Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tag @Mickle_89 :thumbs: Love the artwork on this but I"m not sure about that heavy border on the front. I kind of wish the image went to the edges like the back. :dunno:
The border, rather than being plain white, is a speckled grey colour and is like a continuation of the snow effect on the back art. It looks really nice close up, and I guess it was intentional that they have this overall snow effect to it without worrying about where one art ends and the other begins. It might not be to everyone's taste but I love the fact that it is like a framed poster.

Thanks all for good photos of what is in reality a pretty average-looking steelbook - the spine in particular - and certainly nothing here to get excited about.
Whilst the feeling is that the matte finish may suit the mood and period look of the artwork my personal feeling is that the finish does the artwork no favours and should have been different.
DULL, DULL, DULL !
May pick this up when/if it hits GBP 12.99.

On a less serious note - much prefer the FANTASTIC 4 steelbook pictured above (my copy of which just received from Xtra-vision.UK).

2 crappy dents on the back of mine in the form of lines approx 1 inch long.......
Luckily managed to dismantle and rub them out so now it looks good as new. Definitely sent out like it as no other signs of damage to packaging or j-card.
Nice steelbook though, so pleased with this release......
Mine had a dent on the back too :( will try doing the same as you and hopefully it will rub out. Other than that it's a nice looking steelbook

I think this edition is a wasted opportunity and the American version wipes the floor with it in every way (glad I have it).

Very disappointed :(

Couldn't agree more with you mate. I never saw what people liked about this steelbook. Everyone saying it's the best artwork? I'm not sure, and now the cheap looking finish (I hate those 'shimmery' matte jobs that turn the image silver when you move it in the light anyway)

Personally I think the U.S. release blows this one away. The inside art alone on that one is worth the purchase........

I can't wait to pick mine up in store on monday. I'm glad that the steelbook looks good, I was a bit worried that it would look a bit poor in hand, like the previous Entertainment In Video steelbooks have been.

Just got confirmation that its with Parcel Motel in Dublin, might possibly have it by tomorrow morning, if not it'll be Monday. Looking forward to getting this one!

Don't h8 it but neither do I r8 it and wouldn't have minded the grey on the three opening edges, around the spine section and around the edge of the framing border as seen on the mock-up to break up all that white.
Certainly nothing wrong with the artwork, and it's the best image available for this title anywhere (IMO), but it's not a gr8 steelbook when compared to some of QT's other U.K. steels such as:- PULP FICTION, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, RESERVOIR DOGS (Mondo X), DJANGO UNCHAINED, SIN CITY, GRINDHOUSE or even MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS - maybe the only one without a spine title that actually looks better without one.

Admittedly other QT steels are way down on my list of preferred steelbooks and not a fan of TRUE ROMANCE, NATURAL BORN KILLERS, THE ROCK, JACKIE BROWN, RESERVOIR DOGS . . .
Waiting for a steelbook for this one
7730_large.jpg
with embossed title and motif (as on the slipcover).

EDIT 7/5/16 (9.40PM)
Thank you @Sigill, see what you mean with both the German and French editions defaced . . .

7114_large.jpg

Still, it's quite nice, though would have preferred just the central section and none of the other print or the Blu-ray logo on the front.

Last edited:
Don't h8 it but neither do I r8 it and wouldn't have minded the grey on the three opening edges, around the spine section and around the edge of the framing border as seen on the mock-up to break up all that white.
Certainly nothing wrong with the artwork, and it's the best image available for this title anywhere (IMO), but it's not a gr8 steelbook when compared to some of QT's other U.K. steels such as:- PULP FICTION, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, RESERVOIR DOGS (Mondo X), DJANGO UNCHAINED, SIN CITY, GRINDHOUSE or even MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS - maybe the only one without a spine title that actually looks better without one.
Admittedly other QT steels are way down on my list of preferred steelbooks and not a fan of TRUE ROMANCE, NATURAL BORN KILLERS, THE ROCK, JACKIE BROWN, RESERVOIR DOGS . . .
Waiting for a steelbook for this one
7730_large.jpg
with embossed title and motif (as on the slipcover).
The German version has the same art with embossed title but doesn't have the motif.

Reactions: virkia
Just got confirmation that its with Parcel Motel in Dublin, might possibly have it by tomorrow morning, if not it'll be Monday. Looking forward to getting this one!
Parcel Motel don't deliver on weekends. Do they? I've never had it anyway. They shut down Fri evening for the weekend. Like everything else in poxy Ireland!

Parcel Motel don't deliver on weekends. Do they? I've never had it anyway. They shut down Fri evening for the weekend. Like everything else in poxy Ireland!

I've had one or two deliveries on a Saturday before but not Sunday. I thought maybe they'd be able to deliver by tonight but its doubtful now, so I'd say it'll be Monday. Still think its bonkers we get no post on Saturdays. And then if its a bank holiday weekend, you're waiting from Friday to Tuesday, maybe Wednesday.

I've had one or two deliveries on a Saturday before but not Sunday. I thought maybe they'd be able to deliver by tonight but its doubtful now, so I'd say it'll be Monday. Still think its bonkers we get no post on Saturdays. And then if its a bank holiday weekend, you're waiting from Friday to Tuesday, maybe Wednesday.
I know, it's a joke :(