Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets start a petition and send it to Disney studio: We want ******* title on the front side and on the spine!!!

I'm afraid that even if the whole world wants titles, they wouldn't care. Only if none of us buy them. But that again will never happen...

Late to the party as just seen the Film Arena artwork which has the same front cover as the mock-up but unfortunately appears to be too zoomed in (n):(
Hoping that the excessive zoom is incorrect and that the end result is more like the mock-up or the Amarays.
154318_large.jpg
122329_large.jpg

Maybe not too unusual that they've used the same image on the Amaray editions as on the steelbook as it's one of the three best images available (IMO) for the front cover with the others being these two (also from BLT COMMUNICATIONS, LLC):-
jungle_book_ver21.jpg

Back artwork courtesy of BLT again . . . with a touch of the Chinese poster and the Shere Khan banner image:-

jungle_book_ver8.jpg

upload_2016-7-13_12-5-30.png

Didn't order this with the artwork TBC and now it's confirmed as the same artwork but too zoomed in I'll wait for in-hand pics to make the decision (as it's top price for a U.K. steel).
Like the full picture spine a lot as it's something that gives this type of steel that extra dimension missing when it's just a plain title (IMO) :thumbs:
(Blank spine with or without just the studio and Blu-ray logo is a no-no but a multi-picture spine is a perfectly acceptable alternative to a spine title in my opinion and on animated and similar films a better and more fun option (again, just my personal opinion).

The film itself appears to be doing great box office - at present standing not far short of $1B on a budget of $175M - and helping to put Disney at the top of the pile of the other major studios for the first time since 2003 (the others of the Big Six being Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner Brothers).

Last edited:
WHY, oh WHY does Zavvi have to keep putting these dumb, condescending character photos on the side of the Spine in lieu of the title?
This is ridiculous. I cancelled my order of "The Force Awakens" because of this issue. I cancelled my order of "Civil War" because of this issue.

DON'T MAKE ME DO IT AGAIN, ZAVVI.

You'd think Zavvi would see the cancelled orders and backlash by now...something for head office to say something to Disney

"Look guys we're selling your product and we've been getting a lot of complaints...this will help you and us out. If you make fans happy, they'll be more likely to buy it which means more money for you and us, everyone wins"

Reactions: elchipo
You'd think Zavvi would see the cancelled orders and backlash by now...something for head office to say something to Disney

"Look guys we're selling your product and we've been getting a lot of complaints...this will help you and us out. If you make fans happy, they'll be more likely to buy it which means more money for you and us, everyone wins"

Disney is a multi-billion dollar juggernaut that owns theme parks in different countries and has outright BOUGHT Marvel and Lucasfilm for billions of dollars. I don't think Zavvi would do anything to sabotage a good working relationship with Disney. I think you're better off starting a petition or writing letters to Disney Customer Relations to get this changed. Depending on Zavvi to do anything, when they are making thousands, probably millions of dollars, off Disney products is folly.

PS I love how so many people focus so much hate on Zavvi when they are the ones just selling this steelbook. Why not hate Amazon for selling the same one in multiple countries? Think about it for a second, please.

WHY, oh WHY does Zavvi have to keep putting these dumb, condescending character photos on the side of the Spine in lieu of the title?
This is ridiculous. I cancelled my order of "The Force Awakens" because of this issue. I cancelled my order of "Civil War" because of this issue.

DON'T MAKE ME DO IT AGAIN, ZAVVI.
Steelbook Artwork is designed by Disney not Zavvi
It's a WWA new release steelbook it's not a WEA UK back catalogue exclusive
Zavvi are only a retailer selling what's offered to them by film studios to sell
If this was a Amazon UK or Hmv UK exclusive instead of Zavvi it would be the exact same steelbook

Zavvi do not do any artwork design all artwork design is done by film studio
Zavvi don't manufacture steelbooks they just sell what film studios distributors offer them to sell
It's not a back catalogue zavvi exclusive release where zavvi can suggest artwork for the film studio to consider
This steelbook it's a trade wide new release steelbook available from various retailers across europe/asia as in it's the same steelbook
This same steelbook is available in Italy/Spain from Amazon
Zavvi just have exclusive for UK as a retailer

Disney release the same steelbook in Europe and Asia and some retailers in various countries get as a exclusive for that country

Disney Europe supply Europe/Asia (Steelbook manufactured in Denmark)

Disney USA supply USA/Canada/South America (Steelbook manufactured in North America)

Last edited:
Disney is a multi-billion dollar juggernaut that owns theme parks in different countries and has outright BOUGHT Marvel and Lucasfilm for billions of dollars. I don't think Zavvi would do anything to sabotage a good working relationship with Disney. I think you're better off starting a petition or writing letters to Disney Customer Relations to get this changed. Depending on Zavvi to do anything, when they are making thousands, probably millions of dollars, off Disney products is folly.

PS I love how so many people focus so much hate on Zavvi when they are the ones just selling this steelbook. Why not hate Amazon for selling the same one in multiple countries? Think about it for a second, please.

That doesn't mean that they can't say anything...they and other companies are SELLING their product which gets Disney so much money. It's not like they are expected to shout down the phone or something....just a friendly "Hey guys, sales are low, this is the problem, up to you what you do with it but if you get things sorted it means we both win"

What's wrong with that? Unless the people at Disney get offended at everything like crybabies I don't see the problem. Business is a two way street, you can't bite your tongue because your scared to say something.

Ruin the relationship lol...they need each other.

Really just seems you are trying to give Zavvi and other companies a free pass here. They have some power to help this situation but they don't do anything.

Reactions: FN-2187
That doesn't mean that they can't say anything...they and other companies are SELLING their product which gets Disney so much money. It's not like they are expected to shout down the phone or something....just a friendly "Hey guys, sales are low, this is the problem, up to you what you do with it but if you get things sorted it means we both win"

What's wrong with that? Unless the people at Disney get offended at everything like crybabies I don't see the problem. Business is a two way street, you can't bite your tongue because your scared to say something.

Ruin the relationship lol...they need each other.

Really just seems you are trying to give Zavvi and other companies a free pass here. They have some power to help this situation but they don't do anything.
I'm quite sure the sales aren't low. This is Disney material we are talking about. Jungle Book, Star Wars. It will sell, ugly spine and no title or not. Collectors like us are a tiny margin of the total market. Disney saves a load of money on these steelbooks with no titles which they can use for the whole world. A few angry collectors don't matter a single bit.

As a collector I just don't buy them because they are not up to standard, but I don't have the illusion it will change due to me and a couple hundred maybe thousand other collectors won't spend our money on it (and even amongst ourselves there are still plenty of people who buy these crappy steelbooks anyway).

i just cancelled my copy, its too expensive too b generic art, the italian one is cheaper including the shipping and now that blufans announced their WWE i just may wait....zavvi is incising their prices in a crazy way just look at the startrek trilogy compared with the italian one, it is more that 10 dollars difference and the shipping its included....