The Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Media Exclusive #16) [Korea]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: January 31, 2018 (Pre-order January 18 at 10 PM Korea time)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - 1/4 Slip - One-Click
Price: TBA
Notes: Full Slip: 1200 copies - Lenticular Slip: 1200 copies - 1/4 Slip: 700 copies - One-Click: 300 copies

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the 4k print run means this'll probably end up in the end-of-year sale, but I must say, the steel and full slip turned out pretty damn well.

And $47 all-in for a premium WEA release feels like a bit of a bargain these days. :coffee:
If it does it is going to be an instant buy for me!!! Im trying not to blind buy releases but if I watch this and I like it ill probs try and pick one up!

Mine fullslip is already in country :wow::woot: hopefuly it will go quickly through customs and will be here till saturday :oohyeah:

Edit: customs clearance done, tomorrow it´s here, probably fastest Korea delivery so far :cigar::coffee: looking forward to the beauty of a slip and also to rewatch after 7 years.....

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: tanokike
Like this release a lot! Classic Nova fullslip with rough finish with glossy elements, backside is superb, I like the grey colour palette overall. And steelbook, even though Im not a big fan of faces on covers I love this steel. Again nice cold grey-blue colour palette, beautiful full gloss, embossed, NO scratches, minty mint 100% shape steelbook! Plus nice little finishing touch of metallic reflections in Liam´s eyes, this was surprising!

All in all, great release for reasonable and adequate price, happy days.

DSC_2572.jpg

DSC_2575.jpg DSC_2578.jpg DSC_2582.jpg DSC_2583.jpg DSC_2584.jpg DSC_2586.jpg DSC_2592.jpg DSC_2595.jpg DSC_2598.jpg

Got my copy today, too. The full slip is for a friend.

01.jpg 02.jpg

03.jpg
I love how Nova matches the numbers when you buy more than one copy.

The lenticular image is amazing!

04.jpg 05.jpg
06.jpg 07.jpg

Clarity and sharpness in the image are the best I've seen in any lenticular. I never thought the pullover with all the fine details would work so well in a lenti. And the expression in Liam's face is unbelievably clear.
The snow on the back is embossed. Looks a bit too large, but still works great.

08.jpg 09.jpg

Embossing on the spine and the back, once again.

10.jpg

Awesome release by Nova. Both slips are awesome, but even though I usually like full slips better, this time the lenti wins in my opinion. Apart from personal preference, Nova once again shows why they're the best when it comes to slip quality. Can't wait to unbox it!

@Hereticz Where did you get that acrylic stand? Looks great!

Last edited:

View attachment 356668 View attachment 356669

View attachment 356671

View attachment 356672 View attachment 356673
View attachment 356674 View attachment 356675

Clarity and sharpness in the image are the best I've seen in any lenticular. I never thought the pullover with all the fine details would work so well in a lenti. And the expression in Liam's face is unbelievably clear.

View attachment 356676 View attachment 356677

View attachment 356678

Awesome release by Nova. Both slips are awesome, but even though I usually like full slips better, this time the lenti wins in my opinion. Apart from personal preference, Nova once again shows why they're the best when it comes to slip quality. Can't wait to unbox it!

I f*ckin´ knew it that lenti is gonna be awesome no matter how weak it looked in one of earlier videos. Very nice lenti slip really, maybe gonna pick it up later as well, thanks for the pics buddy :thumbs:

Damn, I need this... Not sure I'm patient enough to wait or hope for Xmas sales lol. Both Fullslip and Lenti look great. Undecided which one I prefer now I've seen some pics. Thanks @Hereticz @CleverLoginName for the helpful nudge ;):thumbs:

I'm in the same boat!!:rofl:

Go for it guys, like I said the price is very adequate for what you get! Both slips and steelbook are perfect and don´t forget nice quality booklet as well. Btw just watched the movie again and I like it more than first time, it´s great! Btw I forgot how superb PQ it has, great contrast, lot of detailes and beautiful grain!

I dont think these will last til next Christmas. From the looks of this it could be a contender of the year for best steelbook or slip.

Well there's one thing that's for dam sure. Nobody else needs to even think about doing another release for this film.

Novamedia CRUSHED it with this steelbook and these slips. Super nice box too. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I f*ckin´ knew it that lenti is gonna be awesome no matter how weak it looked in one of earlier videos. Very nice lenti slip really, maybe gonna pick it up later as well, thanks for the pics buddy :thumbs:

Go for it guys, like I said the price is very adequate for what you get! Both slips and steelbook are perfect and don´t forget nice quality booklet as well. Btw just watched the movie again and I like it more than first time, it´s great! Btw I forgot how superb PQ it has, great contrast, lot of detailes and beautiful grain!
Noooooo dont say things like that! I am supposed to be saving....:whistle::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Like this release a lot! Classic Nova fullslip with rough finish with glossy elements, backside is superb, I like the grey colour palette overall. And steelbook, even though Im not a big fan of faces on covers I love this steel. Again nice cold grey-blue colour palette, beautiful full gloss, embossed, NO scratches, minty mint 100% shape steelbook! Plus nice little finishing touch of metallic reflections in Liam´s eyes, this was surprising!

All in all, great release for reasonable and adequate price, happy days.

View attachment 356633

View attachment 356668 View attachment 356669

View attachment 356671

View attachment 356672 View attachment 356673
View attachment 356674 View attachment 356675

View attachment 356676 View attachment 356677

View attachment 356678

Thank you both for the photos. Looks like it turned out really nice! Glad I ordered one now. :)