The Hunger Games Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 4, 2021
Release date: March 22, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $89.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6494570_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What would have really completed this release would be for the steels to be contained in one of those library cases (the official name of the steel slip cases the likes of the Monsterverse/Mad Max sets came with)
Actually, now you say that, I take my earlier comment back. This simply isn’t good enough! Haha

I totally agree with @tommyh84 I'm looking at my Batman Anthology collection and Avengers collection and I like the metal outside case better than the cardboard case it's coming with this set.

It doesn't matter what the "library case®" is made of or shipped in. Some people will always get a dented metal library case® or a crushed cardboard library case®. If it was made of concrete some of them would be chipped or cracked. Glass? The same. Or the material they make those airplane "black boxes" out of...well then they would probably be orange.

It's just the way it is. Having said that, the metal library case® is always better.

I don't know if library case® is actually a registered trademark but I just wanted to throw it around for fun. :)

Well, at least it's got full length separating walls, and everything is a bit thicker. I did expect an Indiana Jones type flimsy box.
Of course metal box, as for aforementioned Mad Max and Monsterverse sets, would have been perfect. Those cost the same $100, btw.

Reactions: apsmith21
Unless Best Buy protects it with bubble wrap or foam, most people will probably receive it all dented up just the same. That's the reality.
This is why I always order multiple copies. When I bought the Harry Potter set, it was shipped in a sturdy box and was suspended with form fitting Styrofoam on the top and bottom. I still remember ordering virtually all the Marvel/Disney steels in 2019 and they shipped them loose in a box and,as a result, half were damaged. I don't know what it'd cost, but it seems like getting bubble wrap sleeves for steels would virtually eliminate almost all shipping damage. But what do I know. aircushions would also work and virtually every box I get from Amazon uses those.

Reactions: MM3
A couple of people have PM'd me direct if there will be more copies. I was considering possibly doing at most 5 more reservations and that would be it, for a total of 30.

Are there a few more people still looking to get one?

REMEMBER, shipping is going to be possibly $50+ for postage and whatever the box costs that I source just for this group buy, IN ADDITION to the pre-order cost.

A couple of people have PM'd me direct if there will be more copies. I was considering possibly doing at most 5 more reservations and that would be it, for a total of 30.

Are there a few more people still looking to get one?

REMEMBER, shipping is going to be possibly $50+ for postage and whatever the box costs that I source just for this group buy, IN ADDITION to the pre-order cost.

I managed to miss this, but would definitely order one if you made more available.

I managed to miss this, but would definitely order one if you made more available.

I've added 5 more copies, 1 set per member limit.

No more restocks after this.

Snagged the very last copy! Tried going direct but best buy does not accept european creditcards and or EU paypal. They also dont ship to my suite in florida, apparently they blocked freight forwarding companies

Might be a glitch, but if you add this to your cart with two of the titles from 20% off sale, it’ll take 20% ($18) off of this as well. Most of the recent steelbook releases are included in the sale, so pretty easy to trigger if you want any of the recent wave of Best Buy steels.AE499A28-11C6-4CCA-B8ED-D3C3C888E53E.jpeg