The Hindenburg (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #4) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: October 26, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 1500 copies.
Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant stye of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.

43fedb79-075a-4b35-a5aa-ac92373e7afd.jpg

bdd48182-7485-4fde-a0d8-c887b40b840c.jpg
25c24487-9f7f-4d64-8181-88fe2c0e6da0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if we can get The Hindenburg on steelbook, I guess we may get Darkman, The Frighteners, Flipper, Car Wash, The Deer Hunter, On Golden Pond, Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, The Last Starfighter, Uncle Buck. No idea if any of them have the Japanese poster twist :D

Love the art . . . the film is a typical 1970s yawn with all the best disaster movies from the 1970s coming from other studios.

Would have liked to see this inside:-
1598312725796.png

Never seen the film, so what's so bad about it? Trailer makes it look pretty interesting to me... not that trailers are a very good way to properly judge a film, but still.

Never seen the film, so what's so bad about it? Trailer makes it look pretty interesting to me... not that trailers are a very good way to properly judge a film, but still.
It's a very good looking film with some really nice practical effects, but the story and the characters are completely 1 dimensional and generic and it reaches itself way too thin. It's not a bad film at all, it's just very average and a pretty generic disaster movie.

It's a very good looking film with some really nice practical effects, but the story and the characters are completely 1 dimensional and generic and it reaches itself way too thin. It's not a bad film at all, it's just very average and a pretty generic disaster movie.
Hmm guess I'll pass unless there's an eventual price drop then. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: MrSquifler
I consider myself lucky not getting any of these.
Are you really planning on getting #1, #2 and #3 but skipping #4?
My OCD would never allow me to do that ahahah!!!
Image looking at the shelf: 1, 2, 3, 5... Argh, this would just kill me! ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Only one I'm getting so far is Duel. Doesn't look like there's any actual numbering on the steels anyway, so all good! I'd feel the same if there was and my OCD also wouldn't allow it lol.

i buy steelbooks for the films and maybe overall package in some cases not the numbers. side on who sees a number anyway!
if i order any of he HMV Japanese line it will be because i like the film and steelbook art no other reason.any other way madness lies!

Im not sure my OCD could cope with the title in Japanese on the spine. Where would it go in alphabetical order? Would it go at the start or at the end? Why is life so hard??? lol.

Not getting it anyway, but it made me look the film up on IMDB. sounded intriguing but guess as many of you have seen it and its not good, that answers that. Funny how its not being released on standard blu ray elsewhere ATM.

Reactions: Noodles