The Hateful Eight OST by Ennio Morricone (2LP & Limited Edition 7" Boxset) [ThirdMan Records]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK

Third Man Records presents our limited edition component to the much celebrated (and Golden Globe awarded) Hateful Eight soundtrack, featuring original scoring by Ennio Morricone. Produced in a limited number of 500, and featuring many hand-made and hand-assembled elements, this is one for Third Man and Quentin Tarantino fans alike.

The included LP is two 180-gram LPs w/ all the posters and booklet from the standard edition, but with a different cover featuring our man QT hard at work on the inside fold out... The 18 gauge galvanized steel 7" box features real bullet holes and a laser etched Hateful Eight logo. The box itself contains the score and soundtrack as a 7" set (on blood red vinyl w/ black streaks) inside 8 separate sleeves featuring all members of the Hateful Eight from the film, as well as a metal noose pin and a replica of the film's famed "Lincoln Letter."

We'll have editions for sale in-store only (no online sales) in both our Nashville and Detroit stores on January 25th.

LP:
• 2 180-gram LPs
• Trifold jacket with cover variant (soft touch finish)
• 60” x 12” poster
• 36” x 12” poster
• 12-page booklet insert

BOX:
• 18 gauge galvanized steel box with real bullet holes & laser etched logo
• 8 7” records (blood red with black streaks) in Hateful Eight character sleeves (soft touch finish + spot varnish on blood)
• Metal noose pin in custom stamped and blood-spattered box
• Hidden Lincoln Letter replica

1.jpg

@Wreck ;)

When you're not able to pick up the Boxset, please do yourself a favor and pick up the regular LP from ThirdMan Records !!!

I'm pretty mindblown right now :OMG::OMG::OMG:

That soft touch finish on the LP is ridiculous nice, those blood splashes are spot gloss, trifold jacket, booklet and two big ass posters :wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

Front
image.png

Back
image.png

Trifold half open
image.png

Trifold fully open
image.png

Booklet
image.png

BIG ass poster 1
image.png

INSANE BIG poster 2
image.png
Just received mine in the mail and damn, you weren't kidding dude... this thing is gorgeous! I love the texture of the card they've used... it has an almost rubbery feel to it. Not very often you see a trifold jacket for records either, so that alone makes it quite special. It's easily one of the best vinyl editions I own. :D

Reactions: dan8885
Just received mine in the mail and damn, you weren't kidding dude... this thing is gorgeous! I love the texture of the card they've used... it has an almost rubbery feel to it. Not very often you see a trifold jacket for records either, so that alone makes it quite special. It's easily one of the best vinyl editions I own. :D

Congrats buddy :thumbs: It is a mind-blowing release and I don't miss this expensive boxset one second. It couldn't be any better done. Jack White did great with this release :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Reactions: Noodles
Congrats buddy :thumbs: It is a mind-blowing release and I don't miss this expensive boxset one second. It couldn't be any better done. Jack White did great with this release :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
He certainly did! He's the master when it comes to this sort of stuff. :)

He certainly did! He's the master when it comes to this sort of stuff. :)

Could you recommend any other previous vinyl from Third Man Records? Not the music, I mean packaging/finish wise. I never really recognized stuff from them before HF8 ..

Could you recommend any other previous vinyl from Third Man Records? Not the music, I mean packaging/finish wise. I never really recognized stuff from them before HF8 ..
Packaging wise, I can't think of any, as I don't really follow their releases. Jack White's very own album Lazaretto (the vinyl itself) is pretty special though... the Ultra LP (which also has that smooth, rubbery texture on the sleeve) is full of surprises! You can see all of its cool features here. :)

• Helpful Post
Packaging wise, I can't think of any, as I don't really follow their releases. Jack White's very own album Lazaretto (the vinyl itself) is pretty special though... the Ultra LP (which also has that smooth, rubbery texture on the sleeve) is full of surprises! You can see all of its cool features here. :)

Watched the video on Third Man and WOW what an effort went into this record. I didn't even know all this things would even exist or work with a vinyl. I need to pick this one up without knowing how the music is :D
Just for the tricks and treats. Thanks a bunch for the tip :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles
Watched the video on Third Man and WOW what an effort went into this record. I didn't even know all this things would even exist or work with a vinyl. I need to pick this one up without knowing how the music is :D
Just for the tricks and treats. Thanks a bunch for the tip :thumbs:
Ah, I forgot there was a video... that's what sold me on it in the first place lol. Thankfully I'm a fan of White's music, so I would've bought the album either way. But it really is a pretty special release, and I recommend it to any vinyl collector. Enjoy dude! ;)

• Helpful Post
The box set should be available in the vault section of the TMR online shop for $250 + shipping. You must have a subscription to get on that site. Maybe someone with a subscription can confirm this because i don't have one any more.