The Hills Have Eyes (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 21, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order May 13 @ 6PM UK time)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

31490964_1927412293959422_7831632569425723392_n.jpg

Last edited:
Got an email yesterday from Zavvi saying only 200 remaining.......sells out about 30 mins later........comes back in stock a while after that and currently remains in stock.

I smell BS!

Arrived today and v. nice it is too.
Arrow - along with Studio Ghibli, Disney animated, DC & Marvel - being the only steelbooks I'm prepared to pay pre-order prices for (w/ notable exceptions) ... although admittedly since 2016 tended to be a bit of a bottom-feeder and have bought the vast majority of my steelbooks on price reductions.

Last edited:
Arrived today and v. nice it is too.
Arrow - along with Studio Ghibli, Disney animated, DC & Marvel - being the only steelbooks I'm prepared to pay pre-order prices for (w/ notable exceptions) ... although admittedly since 2016 tended to be a bit of a bottom-feeder and have bought the vast majority of my steelbooks on price reductions.
What's the inside art like?.......if you've opened it?

From the pictures it has a metallic shine. Gone are the times when Arrow Steelbooks had a nice mat finish with great colours.

From the pictures it has a metallic shine. Gone are the times when Arrow Steelbooks had a nice mat finish with great colours.
I got mine yesterday, and haven't had time to pop it open yet, but i think you might be right - as regards to the metallic sheen. BUT it looks really good, IMO. Nice colours, good artwork - TBH, i personally i think it's one of Arrows best steelbooks of late.

Reactions: hal9000b
Hope so. But i think older Arrow Steelbooks were much better. For example The Beyond. It has a nice finish with great colors. The last ones, Hellraiser, Donnie Darko and some others are too metallic. But thats my taste.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
Hope so. But i think older Arrow Steelbooks were much better. For example The Beyond. It has a nice finish with great colors. The last ones, Hellraiser, Donnie Darko and some others are too metallic. But thats my taste.
Yeah, for sure The Beyond is one of my Arrow all time best - that, along with Zombie Flesheaters, and City of the Living Dead........those 3 are my faves from arrow. Again, the artwork on those, and the colours.........great steelbooks! But this Hills have eyes steelbook.......it's a gooden!

Reactions: hal9000b
That’s what I was talking about. Arrow made once quality Steelbooks. But the last ones weren’t so good. I like the movies but if it has to be always a Steelbook? I’m on the fence to buy the boxes or a simple Amaray from now on. That were once blind buys but I have the feeling that the time is gone.

Artwork just fine w/ added bonus that its colour goes well with the colour of the ltd. ed. boxset ... steelbook will slip nice and snug into the sturdy no nonsense slipcase alongside the thick collector's booklet and double-sided poster.
upload_2018-5-18_23-32-38.png

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc