The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Limited Edition Collectors Gift Set) [Worldwide]

Nov 29, 2012
hobbit.jpg

CLICK LINKS BELOW TO GO DIRECTLY TO EACH COUNTRY'S POST:

USA (w/ 3D disc):
Release date: April 8th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.com - {param} $79.96
Target.com - {param} $79.96
CANADA (HMV Exclusive; 2D only)

FRANCE (w/ 3D disc)

MEXICO (w/ 3D disc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... I'm a little confused.

For the first Hobbit, only one gift set was released, with the extended edition. Now what?

Will they release the same as the above, but with the extended cut?

This was announced for Germany (exclusive for amazon.de) but then went "missing" in a couple of days (I refure to think this went out of stock, because the price tag was 116€!!), I saw it once available again, but the second you tried to add it, it would be unavailable, so I don't know if this were just put on hold or what, but, in any case, I hope we see at least some EU amazon carry it it. This is a blind buy and it'll be an AMAZING addition to my Argonaths!

damn bit disappointed in this was really wanting to see a smaug collectable :LOL: instead it looks like they had nothing :ohno:... no fresh ideas & run with the dvd/bluray bookends which they did for the fellow ship of the rings with the argonaths....not impressed at all :( none the less will get this to go with the others :hilarious: here's wishing for the final installment to get Smaug!!!!

damn bit disappointed in this was really wanting to see a smaug collectable :LOL: instead it looks like they had nothing :ohno:... no fresh ideas & run with the dvd/bluray bookends which they did for the fellow ship of the rings with the argonaths....not impressed at all :( none the less will get this to go with the others :hilarious: here's wishing for the final installment to get Smaug!!!!

My guess is wait for the extended edition gift set.

I think this way better than a Smaug statue, which we're bound to get anyway with the Extended Edition. I wanted the Dwarven Sentinels as bookends ever since I watched AUJ.

Reactions: harry
the gift sets only come with the extended version ;) so @ barndoor " we're bound to get anyway with the Extended Edition" no this is it for this release so can only hope with the 3rd & final installment of the hobbit we get smaug... well I hope so any way!

the gift sets only come with the extended version ;) so @ barndoor " we're bound to get anyway with the Extended Edition" no this is it for this release so can only hope with the 3rd & final installment of the hobbit we get smaug... well I hope so any way!

But this is the theatrical version of Desolation of Smaug, NOT the extended edition! That won't be released until November. I know it's confusing, since it's the first time we've gotten a statue with the theatrical version of the film.

I think DoS EE will come with a Smaug statue and TABA EE with a Beorn in bear form one.

I love the dwarf statues, but I'm not buying this cut. If the extended cut comes with a Smaug collectible I won't be buying that, so it'll be the regular EE for me.

Sorry, we can't find that product but here are some other items that might interest you.... just tried the target link.... guess its been pulled as in general these gift sets are released well after (months after)the dvd/buray release... & if you own the previous release's of these gift sets you will see they are the extended versions! go check ;) they have never released multiple versions of each gift sets lol just saying as I own all of them & can assure you they never did theatrical edition gift sets only extended versions ;)

so, same situation as the German edition? they might be dropping the ball and showing what's in stock for the EE.. who knows?!

Yep...that item is gone...for now.
At least we know what to expect for later down the road. Either way im buying! They would look nice next to my Argonath bookends from LOTR.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - with BOOKENDS (HMV Excl.) [Canada]

Release date: April 8th, 2014
Purchase link: HMV.ca
Price: $59.99

736492.jpg

On HMV.ca website, it say:
DESOLATION OF SMAUG W/ ARGONATH BOOKENDS/ HMV EXCLUSIVE : 3SET:
But, pretty sure it's a typo and should be not be saying Argonath since this was for Lord of the Rings...

Attachments

• 736492.jpg
    736492.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug 3D + Guards of Erebor Collector's edition [FRANCE]

Release date: April 16th, 2014
Purchase link: amazon.fr
Price: (At time of listing) 90.30€

51JCb2tQjjL.jpg

Cool price, but no steelbook like Germany. On the plus side, no need to break one's head with customs if ordering from EU the US one, (if German one doesn't come back, that is).

Last edited: