HMV JP - ¥2,235
YesAsia.com - US$31.25

goonjp1.jpg

goonjp2.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of dv8mad:
goonies-jp1.jpg

goonies-jp2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my parcel this morning and as usual HMV Japan is just the best in packaging.:D

A huge sturdy cardboard box with air bubbles inside and multiple layers of bubblewrap around the 4 steels ordered (2 Charlies+2 Goonies) which were themselves shrinkwrapped together! A-MA-ZING! :oohyeah:

For the moment I didn't pay the custom fees because they lost the documents when the parcel was transferred from EMS to Chronopost (their french partner) :hilarious:

By the way I'm quite disappointed by the mate finish but nevermind I still love them :thumbs:

Last edited:
So now not only cant I cancel my order on this yesasia have delayed sending it. Never again.....

For what it's worth I managed to cancel my Yesasia order, though in a less than honest way. I contacted them and asked if I could cancel the order since I thought it might have been made on my card by someone else without my permission (hey, I warned you it wasn't honest...) They sent a standard reply saying that as per their rules they couldn't cancel it.

I figured at least I'd given it a shot. But the next day I received another email stating as per my request my order was now cancelled. No explanation. And sure enough when I logged in and checked, they had cancelled the order.

Not saying it was morally the right thing to do... but ya might want to give it a go...

So now not only cant I cancel my order on this yesasia have delayed sending it. Never again.....

What if you was to login to your account and change your credit card number to a made up number? That way they won't be able charge you and they will cancel it for you. :dunno:

What if you was to login to your account and change your credit card number to a made up number? That way they won't be able charge you and they will cancel it for you. :dunno:

I've already done that by changing the expiry date on my card but because of the delay I have no idea if its worked or not :rolleyes:

I think its pretty bad they won't let you cancel but can't be arsed to make sure they have the stock on release day, I won't be placing any other orders with them that's for sure.

For those who are interested in:

Region Free

Audio:

English 5.1
English DolbyTrueHD
English 2.0
Français 5.1
Español 5.1

Subtitles:

English for hearing impairs
Français
Nederlands
português
Chinese
Korean
Español
Thats strange... I could only choose English subs :/

The colours look incredibly washed out on this. If this gets a UK release like Wreck has suggested, I really hope it gets the Argo/The Town treatment and isn't just a reprinted version of this.

The colours look incredibly washed out on this. If this gets a UK release like Wreck has suggested, I really hope it gets the Argo/The Town treatment and isn't just a reprinted version of this.

its just because its matte thats why it looks like that....personally i like gloss but id always go for matte between the two...

just got mine today!
came in a ****** EMS envelope but it was wrapped in a couple layers of bubble wrap.
Not the best shipping method but it came in perfect shape!
Love this movie!

Subtitles:
Japanese, English

Audio:
English - 5.1ch Dolby True HD
English - 5.1ch Dolby Digital
English - 2.0ch (stereo) Dolby Digital
Japanese - 2.0ch (stereo) Dolby Digital

For those who are interested in:

Region Free

Audio:

English 5.1
English DolbyTrueHD
English 2.0
Français 2.0
Español 2.0

Subtitles:

English for hearing impairs
Français
Nederlands
português
Chinese
Korean
Español

Thats strange... I could only choose English subs :/

Reactions: ash333

I totally agree, not one of the best steelbooks to come out of Japan :(