The Ken Taylor Art thread

Man of Steel

It's not an 'S'
Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
Warwickshire, United Kingdom.
Ken Taylor's awesome Watchmen Print, done in metallic inks!

IMG_4039.jpg

Regular
watchmenbg.jpg

Glow Variant Print
watchmen_taylor_var_web.JPG

8561771449_f12989eee1_o.jpg

ken-taylor-watchmen-poster-1.jpg

ken-taylor-watchmen-poster-3.jpg

ken-taylor-watchmen-poster-2.jpg

Print Run Info

Year: 2013
Class: Art Print
Released: 03/15/13
Run: 400 Regular
Run: 205 Glow Variant
Size: 21 X 36

Last edited:
Haven't decided if I want to keep mine yet. So many prints in the framing queue right now :ohno:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    99.2 KB · Views: 275
No love for the Taylor? I personally prefer this one over the Ansin. I like the subtlety of it.

Taylor is my fav artist ..... and while I agree I do like he subtly on this ... I still prefer the ansin ...

I just think this one is too busy in certain areas .... almost wish he had no cape or the bottom wasnt there. Or maybe if the cape wasnt so bright red.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I like the Taylor more than the Ansin and it fits in with his other movie posters like American werewolf in London and Halloween, but I have a feeling that both of these will be available cheaper in the after market.

I like the Taylor more than the Ansin and it fits in with his other movie posters like American werewolf in London and Halloween, but I have a feeling that both of these will be available cheaper in the after market.

Doubt you're goin to find any of the limited releases cheaper than their initial price on a drop....

yeah, scratching my head on that one. There's a reason why there are so many ebay flippers.

I too prefer the Taylor design over the Ansin. I generally don't even bother with Mondo releases, but I might actually try for one of these, and than probably once again remember why I don't even bother with Mondo releases.

Guiness7 has a good point, I got a few Taylor prints, American Werewolf Variant and Watchmen for example, for a good bit less than they cost on Mondo.
It's usually in auctions a few weeks after the release.

nice score, but the average price tracked by EB for American Werewolf is $79.50. So you were lucky in scoring that deal.

And this is for a brand new major motion picture of the most famous superhero in the world.

Last edited:
By no means do I think the metal version will be cheaper in the after market, as it will probably go for 2 to 3 times the amount that it originally was. The Ansin on the other hand being a timed release will most likely end up the same way the Olly Moss timed release went. If you are looking to get one of those now you could probably get one for well under cost. The Taylor could go either way, but it is not a must have for me, so I can wait it out and if the right price comes up than I will pick one up. The sad thing is with most collecting half the people in these drops will be flippers and more often than not in a few weeks prints can be had for cost or less. This all makes no difference any way. If you like the art buy it, display it, and enjoy it. Don't let someone else tell you what is going to be a good print.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

nice score, but the average price tracked by EB for American Werewolf is $79.50. So you were lucky in scoring that deal.

And this is for a brand new major motion picture of the most famous superhero in the world.

That is the average which is front loaded. You have to look at the last few sold. If you look up the last twenty sold only four of them sold for over $70.

This ones goes up soon, if anyone is interested. I'll be grabbing a regular one. I should go for the variant just as practice for the Metal Ansin tomorrow, but I like the colors in the regular version more.

Hi Robert I'm interested in the regular one mate. I'm waiting for this to go live to go to bed but I won't be able to make. 145 AM in Australia and I need to get up at 6 AM. Do you think you can try to grab me one? :)

I totally would, but the limit on these.

edit: And it looks like I missed out anyway. I had to run to the bathroom, so at least that will be a lesson for tomorrow! Lesson learned: don't drink anything from 9-12CST.

I missed it by about 30 seconds.