The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Play.com exclusive steelbook
Part of the Universal 100th Anniversary Wave.
Release Date: May 28th, 2012
Purchase link:
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/...ion-Play-com-Exclusive-Steelbook/Product.html

Thanks Wreck for the hi-res pics:
attachment.php

Other arts:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Actual pics: (thanks to Megabee!)
yukhulkinc1.jpg

yukhulkinc2.jpg

yukhulkinc3.jpg

yukhulkinc4.jpg

Attachments

• hulk2008.jpg
    hulk2008.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 602
  • hulk2008-back.jpg
    hulk2008-back.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 428
  • hulk2008inside.jpg
    hulk2008inside.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:
Something is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, auction or buy it now, it doesnt matter.

If something sells on auction regularly for £22 but someone buys it for £35, then its worth £35.

Of course i dont agree with this, but its fact. Overpriced buy it nows that sell make everyone else put theirs on a high buy it now and prices are pushed and pushed.

I still need this steelbook but im not likely to get one anytime soon as im not prepared to pay even £20 for it :p

I was once mocked for saying that. I'll stick my neck out again and say that this will be £100+ in the coming months. :movie:

I sure stirred up a hornets nest when I mentioned the huge surge in prices that this was now going for. I stand by every word, this title is taking off.

Was late getting into steelbooks and I want this bad, gutted about the price.

I'm the same, but I'm not willing to spend £50 (currently the cheapest price I can find in the UK) for a sealed copy, especially considering it's horizontal.

Alternatively, the US/Canada version might be worth considering. Some like it more than the Play version, some don't. I like it (it's quite different to my other Marvel steelbooks) and I decided to order it from Canada, and it will work out at about £16 delivered to the UK (excl. potential customs of £3), which is much more reasonable.

91RDxNDWML_zps818eda4e.jpg

Alternatively again, if you don't like it - keep an eye on this auction. It's not sealed but it's in what looks like excellent condition.

Miffed, not at all, just an encouragement to check the Trading Forum-many members may be able to help with different Steels. Good hunting, everyone!:)

Reactions: rpg
Miffed, not at all, just an encouragement to check the Trading Forum-many members may be able to help with different Steels. Good hunting, everyone!:)

I was only joking, not a massive fan of the steel, its alright but not the best by far. Just recently got iron man 1 and 2 play.com versions and feel i now need this to complete the marvel shelf!
will keep looking and trying :movie:

Reactions: digitalbabe
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
A copy of mine which I had shipped by mistake was stuck with my pal in the US for a year. It was listed at way below the going rate but with no takers. Finally one kind soul at BR grabbed it. After that I got so many PMs asking if it was still available. Some folks simply don't go through the classifieds and end up paying higher price elsewhere.

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Just a personal comment with this release...Out of all the ones I had, don't be surprised if the shrinkwrap is loose/slightly messed up...It is a common issue.

Hubmuswell is right about the shrink on this release, it took me a couple of attempts to get a copy I was happy with. For whatever reason the shrink is super wrinkly on alot of copies.

Finally completed my phase one collection with this steel. IMO, this one is much better than the reel heroes steel, which tbh I don't consider that wave steels. :p Now I'm just waiting for Nova to release full slips of IM3 and Thor 2 to compliment CA:TWS and GoTG. :naughty:

FdEE7Is.jpg

Last edited: