House of Flying Daggers Steelbook which I saw in my local HMV Absolutely awful looking cheap & nasty designed Steelbook.

I have ordered the USA signature Remastered
From AmazomUSA has most the extras and better picture
£7.00

I will put it in this Steelbook

What has annoyed me with Fox UK is not including the extras Disc 2
They did include the extras disc for The Longest Day why not do the same with The French Connection

The Steelbook itself is ok looking it's just Fox UK not including the extras that spoil it

Edit We did not get shafted by Fox UK after all
Good News its the Remastered Version confirmed by BigNickUK :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
Posted at the other site:
I have both versions now and as far as I am concerned this is the new remaster.
Gone is the horrible pastel and colour bleed from the first version and also gone is the William Friedkin colour correction feature.
The disc also is dated 2014 and does not have disc 1 printed on it
Get ordering folks :)

What extras are on the Disc
As if it has no extras then ?
If it had introduction from William Friedkin it can't be the remastered disc

If it has all the extras except BBC documatary then it's the remastered version
And be missing the introduction from William Fredkin

If it is the remastered disc then that will be very good news

What extras are on the Disc
As if it has no extras then ?
If it had introduction from William Friedkin it can't be the remastered disc

If it has all the extras except BBC documatary then it's the remastered version
And be missing the introduction from William Fredkin

If it is the remastered disc then that will be very good news

Yep it has tons of extras (Commentary by Wlliam Friedkin, commentary by Gene Hackman and Roy Sheider, Trivia Track, Isolated Score Track, Deleted Scenes, Anatomy of a Chase, Hackman On Doyle, Friedkin and Grosso Remember the Real French Connection, Scene Of The Crime, Cop Jazz: The Music Of Don Ellis, Rogue Cop: The Noir Connection, Making The Connecton: The Untold Stories of The French Connection) and does not have "Disc 1" labelled on it

Thanks BigNickUK :thumbs:
It's confirmed it's the remastered version with same extras as the USA Disc

I just the other day purchased the USA Disc:hilarious:

Good to see we get the best version
The poor Czech get the rubbish version and we get the remastered version

Last edited:
UK - The French Connection

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

0hzMeGv.jpg

tyPcCvX.jpg

MLThjcn.jpg

NB1KPuY.jpg

OVGSTFz.jpg

tLftNmG.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

6QLc0M8.jpg

15m6hea.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

VKPqcPr.jpg

Thanks BigNickUK :thumbs:
It's confirmed it's the remastered version with same extras as the USA Disc

I just the other day purchased the USA Disc:hilarious:

Good to see we get the best version
The poor Czech get the rubbish version and we get the remastered version

Aaargh, fantastic news indeed but like yourself Paul I went ahead and did exactly the same thing.

My U.S. disc and steel are both on the way. Granted it was a cheap import but could have done with shaving a few quid off my debt. Oh well, might give the U.S. copy to my cousin to save me postage fees sending it back. Now, off to find a cheap ass copy of the 2 disc DVD just so I can watch the Poughskeepie shuffle upconverted :hilarious:

Aaargh, fantastic news indeed but like yourself Paul I went ahead and did exactly the same thing.

My U.S. disc and steel are both on the way. Granted it was a cheap import but could have done with shaving a few quid off my debt. Oh well, might give the U.S. copy to my cousin to save me postage fees sending it back. Now, off to find a cheap ass copy of the 2 disc DVD just so I can watch the Poughskeepie shuffle upconverted :hilarious:

The USA Blu-ray release you are importing includes A 25-page booklet about the film with glossy photos and text is tucked inside the case just in case you don't know
I only paid £7.00 for the USA Blu-ray so I will still be keeping it

I love this Film

Last edited:
Reactions: steelbobawny
The USA Blu-ray release you are importing includes A 25-page booklet about the film with glossy photos and text is tucked inside the case just in case you don't know
I only paid £7.00 for the USA Blu-ray so I will still be keeping it

I love this Film

Excellent! I'll be shoving that booklet into the steel then my cousin can have the regular one :hilarious:, he'll never know nor will he care.
Did the same thing with my Natural Born Killers ES exclusive, had already owned the far superior transfer on the U.S. directors cut which has a great booklet so popped that right in along with the disc. Come to think of it I also did another mini custom job with an ok booklet from an old Inception amaray called the cobol job and popped that into my Inception steel (More of a mini comic than informative booklet)

Reactions: paulboland
I wish they were better with getting information about which disc it was, very poor marketing and selling, we had to wait till a member here pointed out which disc it is. I decided to cancel mine as well last week, hopefully there is a price drop again.

It's such a shame that there's no steelbook for the second flick. I was initially a bit wary of watching it as neither Freidkin nor Scheider were involved but I didn't need to be wary as I think it's one of the great movie sequels. It's perhaps not as good as the first film... but I think Gene Hackman is even more Oscar worthy in it. Especially during the middle section of the film where Doyle has to go cold-turkey.