Paris, France
Release date: 7th July 2017
Purchase link: Manta Lab
Price: $43.99
Group Buy: HERE
Note:
Confirmed as the last edition in the global series
- Numbered 1 to 700
- Double Lenticular Full Slip : Super clear 3D Lenticular X 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- Photo Booklet (Full Size)
- Activity Set - Paper Puzzles, Jigsaw and movable paper stickers.
- Exclusive numbering sticker + Exclusive release front sticker.

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_1189.PNG

Front:
giphy.gif

Back:
giphy.gif
IMG_2672.JPG

legobat.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine today. Front cover lenticular looks positively spectacular.

I also have the Blufans on order but dam Blufans is gonna have to deliver the GOODS to beat this Manta Lab version.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Got it yesterday, really superb and colorful lenti:

01.jpg

I also like the spine of the slip very much, with all its embossing.

Got this today, awesome edition but got a few scratches on my back lenti which is disappointing :(

My copy has an ugly scratch in the backside lenti, too:

scr1.jpg

After making a turn to vertical direction ...

scr2.jpg

... it runs down to the bottom.

Got it yesterday, really superb and colorful lenti:

View attachment 323093
I also like the spine of the slip very much, with all its embossing.

My copy has an ugly scratch in the backside lenti, too:

View attachment 323094

After making a turn to vertical direction ...

View attachment 323095

... it runs down to the bottom.

Completely forgot about emailing them lol, thanks for the reminder.

It sucks when you get a scratched lenti but I don't mind with Manta cause their customer service is top notch and know a quality issue with them is an oversight rather than carelessness like some companies

Completely forgot about emailing them lol, thanks for the reminder.

It sucks when you get a scratched lenti but I don't mind with Manta cause their customer service is top notch and know a quality issue with them is an oversight rather than carelessness like some companies

You're welcome ;)
Strange thing: I always feel bad when I need to ask for a replacement or such at a company, no matter how reputable their customers' service is. I don't like doing that at all. It's weird and I can't exactly explain why, because it's not unreasonable to expect a flawless product, especially at this price range. But I do feel like I'm being overly picky and ultimately ask for free stuff, which I don't like neither. Very strange indeed, I know.

I used to not bother about contacting the retailer for minor imperfections. I have some premium Steels which have creases on the spine of the slip. I was ignoring them but recently I learned my lesson when I tried to offload a spare overlooking it and had to deal with process of paying the buyer to return it. So from that point onwards, I have started to become picky. Every single imperfection on a premium release affects its value. If I paid a high price then I expect a flawless product (minus loose disc). However if I got them at a heavily discounted price then I wouldn't mind minor issues.

You're welcome ;)
Strange thing: I always feel bad when I need to ask for a replacement or such at a company, no matter how reputable their customers' service is. I don't like doing that at all. It's weird and I can't exactly explain why, because it's not unreasonable to expect a flawless product, especially at this price range. But I do feel like I'm being overly picky and ultimately ask for free stuff, which I don't like neither. Very strange indeed, I know.

I know what you're saying, I feel awkward too and this is only the second time i've had to do it but at the end of the day..you are paying a premium price for a premium product, you would want it to be mint ideally especially when everybody else is posting pics of their flawless copies here. What bothered me recently and I don't really know why because the numbers never really bothered me (though we all love the smaller numbers) is people who getting super low numbers and I ordered within a minute of it going live on their site and got nearly number 468 out of 700..

Got mine yesterday, another great slip by Manta. Very happy and looks great next to BF. Slip quality is 10x better than BF Lego Movie

Finally had time to crack mine open. As others have mentioned, both lentis are excellent. The detail on the spine and top of the slip is pretty incredible, too. Each little LEGO emblem is perfectly embossed and then has the tiny little LEGO print debossed within it; really impressive work. It almost makes me wish they'd done a full slip as well. :LOL:

I think some of the better photographers on here have already captured this release from top to bottom, but here are a few more shots for the hell of it:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.JPG 6.JPG
Also, I thought the steel was going to be matte with spot gloss, but it ended up being lightly glossy all-round. Must've been confusing it with the NA release. Not a bad steelbook, but the art is practically begging for 'bossing front and back. One can only dream. :whistle:

Still, not a bad send off for Manta's Global Series. It had a pretty good run, but Manta's upcoming Exclusive lineup looks pretty cracking. :thumbs:

Last edited: