The Hunger Games Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 4, 2021
Release date: March 22, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $89.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6494570_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so the outer box is made of cardboard, not metal, right?
(sorry if that has been said before)
Yes. A few posts back there’s a twitter video of it. Looks much sturdier than others though.

Kinda thankful it’s not a metal case to save on postage, and may just sack off the box and display the slips.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
What I've gotten from that video is that we could've and would've got more interesting art, more, different characters, scenes displayed, more collages, if the studio didn't direct them all towards 'simple portraits' for uniformity...

I just realized the map is pretty much USA in the distant future, with Florida destroyed/submerged, in pieces, District 13 being around the Pennsylvania-New York area, and the Capitol on what used to be Colorado-Nebraska territory, approximately. I knew the World Government was in Denver...
GIF by Vulture.com

Reactions: moviewizguy
to all GB members (cross posting here for visibility), I've just sourced special heavier boxes for these sets today. I've left enough room for bubble wrap and not a ton of room for the set to move around. The boxes should arrive later this week.

I've not yet inspected or opened all the packages I've received yet, that will take some time.

As a reminder, I do have a few extras ordered in case of damages and if everything arrived OK, I will be adding those sets in a week or so to the group buy. I'll try and announce 24 hours before I do so.

Thanks

It's a little questionalbe if many people managed to get a mint set. Mine had a big dent in one corner. They shipped in a sturdy box, but the box set was loose inside. Why haven't they learned after all these years? Someone should call them out on social media.

It's a little questionalbe if many people managed to get a mint set. Mine had a big dent in one corner. They shipped in a sturdy box, but the box set was loose inside. Why haven't they learned after all these years? Someone should call them out on social media.

It's always been my thought that most people keep these sets despite any issues given their limited nature.

The other side of that coin are the people that return them more than once for repeated issues and cannot find one they are satisfied with.

Reactions: MM3
It's always been my thought that most people keep these sets despite any issues given their limited nature.

The other side of that coin are the people that return them more than once for repeated issues and cannot find one they are satisfied with.
I've been lucky enough to get, or find, mint copies of all BB releases so far, but this one item may be a problem. The copies on eBay don't look mint. Hope I find a good copy at some point, somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: apsmith21
to all GB members (cross posting here for visibility), I've just sourced special heavier boxes for these sets today. I've left enough room for bubble wrap and not a ton of room for the set to move around. The boxes should arrive later this week.

I've not yet inspected or opened all the packages I've received yet, that will take some time.

As a reminder, I do have a few extras ordered in case of damages and if everything arrived OK, I will be adding those sets in a week or so to the group buy. I'll try and announce 24 hours before I do so.

Thanks

Do you want payment for shipping now (seeing as too big to combine with more steels later) (not that I want to wait anyway)

Are you saying there is a dent in the corner of the cardboard box that holds the steelbooks? Or a dent in the actual steelbook?

Are you going to call them out on social media?

As the saying goes, "If not you, who? If not now, when?" ;)

It doesn't matter. All big companies have damages and returns. They accept it. It's all a part of the cost of doing business.

It will never change.

Reactions: apsmith21 and MM3

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up and doing all you can to help them arrive safer.

Where that leave those of us who want to combine shipping? Can this heavy duty box go in a larger box with other steels?

Thanks for the heads up and doing all you can to help them arrive safer.

Where that leave those of us who want to combine shipping? Can this heavy duty box go in a larger box with other steels?

Literally no savings for combining.

Last time I got a bigger box for the Rambo group buy and added more steels, I had multiple complaints about damages.

Reactions: Behold