The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 16th, 2015
Prices: £21.75 (Amazon UK) - £20.99 (Zavvi)
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

02.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My plan was to get this once the price drops like i did with catching Fire for under £10 so with this blank spine problem I can see this being in stock for a while so a price drop has to be on the cards now.

Cancelled, no point getting this if it doesn't match the previous ones - well done to however signed the artwork off (n)

WTF are they thinking with the blank spine?

Don't they get the picture? Steelbook collectors return *anything* if it isn't up to standards. No title on front? It's returned. Printed text on back? It's returned.

They only end up losing money and sales for each thing that isn't correct.

Reactions: jordidj
Feels like I had a lucky escape, I avoided the UK releases for Hunger Games, a few times I came close to buying them, I had the 2nd one in my hands in HMV too but decided not to buy it. The first one had no inside artwork but the third one takes the biscuit, a blank spine, they are trying it on with this release. I really hate the blank spine releases, lazy and not up to premium standard, cost considerably more than standard keep cases too, even a keep case has a title on the spine, really no excuse for this, feel sorry for anyone that was collecting these releases. (n)

Wtf! Cancelled my zavvi order, wonder if this will be the same with all UK releases eg: HMV?
Release date: March 16th, 2015
Prices: £21.75 (Amazon UK) - £20.99 (Zavvi)
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

View attachment 146684
View attachment 146685 View attachment 146686

This is not an exclusive to any retailer its a trade wide release
HMV have the same steelbook
Its a Lionsgate release
Its the same steelbook in all UK/Ireland retail shops and reason why you see the links above in the OP for the different retailers

No title on spine... gosh... that's a terrible news!!!
Seems like the Future Shop // Best Buy won that round!
No spine title is definitely odd - personally I'm not a fan of the FS/BB Steelbook artwork though unfortunately and the finish doesn't look great, so am going to stick with this one.

I'm not worrying about keeping a matching set so just tend to go for whichever I think looks best, so far I've ended up with:

- Hunger Games (District 12 Edition - Canada)
- Catching Fire (UK)
- Mockingjay Part 1 (UK)

The only Hunger Games steelbook that I think was extremely well done is the D12 edition.
It's a real shame that none of the Catching Fire/Mockingjay have been embossed, debossed, etc.

Last edited: