The Invisible Man (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #010) [UK]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: July 12, 2021
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order on May 12, at 8 PM - UK time)
Price: £42.99 (inc. VAT) - £35.82 (exc. VAT)
Note: Premium Slipcase with multi-level embossing and metallic details. 6x A6 Art Cards. A4 Poster (Tubed). Photo Booklet (28pg). Collector's Folder. Premium Envelope with Foiling. Plastic Numbering Card. Numbering Sticker. Region Coding: FREE (A,B,C).

store.packshot_1024x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Was never a fan of the steel so I thought a nice slip with some black poster artwork might make it look acceptable. But this is pretty dreadful. Bar a WEA it's the first time in a while I'll be going with the local 4K amaray without any want for an upgrade.

Reactions: Shark and TobGud
Here's a better pic of the slip.......

View attachment 505142

The more I look at it the worse it gets! The title on the front looks ridiculous. Way too small and a different colour compared to the spine.

OMG..
AWFUL
UGLY
MESSY
NO...JUST NOOOOOOOOO

that was a 100% purchase for me... with THAT slip I'll prolly pass...

HOPEFULLY EB will come to their senses and change that...I'd rather wait a year and get a slip thats at least decent

I sold my 4K amaray a few months ago when this was announced. I honestly quite like the physical extras and this art - especially considering the limited amount of official promotional material they could have used.

I've got to admit that I didn't know this film. At first I thought it was like one of those old movies that hold a place in people's heart but then I realised it's been released last year.
I mean, I'm ok with it, not my business of course, but did it really deserved a "premium" treatment? Genuinely asking...

I've got to admit that I didn't know this film. At first I thought it was like one of those old movies that hold a place in people's heart but then I realised it's been released last year.
I mean, I'm ok with it, not my business of course, but did it really deserved a "premium" treatment? Genuinely asking...
The movie did really well and was well received by audiences. (Part of the reboot of their 'classic monsters' universe) Probably better than Universal expected.

It IS a good film. A modern update of the Invisible Man for newer audiences. So a premium release was inevitable to keep the interest going.

This was much better than Cruises Mummy reboot. It's quite a dark thriller (as would be expected as it's directed by the writer of the Saw and Insidious movies.....)

Last edited:
I really want EB to sack off the poster and the strut card, and slightly thin their packages down. They just seem so unnecessarily large and I just think the extras are just too much.

I get the slip art, but that background which highlights a crucial element of the film just looks like some kind of space shop armada in the sky.

I also really don’t think the fading on the title and the house near the bottom, and I don’t really feel Aldis with the gun has any business being on the cover.

This is a classic case of trying too hard to create something different considering the lack of material to work with, however this release just needs a very simple yet beautifully executed art. I’m thinking their release of Get Out and the simple treatment that received would have been much better than this.

I really hope that art is TBC and even if they just adjust the colours and change/remove some elements, it might save it.

Would have preferred something like this poster for the slip, with the proper treatment that EB have been giving their slips lately, it would have looked good.

invisible_man.jpg

Or this as a wraparound, again with the right finish/treatment...

invisible_man_ver5_xlg.jpg

Alternatively, if you don't mind spoilers, this one:

Screen Shot .png

Would have preferred something like this poster for the slip, with the proper treatment that EB have been giving their slips lately, it would have looked good.

View attachment 505171

Or this as a wraparound, again with the right finish/treatment...

View attachment 505170

Alternatively, if you don't mind spoilers, this one:

View attachment 505172

That first cover and then they could have given it embossing/debossing treatment for that hexagonal pattern they have in the background of their proposed art, with spot gloss too

Reactions: IRON MAN
Awful, but I am sure that the invisible man is pretty much visible in both the slip and steel....

On another note, what is it with EB and the ridiculously horrid floating head slip artworks recently ?, they all look the same, even the characters seem to be placed in the same positions and looking in the same directions as the others...garbage