• How It Should Have Ended - Alternate Ending
  • How It Should Have Ended - LEGO Super Cafe
  • Trapped In The Ice: A Short Film
  • Dream Job: Meet the Master Builders
  • Unlock the Secrets: The Insider's Guide to the LEGO Movie
  • Deleted Scenes

Last edited by a moderator:
HMV UK doesn't ship outside of UK no?

Your double negative is super confusing, but HMV UK does not ship outside the UK. I was hoping another retailer in another country would also pick this up, but who knows.

I love this artwork! It's much more creative than BF's IMO. Would rather it didn't have any text at all (including the logo) on the front though. Looking forward to seeing the back. :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Aberdonian83
So are HMV dipping into the back catalogue for steelbooks. With a gloss finish and some great emboss/debossing this could be amazing, but one I will pass on seeing has I only recently picked up the 3D amaray £5 new.

Reactions: Flash
I'm honestly so dissapointed with this art. Really annoyed me!

Waited ages for a U.K. Steel and they go with the worst option of the blu fans realease. I understand the blu fans steel art is WEA but they should of gone for the lenti art.

Tempted to get this...wish it didn't have 'special special edition' written all over it - would look much better just with the brick look and no words around it.

Held off buying the blu Ray in the hope a steelbook would be released here... But not sure I like it enough for that price...argh!

Been waiting for a steel couldn't understand why they didn't make one when the film came out now but they obviously thought let's wait till everyone owns it in a lesser format then make a steel ages later :(

Wouldn't it be better if it was called the "Awesome edition"

"Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team"

I know you have the "Special person" but the Special, Special person....am I missing something

Reactions: Heche1981 and Flash
Can't move for seeing this plastered all over Facebook and Twitter today! Oddly, HMV aren't the ones doing the plastering - you would expect them to promote their own exclusive SteelBook, but apparently they don't seem very interested in doing that.

That's a poor choice of artwork considering the artwork that other worldwide SteelBook releases have had so far. The price is also laughable for a film that was originally released in November 2014, and from what I can tell this isn't even the 3D version! Who is this aimed at with a £19.99 price tag? The artwork would suggest it is aimed at kids, but who is really buying their kid Blu-Ray SteelBooks, let alone one priced at £19.99!? Browsing HMV's own website, they have the box set with LEGO wizard for £9.99 and the 3D release with sleeve for £15.99, so who is going to want to pay £19.99 for a lesser version minus a LEGO figure and not even 3D? :dunno:

For £19.99, I expect at least a 3D disc to be included. Different artwork would also be preferable. :thumbs:

Wouldn't it be better if it was called the "Awesome edition"

"Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team"

I know you have the "Special person" but the Special, Special person....am I missing something

They already made this quite nice version

image.jpg

Reactions: Flloydo
They already made this quite nice version

image.jpg

This is the version I own (and got it cheaper than the current price for this steel) but I never got around to opening the shrink wrap of the blu Ray case so I was going to sell it at some point to add toward a steel (but keep the figure and cut out).
But I really can't handle the HMV art. Shame
I'll wait for photos and if the finish is gloss and has great embossing then it might look better but after seeing what can be done for this release I expect better

Reactions: Flash
Bought the UK amaray with lenticular slip and 3-D disc for £8.99 sealed a couple of weeks ago and that will do for me, SICK AND TIRED of Steelbook collector's getting shafted over lack of 3-D, bonus feature's etc, if HMV are to start knocking out back catalogue release's then I hope this is not their starting price point.

I a
Bought the UK amaray with lenticular slip and 3-D disc for £8.99 sealed a couple of weeks ago and that will do for me, SICK AND TIRED of Steelbook collector's getting shafted over lack of 3-D, bonus feature's etc, if HMV are to start knocking out back catalogue release's then I hope this is not their starting price point.
I agree, this should be a £12.99 release like zavvi has been doing

Maximum clever, iconic yellow Lego brick artwork - particularly if the four brick "studs" are embossed - and should be a real winner in the flesh.

Got to second steelbookgenius's comment about the 20 quid price point for a catalogue title . . . and having a touch of deja vu regarding his reply to my grumble on the PIXELS thread about the lack of 3D in a steelbook when it's already available in the Amaray and totally agree that HMV should take a leaf out of Zavvi's book and price these catalogue titles in steelbooks s e n s i b l y as this price is downright offensive :mad:

It would be nice to add another yellow to the other yellow steelbooks as they brighten up the shelves and they are a welcome change from the more usual boring blacks and greys.

Took my son to see this in the cinema in 3D a couple of years ago but not really my kind of thing and embarrassed to say I dozed off in the middle - he loved it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
HMV missed an opportunity here as I would have welcomed this a year ago while the blu fans version was in limbo.

But I'm not even going to consider this now the blufans version is on its way to me.

Reactions: Leafs17