USA
Release Date: May 27th, 2012
Note: No inside art

Buy here

Thanks Che!

hangover bb.jpg

HO-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i would have got this, but no inside artworkm means no buy. i will stick with the nice US amaray with slipcase.
why bother with half a job on these steels?
mind you, plenty of collectors keep them sealed right? so inside artwork makes no difference if you never unseal it.
personally, i open and watch, and enjoy all of the steelbook. so inside artwork for me makes it worth buying.
maybeif they drop below £10 on ebay i may bite.
UK universal wave wins this battle hands down for me.

I have this one on order, going to add some inner artwork when it arrives. Now just have to figure out what art to put in there. Thinking the shot of the guys in the elevator

So i drove down from Canada this afternoon and grabbed myself a copy of this... got home, and I noticed on the back (On the cardboard overlay) something very interesting:

Here is a Pic:

Do you see what i see?
hangoversteelback-e1338013567928.jpg

Thats a Canadian Rating logo. Now can my American friends help me out with this? Do you often have the CAN rating on your blurays? I personally have never seen it on any US Blurays before...

Maybe I'm wrong, but could this mean we might be seeing this up north as well?

So i drove down from Canada this afternoon and grabbed myself a copy of this... got home, and I noticed on the back (On the cardboard overlay) something very interesting:

Here is a Pic:

Do you see what i see?
hangoversteelback-e1338013567928.jpg

Thats a Canadian Rating logo. Now can my American friends help me out with this? Do you often have the CAN rating on your blurays? I personally have never seen it on any US Blurays before...

Maybe I'm wrong, but could this mean we might be seeing this up north as well?

Wow, besides being super talented artistically, you have a great eye for details as well. In a quick glance, this same rating logo is on Inception, V for Vendetta and both Batman steelbooks. I will venture to say that these J-cards are left overs from previous runs elsewhere or the same template was used to re-print them for this run.

i can confirm that some US releases do have canadian ratings too, maybe where the studio has rights in both countries (warners being such a company) for example, i have jusy picked up the US angels and demons amaray with slipcase. it says printed in USA, no bilingual text anywhere.
on the back it has the canadian rating too. now i may be wrong, but i dont think canada had a fat case 4 disc release with slipcase, so it wasnt just the same run for both countires.

i dont have many US steels, so i cant compare those, but it certainly isnt a precident.

is the colour on this one kind of washed out in comparison to the Hangover II steel or is it just my eyes?

Really like the baby cover and back art but I have the 1st edition DE steel and Im not sure if I should even bother.

Poor and amateurish photography skills on my part. The angle of the steelbooks and lighting was just not appropriate for a clear shot. This one is better (scanned) :scat:

Scanned Image-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the one to have out of the wave considering it has unique art. I'm thinking of passing on all of them except this one.

Reactions: ash333
i think i'll pass on this one just because i love my German one and double dip on this one is not justifiable, believe me it was a hard decision, but it's final,,,

Wow, besides being super talented artistically, you have a great eye for details as well. In a quick glance, this same rating logo is on Inception, V for Vendetta and both Batman steelbooks. I will venture to say that these J-cards are left overs from previous runs elsewhere or the same template was used to re-print them for this run.

Haha, Thanks Ash! You are probably right.

i can confirm that some US releases do have canadian ratings too, maybe where the studio has rights in both countries (warners being such a company) for example, i have jusy picked up the US angels and demons amaray with slipcase. it says printed in USA, no bilingual text anywhere. on the back it has the canadian rating too.

Good to know. Thanks for looking at up... Me and my crazy canadian conclusions.

Now that I saw the steel in hand,it doesn't convince me at all,I was thinking on replace my German one but not anymore. Believe it or not I put it back on the shelve n left the store....with a guilty feeling. Lol

Now that I saw the steel in hand,it doesn't convince me at all,I was thinking on replace my German one but not anymore. Believe it or not I put it back on the shelve n left the store....with a guilty feeling. Lol

No I would not replace my German steelbook. This is different but not better than the German release. Don't feel guilty you did the right thing. ;)