The Goonies (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #11) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £34.99

Goonies Steelbook.jpg

200836511_645631960166993_4438331822459227203_n.jpg Goonies Slipbox.jpg

Last edited:
I like the cover, hope it's not flat matte.

Presumably their new price is £35 though?
Funny thing is, their Bladerunner wasn’t £30 on release; possibly £35 or more I can’t remember but when they settled on £30 I was happy. Maybe they’ll return to that price. Fingers crossed. Full glossy would be really nice on this but they don’t really do glossy do they? Either way I’m getting this one.

Funny thing is, their Bladerunner wasn’t £30 on release; possibly £35 or more I can’t remember but when they settled on £30 I was happy. Maybe they’ll return to that price. Fingers crossed. Full glossy would be really nice on this but they don’t really do glossy do they? Either way I’m getting this one.
Blade Runner was £29.99 (£30) pre order price
Zavvi/WB Shop/Amazon
HMV was (£34.99 when it went live) but was £29.99 by release date

Higher prices was third party sellers

Last edited:
Blade Runner was £29.99 (£30) pre order price
Zavvi/WB Shop/Amazon
HMV was (£34.99 when it went live) but was £29.99 by release date

Thread 'Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]' Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Higher prices was third party sellers
Yes that must have been it. I ordered from hmv so that’s what i recalled. Not looking hopeful on the £30 front then.

Yes that must have been it. I ordered from hmv so that’s what i recalled. Not looking hopeful on the £30 front then.
HMV was £29.99
They increased to £34.99 price after release date when it came back available on their website

Did you order after release date or do a pre order
If you did a pre order HMV should have refunded you the difference or auto reduced the price in your order

guessing the slip will make or break this one. I mean at first glance its cool, but then its still a bit bland when trying to be a representation of the movie. Tho this entire line is a lot like variant comic books etc. not many people buy these to be there ONLY edition of the movie. If all you want is the movie you go a cheaper route, amaray etc. So it would probably sit nice side by side with CM steel, this, and original struzan art steel. The trifecta.

HMV was £29.99
They increased to £34.99 price after release date when it came back available on their website

Did you order after release date or do a pre order
If you did a pre order HMV should have refunded you the difference or auto reduced the price in your order
Pre ordered. To be honest I can’t remember if they refunded difference. Just remember it being more than £30. Just glad to have got one because when I tried to order in store they told me it was sold out. I ordered no problem on their website.

Metallic could look good, or even embossed. But that's not really their approach. At £30 the value with the goodies meant the simpler designs of the SteelBooks didn't bother me, as a whole they can be quite fun versions of films.

At £35, it feels like the value is only *just* there. I know it's only a fiver but there's a lot to collect at times.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
With the slip design meshing with the steelbook design the package looks stunning but please be the regular ToC price of £29.99.