The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Ext. Ed.) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Target Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release Date: November 4th, 2014
Purchase Link: In-store only
Price:$32.99

hobbit.jpg

!00.png

Last edited:
This week flyer:
Image2.jpg

Unfortunately, even if I much prefer the Future Shop cover with Smaug, that's the edition I'll get since it doesn't have the useless 3D (10$ cheaper too) and it will match FS first edition (slim)

Last edited:
Four different prices @_@ $32.99 for the Extended Steelbook? Seems a little steep for a US release.
1st: this is for the Canadian edition ;) US is $29.99

2nd: prices
24.99$ for DVD
26.99$ for BD
32.99$ for the steelbook
39.99$ for 3D BD

3rd: Future Shop will be more expensive since it's 3D+2D BD Steelbook... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz
I got up early and drove to the Target next to my work and spent 45 minutes waiting for them to say that they haven't gotten them yet. Now I've driven home empty handed, with 2 hours less sleep and get to go right back to work in an hour. Yay!

Was it $22.99?
Just came back from Target, its $32.99. And about 8-9 in stock. I don't think they made a lot these. I still didn't buy it because holding it in hand, the quality is just average. So unless you prefer this artwork and want a non-jumbo steel, I don't see any other reason for you to buy this. :dunno:

Reactions: nexor
The finish ain't gloss, but at least it matches the first release.
And of course, after opening mine, I noticed a tiny slashed spine (impossible to see before opening it with Target and their damn plastic coffin... oh well... time for an exchange in store with CS clerks who don't understand collectors)... :angry:
Img_3335.jpg Img_3336.jpg Img_3337.jpg Img_3338.jpg Img_3340.jpg Img_3342.jpg Img_3343.jpg Img_3344.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: redlemon
Lucked out and got the very last copy at my "local" Target. Every store around here (Future Shop, WalMart, HMV, etc) allows you to put one on hold until a certain time regardless of quantity on hand, but this douche bag of a staff said no, I can't hold one for you. Even the first lady who answered the phone call said it shouldn't be a problem.

Seriously, it's no wonder Target can't make any inroads in Canada with that kind of customer service let alone the pricing. We are getting gouged up here! :mad:

Last edited: